Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC CDS-I Recruitment 2022 notification on 22/12/2021. Notification is out to fill 341 Vacancies in Combined Defence Services. Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2022 will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 10th April 2022. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online from 22/12/2021 to 11/01/2022. Candidates can check the detailed instructions and eligibility criteria in the below content. Candidates can also check the course wise vacancies on this page.
Name of the Post: Combined Defence Services Examination – I
Post Date: 22/12/2021
No of Vacancies: 341
Place: Across India
Important Dates for UPSC CDS-I 2022 Recruitment:
Aspirants can apply online by using the UPSC website upsconline.nic.in or by using the direct apply link given below. Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given at the bottom of the page. kindly follow the given instructions and apply online.
|Start Date to Apply Online||22/12/2021|
|Last Date to Apply Online||11/01/2022 till 6:00 PM|
|Online Applications can be withdrawn from||18/01/2022 to 24/01/2022 till 6:00 PM|
Vacancy Details of UPSC CDS-I 2022 Recruitment:
The approximate number of vacancies to be filled under Combined Defence Services is given in the tabular column. The below table contains the name of the course and the number of vacancies. Check vacancies here.
|S. No||Name of the Course||No. of Posts|
|1||Indian Military Academy, Dehradun -154th (DE) Course commencing in January 2023 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders]||100|
|2||Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – Course commencing in January 2023 Executive Branch (General Service)/Hydro [including 03 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Naval Wing through NCC Special Entry ) holders ]||22|
|3||Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in January 2023 i.e. No. 213 F(P) Course [including 03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry]||32|
|4||Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)117th SSC (Men) (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in October, 2022||170|
|5||Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) 30th SSC Women (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in October, 2022||17|
The pay scale of Army Officers and equivalent ranks in the Air Force and Navy are given below.
|S. No||Rank||Pay Scale|
|3||Major||69,400 – 2,07,200|
|4||Lieutenant Colonel||1,21,200 – 2,12,400|
|8||Lieutenant General HAG Scale||182200 – 224100|
|9||HAG+Scale||2,05,400 – 2,24,400|
|10||VCOAS / Army Cdr / Lieutenant General (NFSG)||2,25,000|
|12||Military Service Pay (MSP) to the officers from the rank of|
Lieutenant to Brigadier
|13||Stipend to Gentlemen or Lady Cadets during the entire duration of training in Service academies i.e. during training period at IMA and OTA.||56,100|
Candidates who have attained the following age limit are only eligible to apply for the post.
- IMA & Indian Naval Academy: Candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1998 and not later than 1st July, 2003.
- Air Force Academy: 20 to 24 Years as on 1st January 2023 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January 1999 and not later than 1st January 2003.
- Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
- I.M.A. and Officers Training Academy, Chennai: Candidates should have completed a Graduate Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Indian Naval Academy: Candidates should hold a Degree in Engineering from a recognized University / Institution.
- Air Force Academy: Candidates should hold a Degree from a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
The selection will be based on
- Written Exam
Candidates should pay the application fee by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using the net banking facility of the State Bank of India or by using Visa / Master / Rupay Credit / Debit Card. Female / SC / ST candidates are exempted from payment of fees.
|S. No||Category||Application Fees|
|1||UR / OBC / Other||200/-|
|2||SC / ST / Female||Nil|
How to Apply for UPSC CDS-I Recruitment 2022:
Candidates can apply online by visiting the UPSC official website by using the simple steps given below.
- Candidates should apply online by visiting the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in.
- Use a valid email-id and mobile number for registration.
- Complete the part-I and Part-II registration.
- Verify the same before submission.
- Candidates must upload all the required documents.
- The Online Applications can be filled up from 22/12/2021 to 11/01/2022 till 6:00 PM.
- Pay the application fees (instructions given above).
- Submit the Online Application.
- Take out a printout of the finally submitted application.