IBPS PO Recruitment 2020: Institute of Banking Personnel and Selection conducts the IBPS PO exam every year to fill the Probationary officers posts on regular basis across India and also announces more than 3000 vacancies every year for the PO posts. Multiple Public Sector Banks are the part of IBPS. IBPS has now released the tentative Exam calendar for the year 2020-21. This is a great opportunity for candidates who are aspiring to work in the banking and financial sector. The Exam will be conducted in three stages i.e prelims, mains and Interview. Candidates can go through this article for the detailed information about the IBPS PO Recruitment process.
Candidates can refer the exam dates, Cut Off, Syllabus and exam pattern for IBPS 2020 in the below mentioned link.
- IBPS Exam Calendar 2020-21
- IBPS PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2020
- IBPS PO Cut-Off Expected 2020
- IBPS Recruitment
IBPS PO 2020 Overview:
Candidates can refer this article to know the IBPS PO 2020 tentative exam dates, Vacancies, educational qualification, age limit, application fees, applying method, Nationality / Citizenship, Selection Process of IBPS PO 2020. Aspirants should fulfill the eligibility criteria to apply for the post.
Important Dates for IBPS PO Recruitment 2020:
|Name of the Post||Preliminary Exam||Main Exam|
|IBPS Probationary Officers||03/10/2020|
- The official notification for IBPS PO will be released in August 2020.
- The registration will start from the month of August 2020.
- Call letters can be downloaded 1 week before the preliminary examination.
- Online Prelims exam and Mains exam will be conducted as per the dates mentioned in the table. Candidates can also check the official notification (IBPS Exam Calendar 2020-21).
- Results for the prelims exam will be announced in the month of November.
- Results for the Mains exam will be announced in the month of January 2021.
Vacancy details of IBPS PO Recruitment 2020:
IBPS Releases large number of vacancies every year. Comparing the vacancies of previous years (2019 – 4336, 2018 – 4252, 2017 – 3562) we can note that there is gradual increase in the vacancies. So this year it is expected to be a decent count and candidates can hope for a increase in the vacancy of Probationary officers post. The Vacancies for the year 2020-21 will be announced by the IBPS soon. Candidates can check the vacancy details of 2019, 2018 and 2017 in the below table and keep checking the Jobs Cloud for the latest announcements regarding IBPS recruitment.
Vacancy Details of IBPS PO Recruitment 2019:
- Total vacancy of IBPS PO released in the year 2019 – 4336. Aspirants can check the Bank/Category wise vacancies of 2019 here.
|S. No||Name of the Bank||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||UR||Total|
|2||Bank of India||158||58||11||89||583||899|
|3||Bank of Maharashtra||52||26||94||35||143||350|
|7||Oriental Bank of Commerce||48||22||79||29||122||300|
|9||Union Bank of India||114||53||159||65||253||644|
Vacancy Details of IBPS PO Recruitment 2018:
- Total vacancy of IBPS PO released in the year 2018 – 4252. Aspirants can check the Bank/Category wise vacancies of 2018 here.
|S. NO||Name of the Bank||SC||ST||OBC||UR||Total||HI||OC||VI||ID|
|2||Bank of India||144||72||260||489||965||9||9||9||9|
|5||Punjab & Sind Bank||20||12||52||66||150||45||8||28||5|
Vacancy Details of IBPS PO Recruitment 2017:
- Total vacancy of IBPS PO released in the year 2017 – 3562. Aspirants can check the Bank/Category wise vacancies of 2017 here.
|S. No||Bank Name||Total|
|3||Bank of India||200|
|4||Bank of Maharashtra||100|
|6||Central Bank of India||100|
|9||Union Bank of India||322|
Candidates should have the following age limit as on 1st August 2020.
|S. No||Minimum age||Maximum Age|
|1||20 years||30 years|
Age Relaxation for the year 2020-21 will be announced in the official PO notification as per government norms.
- Candidate should have completed a graduate degree (such as BA, BCom, BSc, B.Tech) from recognized university.
- Basic Computer Knowledge is required.
- Candidates must be proficient in the official language of the State/ UT in which they wish to apply.
The Selection for IBPS PO will be of three stages. Candidates will be qualified for the next level only when they clear the initial level.
- Online Preliminary Exam
- Online Mains Exam
- The test will be of bilingual, i.e. English and Hindi.
- All questions will be of objective type with five options.
- For each wrong answer there will be 0.25 marks detected from total marks.
- But unanswered questions will not carry any negative marks.
- There will be sectional as well as overall cut off.
Aspirants can take a look at IBPS PO Cut-Off 2020: Expected, Previous Year Cut-Off Marks.
|SC / ST / PWD Candidates||Rs.100/-|
Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India,
provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Participating Organisations of IBPS:
- BOB – Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- State Bank of India
- UCO Bank
How to Apply for IBPS PO Recruitment 2020:
- Candidates may apply online once the registration is started by clicking on the link www.ibps.in.
- Before applying the candidates must register using their active email id and mobile number.
- After registering, candidates may login and apply using their registration number and password.
- Candidates should fill all the details asked in the application form correctly as no correction is allowed after submitting the form.
- Candidates must upload scanned copy of their photograph, signature, thumb impression and hand written declaration in the prescribed format.
- After Clicking FINAL SUBMIT, candidates must pay their application fee through online mode only.
- Print Application form for future reference.
Important Link for IBPS PO Recruitment 2020:
|For Official Website||Click here|