SSC Stenographer 2020: Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC Stenographer Notification 2020 on 10/10/2020. Notification is out to recruit candidates for the posts of Stenographer Grade C and D under various Ministries / Departments / Organizations in the Government of India. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online from 10/10/2020 to 04/11/2020. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fee structure and important dates in the below content.
Name of the Post: Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’
Post Date: 10/10/2020
No of Vacancies: To be Notified Soon
Place: Across India
Important Dates of SSC Stenographer Notification 2020:
|Start Date to Submit Online Application||10/10/2020|
|Last Date to Submit Online Application||04/11/2020|
|Last date and time for making online fee payment||06/11/2020|
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan||08/11/2020|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)||10/11/2020|
|Date of Computer Based Examination||29/03/2021 to 31/03/2021|
Vacancy details of SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2020:
SSC releases a large number of vacancies every year. Comparing the vacancies of previous years we can note that there will be an increase in the vacancies this year. Candidates can hope for an increase in the vacancy. Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ vacancy for the year 2020 will be notified soon by the commission. Aspirants can go through the previous year’s vacancies mentioned below.
Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’: Candidates should have the following age limit as on 01/08/2020. Candidates born not before 02/08/1990 and not later than 01/08/2002 are eligible to apply.
|S. No||Name of the Post||Minimum age Limit||Maximum Age Limit|
|1||Stenographer Grade C||18||30|
|2||Stenographer Grade D||18||27|
|S. No||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||SC / ST||05 years|
|3||Persons with Disabilities: PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|4||PwD + OBC||13 years|
|5||PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years|
|7||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||03 years & 08 years (SC/ST)|
The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University on or before 01/08/2020.
- Only those candidates who have skills in stenography are eligible to apply.
- Online Exam (CBT: Computer Based Test)
- Skill Test
- Document Verification
|SC / ST / Ex-servicemen / Women||Fee exemption for candidates of these categories|
Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- People of Indian Origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Afganistan, Kenya, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
How to Apply for SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2020:
- Candidates may apply online by clicking on the SSC official website www.ssc.nic.in.
- Candidates must register themselves using their active email ID and Password.
- After registering, candidates may log in & apply. Existing users can directly login and apply.
- Candidates should fill all the details asked in the application form correctly as no correction is allowed after submitting the form.
- Photograph of the candidate must be uploaded in the JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB).
- Candidates can pay their application fee through online / generation of offline Challan / through Challan (during working hours of Bank).
- Read the payment instructions carefully and proceed with your payment.
- Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- Print Application form for future reference.
Important Link for SSC Stenographer Notification 2020:
|To Apply Online||Click here|
|For Stenographer Official Notification 2020||Click here|
|For Official Website||Click here|
Previous Year Vacancy details of SSC Stenographer Recruitment:
Candidates can go through the previous year’s vacancy details in the below table.
- Total vacancy released in the year 2019-20 – 1705. Aspirants can check the grade wise vacancies of 2019 here.
|S. No||Post Name||
No of Vacancies
|1||SSC Stenographer Grade C Vacancy||429|
|2||SSC Stenographer Grade D Vacancy||1276|
- Total vacancy released in the year 2018-19 – 1464. Aspirants can check the category wise vacancies of 2018 here.
|S. No||Category||Grade C Vacancy||
Grade D Vacancy
- Total vacancy released in the year 2017-18 – 1473. Aspirants can check the grade wise vacancies of 2017 here.
|S. No||Post Name||
No of Vacancies
|1||SSC Stenographer Grade C Vacancy||39|
|2||SSC Stenographer Grade D Vacancy||1434|