SSC Stenographer 2022: Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification on 20/08/2022. Notification is out to recruit candidates for the posts of Stenographer Grade C (Group B- Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade D (Group C- Non-Gazetted) under various Ministries / Departments / Organizations in the Government of India. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online from 20/08/2022 to 05/09/2022. In the content below, candidates can check information about the role, the vacancy, eligibility requirements, selection procedure, application method, fee structure. Applicants are asked to submit their online applications long before the deadline to avoid any technological issues.
Name of the Post: Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’
Post Date: 20/08/2022
No of Vacancies: To be Notified Soon
Place: Across India
Important Dates of SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification:
Applications must be filed online. Only online submission of applications is permitted. The table includes the date and time for the online application. Candidates must submit their applications before the deadline. Applications submitted after the deadline won’t be considered. 05th September will be the last date to apply.
|Start Date to Submit Online Application||20/08/2022|
|Last Date to Submit Online Application||05/09/2022 (2300 hours)|
|Last Date and Time for Online Fee Payment||06/09/2022 (2300 hours)|
|Last Date and Time for Generation of Offline Challan||05/09/2022 (2300 hours)|
|Last Date for Payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||06/09/2022|
|SSC Stenographer Exam Date 2022||November 2022|
|Date of Window for Application Form Correction and online payment of Correction Charges.||07/09/2022 (2300 hours)|
SSC Stenographer 2022 Vacancy:
Every year, the SSC posts a large number of vacancies for Stenographer Posts. When compared to the previous year’s vacancies, we can expect an increase in vacancies this year. The number of openings may grow, which is good news for applicants. The commission will soon notify candidates of the availability of stenographer Grades “C” and “D” for the year 2022. Aspirants can look through the previous year’s vacancies listed below.
SSC Stenographer Salary:
Candidates who join as SSC Stenographers in Grade C and Grade D will be paid according to government regulations. The SSC Grade C & Grade d Stenographer salary, pay band and basic pay are given in the table.
|SSC Stenographer Salary – Grade C|
|SSC Stenographer Pay Scale||9,300 – 34,800|
|Pay Band||4,200 or 4,600 (Pay Grade 2)|
|SSC Stenographer Basic Salary Grade C||14,500|
|SSC Stenographer Salary – Grade D|
|SSC Stenographer Pay Scale||5,200 – 20,200|
|Pay Band||2,400 (Pay grade 1)|
|SSC Stenographer Basic Salary Grade D||7,600|
SSC Stenographer Age limit:
Age limit for the posts of Stenographer Grade C and Stenographer Grade D in various Ministries/Departments/Organizations are given below. Candidates must be under the following age restriction. The age limit for the SSC Stenographer Exam is given below.
Stenographer Grade ‘C’: Candidates born not before 02/01/1992 and not later than 01/01/2004 are eligible to apply.
Stenographer Grade ‘D’: Candidates should have the following age limit as on 01/08/2020. Candidates born not before 02/01/1995 and not later than 01/01/2004 are eligible to apply.
|S. No||Name of the Post||Minimum age Limit||Maximum Age Limit|
|1||Stenographer Grade C||18||30|
|2||Stenographer Grade D||18||27|
The upper age limit for reserved categories has been relaxed. Check out age relaxation here.
|S. No||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||SC / ST||05 years|
|3||Persons with Disabilities: PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|4||PwD + OBC||13 years|
|5||PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years|
|7||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||03 years & 08 years (SC/ST)|
Educational Qualification (as on 05/09/2022):
The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- Only those candidates who have skills in Stenography are eligible to apply.
The stages of selection are as follows. Candidates can view the selection procedure and get ready as necessary.
- Online Exam (CBT: Computer Based Test)
- Skill Test
- Document Verification
Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan. Female candidates or candidates of Scheduled Caste (SC), a Scheduled Tribe (ST), or an Ex-Serviceman (ESM) are not required to pay a fee.
|SC / ST / Ex-servicemen / Women||Fee exemption for candidates of these categories|
Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- People of Indian Origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Afganistan, Kenya, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
How to Apply for SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2022:
Candidates may follow the simple steps below to apply for the SSC Stenographer 2022 Recruitment.
- Candidates may apply online by visiting the SSC official www.ssc.nic.in.
- On the Home Page Click ->New User? / Register Now.
- New User: Candidates must register themselves using their active email ID and Password.
- After registering, candidates may log in using their registration number and password.
- Users who have previously registered may log in & apply directly.
- The direct link to apply online is given below.
- Candidates must correctly fill out all of the information requested on the application form.
- No changes can be made after the form has been submitted.
- Photographs of the candidate must be uploaded in JPEG format.
- Candidates can pay their application fee online / generation of offline Challan / through Challan (during working hours of Bank).
- Read the payment instructions carefully and proceed with your payment.
- Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- Print the application form for future reference.
Previous Year Vacancy details of SSC Stenographer Recruitment:
Candidates can go through the previous year’s vacancy details in the below table.
- Total vacancy released in the year 2019-20 – 1705. Aspirants can check the grade wise vacancies of 2019 here.
|S. No||Post Name|
No of Vacancies
|1||SSC Stenographer Grade C Vacancy||429|
|2||SSC Stenographer Grade D Vacancy||1276|
- Total vacancy released in the year 2018-19 – 1464. Aspirants can check the category wise vacancies of 2018 here.
|S. No||Category||Grade C Vacancy|
Grade D Vacancy
- Total vacancy released in the year 2017-18 – 1473. Aspirants can check the grade wise vacancies of 2017 here.
|S. No||Post Name|
No of Vacancies
|1||SSC Stenographer Grade C Vacancy||39|
|2||SSC Stenographer Grade D Vacancy||1434|