Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC CDS-II Recruitment 2021 notification on 04/08/2021. Notification is out for 339 Vacancies for Combined Defence Services-II Examination. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online from 04/08/2021 to 24/08/2021. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fee structure and important dates on this page.
Name of the Post: Combined Defence Services Examination – II
Post Date: 04/08/2021
No of Vacancies: 339
Place: Across India
Important Dates for UPSC CDS-II Recruitment:
|Start Date of Online Application||04/08/2021|
|Last Date of Online Application||24/08/2021 till 6:00 PM|
|Online Applications can be withdrawn||31/08/2021 to 06/09/2021 till 6:00 PM|
|Last Date for Online Fee Payment||24/08/2021 (6:00 PM)|
|Last Date for Fee Payment by Cash||23/08/2021 (11:59 PM)|
Vacancy Details of UPSC CDS-II Recruitment:
|S. No||Name of the Course||No. of Posts|
|1||Indian Military Academy, Dehradun -153rd (DE) Course commencing in July, 2022[including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders]||100|
|2||Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – Course commencing in July, 2022 Executive Branch (General Service)/Hydro [including 03 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Naval Wing through NCC Special Entry ) holders ]||22|
|3||Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July, 2022 i.e. No. 212 F(P) Course [including 03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry]||32|
|4||Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)116th SSC (Men) (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in October, 2022||169|
|5||Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) 30th SSC Women (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in October, 2022||16|
|S. No||Rank||Pay Scale|
|3||Major||69,400 – 2,07,200|
|4||Lieutenant Colonel||1,21,200 – 2,12,400|
|8||Lieutenant General HAG Scale||182200 – 224100|
|9||HAG+Scale||2,05,400 – 2,24,400|
|10||VCOAS / Army Cdr / Lieutenant General (NFSG)||2,25,000|
|12||Military Service Pay (MSP) to the officers from the rank of
Lieutenant to Brigadier
|13||Stipend to Gentlemen or Lady Cadets during the entire duration of training in Service academies i.e. during training period at IMA and OTA.||56,100|
Age limit (as on 01/07/2022):
- IMA & Indian Naval Academy: Candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1998 and not later than 1st July, 2003.
- Air Force Academy: 20 to 24 Years (Candidates born not earlier than 02/07/1998 and not later than 01/07/2002.
|S. No||Minimum Age Limit||
Maximum Age Limit
|1||20 Years||24 years|
- Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
- I.M.A. and Officers Training Academy, Chennai: Candidates should have completed a Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Indian Naval Academy: Candidates should hold a Degree in Engineering from a recognized University / Institution.
- Air Force Academy: Candidates should hold a Degree from a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
The selection will be based on
- Written Exam
Candidates should pay using net banking or in any Branch of SBI by cash.
|S. No||Category||Application Fees|
|1||UR / OBC / Other||200/-|
|2||SC / ST / Female||Nil|
How to Apply for UPSC CDS Recruitment:
- Candidates should apply online by visiting the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in.
- Candidates should have a valid email-id and mobile number for registration.
- Complete the part-I and Part-II registration.
- Candidates must upload all the required documents.
- The Online Applications can be filled up from 04/08/2021 to 24/08/2021 till 6:00 PM.
- Candidates can pay either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of SBI.
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted application.
- The online Applications can be withdrawn from 24/11/2020 to 30/11/2020 till 6:00 PM.