Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC JE Notification 2023 on 26/07/2023. The SSC JE recruitment notification will be out to recruit candidates as Junior Engineers in different Government Organizations. Totally 1324 vacancies have been released. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for the SSC JE post from 26/07/2023 to 16/08/2023. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fee structure and important dates in the below content. For more details regarding the Junior Engineer recruitment check the below article.
Name of the Post: Junior Engineer
Post Date: 26/07/2023
No of Vacancies: 1324
Place: Across India
Important Dates for SSC JE Notification 2023:
Applications must be filed online. Only online submission of applications is permitted. The table includes the date and time for the online application. Candidates must submit their applications before the deadline. Applications submitted after the deadline won’t be considered. 16th August will be the last date to apply.
|Start Date to Submit Online Application||26/07/2023|
|Last Date to Submit Online Application||16/08/2023|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||16/08/2023|
|Date of Window for Application Form Correction and online payment of Correction Charges.||17/08/2023 to 18/08/2023|
|Date of Computer Based Examination (Paper-I)||October 2023|
|Date of Paper-II Examination||Will be Notified|
Vacancy Details of SSC JE Notification 2023:
SSC has released 1324 vacancies for Junior Engineer Posts. Candidates can find the SSC JE 2023 Exam detailed vacancies below. The SSC JE competitive examination is conducted every year by the Staff Selection Commission to recruit candidates for Junior Engineer posts.
The below table lists the post name, department name and category wise vacancies.
|Name of Department||Post||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||UR||Total||OH||HH||Others|
|Border Roads Organization (For Male candidates only)||JE(C)||65||32||116||43||175||431||0||0||0|
|Border Roads Organization (For Male candidates only)||JE(E & M)||8||4||15||6||22||55||0||0||0|
|Central Public Works Department||JE(C)||78||35||82||32||194||421||6||6||5|
|Central Public Works Department||JE(E)||15||10||15||10||74||124||2||2||1|
|Central Water Commission||JE(C)||24||10||34||21||99||188||0||0||4|
|Central Water Commission||JE(M)||3||1||4||2||13||23||0||0||1|
|Department of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation (Brahmaputra Board)||JE(C)||Vacancies are to be intimated in due course.|
|Farakka Barrage Project||JE(C)||4||1||6||2||2||15||0||0||0|
|Farakka Barrage Project||JE(M)||0||0||2||0||4||6||0||0||0|
|Military Engineer Services||JE(C)||4||2||8||3||12||29||0||0||0|
|Military Engineer Services||JE(E & M)||3||1||5||2||7||18||0||0||0|
|Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (Andaman Lakshadweep Harbour Works)||JE(C)||0||0||0||0||7||7||0||0||0|
|Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (Andaman Lakshadweep Harbour Works)||JE(M)||0||0||0||0||1||1||0||0||0|
|National Technical Research Organization||JE(C)||1||0||1||–||2||4||0||0||0|
|National Technical Research Organization||JE(E)||1||0||0||0||0||1||0||0||0|
|National Technical Research Organization||JE(M)||0||0||0||0||1||1||0||0||0|
The table below shows the candidate’s monthly salaries. Candidates will be paid on a monthly basis according to the chart below. Check salary information here.
|S. No||Name of the Post||Level of Pay|
|1||Junior Engineer: Group ‘B’||35400 – 112400|
Age limit (01/08/2023):
Age limit for the posts of Junior Engineers in various Ministries/Departments/Organizations as on 01/08/2023. Candidates must be under the following age restriction. The age limit for the SSC JE Exam is given below.
|S. No||Post Name||Organization||Age Limit|
|1||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Border Road Organization (BRO)||30 Years|
|2||“Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical)”||Border Road Organization (BRO)||30 Years|
|3||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||32 Years|
|4||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Central Public Works Department (CPWD)||32 Years|
|5||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Department of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation (Brahmaputra Board)||30 Years|
|6||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Central Water Commission||30 Years|
|7||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Central Water Commission||30 Years|
|8||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Farakka Barrage Project||30 Years|
|9||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Farakka Barrage Project||30 Years|
|10||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Military Engineer Services (MES)||30 Years|
|11||“Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical)”||Military Engineer Services (MES)||30 Years|
|12||Junior Engineer (Civil)||National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||30 Years|
|13||Junior Engineer (Electrical)||National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||30 Years|
|14||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||National Technical Research Organization (NTRO)||30 Years|
|15||Junior Engineer (Civil)||Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (Andaman Lakshadweep Harbour Works)||30 Years|
|16||Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways (Andaman Lakshadweep Harbour Works)||30 Years|
The upper age limit has been relaxed for reserved categories. Check age relaxation here.
|S. No||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||SC / ST||05 years|
|3||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|4||PwD + OBC||13 years|
|5||PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years|
|7||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||03 years & 08 years (SC/ST)|
- Candidates should have completed Graduate Degree (B.E/B.Tech) or Diploma in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from a recognized University or Institute.
- Organization (BRO/MES): Two years of working experience in the respective field.
- Computer Based Examination – Paper-II
- Computer Based Examination – Paper-II
- Document Verification / Interview
Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan. Female candidates or candidates of Scheduled Caste (SC), a Scheduled Tribe (ST), or an Ex-Serviceman (ESM) are not required to pay a fee.
|SC / ST / Ex-servicemen / Women||Fee exemption for candidates of these categories|
Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- People of Indian Origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Afganistan, Kenya, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
How to Apply for SSC JE Recruitment 2023:
- Candidates may apply online by visiting the SSC official www.ssc.nic.in.
- On the Home Page Click ->New User? / Register Now.
- New User: Candidates must register themselves using their active email ID and Password.
- After registering, candidates may log in using their registration number and password.
- Users who have previously registered may log in & apply directly.
- The direct link to apply online is given below.
- Candidates must correctly fill out all of the information requested on the application form.
- No changes can be made after the form has been submitted.
- Photographs of the candidate must be uploaded in JPEG format.
- Candidates can pay their application fee online / generation of offline Challan / through Challan (during working hours of Bank).
- Read the payment instructions carefully and proceed with your payment.
- Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- Print the application form for future reference.