Union Public Services Commission has announced the UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021 notification on 04/03/2021. Notification is out for 712 Vacancies in the Indian Civil Service. Eligible candidates can apply online from 04/03/2021 to 24/03/2021. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fees structure, syllabus, pattern and important dates below.
Name of the Post: UPSC Civil Services Exam
Post Date: 04/03/2021
No of Vacancies: 712
Place: Across India
Important Dates for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021:
|Start Date of Online Application||04/03/2021|
|Last Date of Online Application||24/03/2021 till 06:00 PM|
|Preliminary Exam Date||10/10/2021|
- IAS (Indian Administrative Service)
- IFS (Indian Foreign Service).
- IPS (Indian Police Service).
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service, Junior Grade Group ‘A’
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, (DANICS), Group ‘B’.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service (DANIPS), Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service (PONDICS), Group ‘B’
Vacancy Details of UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021:
|S. No||Name of the Posts||No. of Posts|
|1||Civil Service Exam||712|
- The age limit should be between 21 to 32 years on the 1st of August, 2021.
- Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/08/1989 and not later than 01/08/2000.
|S. No||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||Schedule Cast/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||05 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||03 years|
|3||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|4||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC||13 years|
|5||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC / ST||15 years|
Educational Qualification for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021:
- The candidate must hold a Degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Selection Process of UPSC Civil Services 2021:
The selection will be based on the
- Preliminary Examination (Objective type)
- Main Examination
|1||UR / OBC / Other||100/-|
|2||SC / ST / Female / PwBD||Nil|
- Candidates pay online by using Visa / Master / RuPay Credit / Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
How to Apply for UPSC Civil Services Exam 2021:
- Candidates can apply Online by visiting the official UPSC website upsconline.nic.in.
- The online application form contains two-stage viz. Part I and Part II and Candidates are required to complete both.
- Register using a valid and active Email Id for registration
- The Online Applications (Part I and II) can be filled upto 24th March 2021 till 6:00 PM.
- Candidates should upload the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Documents: photo ID viz. Aadhar Card / Voter Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving License / School Photo ID / Any other photo ID Card issued by the State / Central Government.
- Candidates need to pay the application fee.
- Submit the application and take a printout of the finally submitted application.