UPSC CDS Syllabus 2021: Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC CDS 2021 Syllabus. UPSC conducts CDS Exam to recruit candidates for the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Officers Training Academy and the Indian Air Force Academy. Candidates who are preparing for the Combined Defence Services Exam can check the complete CDS 2021 Syllabus here. We collected the CDS Syllabus & Exam Pattern and posted it here for easy reference of aspirants. So candidates can refer our page and download the latest UPSC CDS Syllabus.
UPSC CDS Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2021:
Aspirants should be aware of the updated exam pattern before starting their preparation. So candidates are advised to refer the exam pattern before viewing the syllabus. We have also listed the selection process of the UPSC CDS 2021 Exam.
UPSC CDS Exam selection involves 2 steps as follows
- Written Examination
- Intelligence and Personality Test
UPSC CDS Written Exam Pattern:
|For Admission to Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA) and Air Force Academy (IFA)||English||2 Hours||100|
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
|For Admission to Officers Training Academy||English||2 Hours||100|
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
- The total marks for the written exam is 500. 300 marks for the written test of IMA, INA and AFA, 200 for the written exam of OTA.
- The question paper will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
- The question papers (General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics) will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- Each section will be of 2 hours duration. Total 6 hours for IMA, INA & AFA and 4 hours for OTA.
- The standard of papers in English & General Knowledge will approximately be such as may be expected of a graduate of an Indian University.
UPSC CDS Written Exam Syllabus:
|English||Spotting Errors Questions|
|Sentence Arrangement Questions|
|Synonyms & Antonyms|
|Fill in the blanks questions|
|Idioms and Phrases|
|Ordering of words in a sentence|
|Ordering of sentences|
|Parts of Speech|
|General Knowledge||History of India|
The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be of Matriculation level.
|Algebra||Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M., Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns—analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.|
|Geometry||Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point, (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.|
|Mensuration||Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.|
|Statistics||Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.|
Intelligence & Personality Test:
Candidates who qualify in the written examination will be called for Intelligence and Personality Test.
- The Test consists of two stage selection process i.e. stage I and stage II.
- Only those candidates who clear stage I are permitted to appear for stage II.
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception and Description Test (PP&DT).
- The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days.