Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC Constable GD Recruitment 2022 notification on 27/10/2022. There are about 24,369 openings on a regular basis. Every year, the Staff Selection Commission conducts the Constable GD Exam for applicants looking for positions in various forces such as Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Secretariat Security Force (SSF), Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles (AR) and Sepoy in NCB (Narcotics Control Bureau.
So, starting on 27th October 2022 candidates who are interested and eligible can check the SSC GD Constable eligibility and apply online as per the details given below. The last date for online application is 30th November 2022. The content below provides information on the GD Constable vacancy, selection process, applying method, fee structure and SSC GD constable exam dates. Aspirants can also check the latest SSC News 2022.
Name of the Post: Constable (General Duty)
Post Date: 27/10/2022
No of Vacancies: 24369
Place: Across India
Important Dates for SSC Constable GD Recruitment 2022:
Applications must only be filed online. The table includes the date and time for the online application. Candidates must submit their applications by the deadline or earlier. After the deadline, applications won’t be considered. The SSC Constable GD 2022 exam date is shown here for candidates’ convenience.
Check the SSC GD Recruitment 2022 Notification PDF using the given links. Scroll below for online application links.
|Starting Date for Submission of Online Application||27/10/2022|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application||30/11/2022 (23:00)|
|Last date for making Online Fee Payment||01/12/2022 (23:00)|
|Last date for Generation of Offline Challan||30/11/2022|
|Last date for Payment through Challan (during|
Working hours of Bank)
|Computer Based Exam Date||January 2023|
Vacancy details of SSC Constable GD Recruitment 2022:
The vacancies for SSC Constable GD 2022 in different forces of the Government of India are given below. Check the vacancy details below. Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for the GD Constable positions. The table below shows the overall vacancies.
|Total Part-I + Part-II||24369|
Below are separate category-based vacancy tables for male and female candidates.
SSC Constable GD Vacancies (Male) 2022:
|Force||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||UR||Total Vacancy (Male)2022|
SSC Constable GD Vacancies (Female) 2022:
|Force||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||UR||Total Vacancy (Female)2022|
SSC GD Constable Salary:
The table below shows the candidate’s monthly salaries. Candidates will be paid on a monthly basis according to the Pay Level below. Check salary information here.
|S. No||Pay Level||SSC GD Constable Salary|
|1||Pay Level-1||18000 – 56900|
|2||Pay Level-3||21700 – 69100|
SSC GD Constable Age limit 2022 (as on 01/01/2023):
The age limit for the GD Constable Recruitment 2022 as on 01/01/2023 is given below. Candidates must be under the following age restriction. Candidates should not have been born earlier than 02/01/2000 and later than 01/01/2005.
|S. No||Name of the Post||Minimum age Limit||Maximum Age Limit|
|1||Constable-GD||18 years||23 years|
Relaxation in the upper age limit for SSC GD Constable 2022 is as follows.
|S. No||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||SC / ST||05 years|
|3||Persons with Disabilities: PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|4||Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved)||05 years|
|5||Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)||08 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years|
|7||Children and dependent of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ ST)||10 years|
- Candidates must have passed Matriculation or 10th from a recognized Board / University.
The selection process will be based on five stages as given below.
- Computer-Based Examination (CBE)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Medical Examination
- Document Verification
Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- People of Indian Origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Afganistan, Kenya, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
How to Apply for SSC Constable GD Recruitment 2022:
Candidates should apply online by visiting the official bank website. Follow the given steps and apply accordingly.
- Visit SSC Website www.ssc.nic.in
- On the Home Page Click ->New User? / Register Now.
- New User: Candidates must register themselves using their active email ID and Password.
- After registering, candidates may log in using their registration number and password.
- Users who have previously registered may log in & apply directly.
- The direct link to apply online is given below.
- Candidates must correctly fill out all of the information requested on the application form.
- No changes can be made after the form has been submitted.
- Photographs of the candidate must be uploaded in JPEG format.
- Candidates can pay their application fee online / generation of offline Challan / through Challan (during working hours of Bank).
- Read the payment instructions carefully and proceed with your payment.
- Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- Print the application form for future reference.
Previous Year Vacancies:
Candidates can go through the previous year’s vacancy details in the below table.
|Force||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||UR||Total Vacancy (Male) 2021|
|Positions||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||GEN||Total Vacancy (Female) 2021|
- Total vacancy released in the year 2019 for male candidates – 50699. Aspirants can check the category wise vacancies here.
- Total vacancy released in the year 2019 for female candidates – 9511. Aspirants can check the category wise vacancies here.