Union Public Services Commission has announced the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2023 notification on 01/02/2023. Notification is out to fill 1105 Vacancies in the Indian Civil Service. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online from 01/02/2023 to 21/02/2023. Candidates waiting for the UPSC CSE 2023 notification can apply online using the online application link. Also view the eligibility criteria, selection process, UPSC Notification 2023 PDF and previous year vacancy details in the below content. Aspirants can check UPSC CSE 2023 Syllabus here. UPSC Civil Services 2023 exam will begin on 28th May 2023.
Name of the Post: UPSC Civil Services Exam
Post Date: 01/02/2023
No of Vacancies: 1105
Place: Across India
Important Dates for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2023:
Applications must be submitted online only. The online application date and time are given in the below table. Candidates must submit the application on or before the last date 21st February 2023. Applications will not be accepted after the last date.
|Start Date of Online Application||01/02/2023|
|Last Date of Online Application||21/02/2023 till 06:00 PM|
|UPSC 2023 Exam Date Prelims||28/05/2023|
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2023 Vacancy Details:
The number of vacancies to be filled through the UPSC Civil Services 2023 examination is approximately 1105 Posts.
|S. No||Name of the Posts||No. of Posts|
|1||Civil Service Exam||1105|
Selected candidates will be posted in the below services. Check all the services given under.
- IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
- IFS (Indian Foreign Service).
- IPS (Indian Police Service).
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service, Junior Grade Group ‘A’
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, (DANICS), Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service (DANIPS), Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service (PONDICS), Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Police Service (PONDIPS), Group ‘B’
UPSC 2023 Age Limit:
The age limit for the Civil Services Examination 2023 is given below. Candidates applying for the UPSC Civil Services Exam must satisfy the following age limit.
- The age limit of the candidates should be between 21 to 32 years on the 1st of August, 2023.
- Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/08/1991 and not later than 01/08/2002.
UPSC Age Relaxation:
Relaxation in the upper age limit for different categories such as SC, ST, OBC, PWD is as under.
|S. No||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||Schedule Cast / Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||05 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||03 years|
|3||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|4||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC||13 years|
|5||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC / ST||15 years|
Educational Qualification for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2023:
- The candidate must hold a Graduate Degree in any Discipline from a recognized university.
UPSC Civil Services 2023: Selection Process
The selection will be based on the
- Preliminary Examination (Objective type)
- Main Examination
Candidates must pay the application fee online / offline.
- Candidates pay online by using Visa / Master / RuPay Credit / Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
- The “Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 11.59 P.M. of 20th February 2023 and the online payment mode will be closed on 21st February 2023 06:00 P.M.
|S. No||Category||Application Fees|
|1||UR / OBC / Other||100/-|
|2||SC / ST / Female / PwBD||Nil|
How to Apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2023:
- Candidates can apply Online by visiting the official UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in.
- Click -> Exam Notification -> Apply Online.
- The online application form contains two-stage viz. Part I and Part II and Candidates are required to complete both.
- Part-I – Register using a valid and active Email Id for registration.
- The Online Applications (Part I and II) can be filled up to 21st Feb 2023 till 6:00 PM.
- Part-II – Log in using the resister number, Password & Fill out the online application.
- Candidates should upload the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Documents: photo ID viz. Aadhar Card / Voter Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving License / School Photo ID / Any other photo ID Card issued by the State / Central Government.
- Candidates must pay the application fee (methods given above).
- Submit the application.
- Take a printout of the finally submitted application.