SSC Stenographer 2019-2020: The Staff Selection Commission releases Stenographer recruitment notification every year to recruit candidates for Grade C and D posts. The SSC Stenographer 2019-20 exam was to be conducted from 05/05/2020 to 07/05/2020 has been postponed due to the outbreak of COVID-19. The new exam dates have been released by the Commission for stenographer 2019-20 recruitment. This will be a great opportunity for candidates who are aspiring to work in the Government sector. Candidates can go through this article for detailed information about the Stenographer recruitment process.
Important Dates of SSC Stenographer Notification 2020:
|Starting Date for Submission of Application||20/09/2019|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||18/10/2019|
|SSC Stenographer Exam Date||10/09/2020 – 12/09/2020|
Vacancy details of SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2020:
SSC releases a large number of vacancies every year. Comparing the vacancies of previous years we can note that there will be an increase in the vacancies this year. Candidates can hope for an increase in the vacancy. The Stenographer vacancies for the year 2019-20 will be announced by the SSC soon. Candidates can go through the previous year’s vacancy details in the below table.
- Total vacancy released in the year 2018-19 – 1464. Aspirants can check the category wise vacancies of 2018 here.
|S. No||Category||Grade C Vacancy||
Grade D Vacancy
- Total vacancy released in the year 2017-18 – 1473. Aspirants can check the category wise vacancies of 2017 here.
|S. No||Post Name||
No of Vacancies
|1||SSC Stenographer Grade C Vacancy||39|
|2||SSC Stenographer Grade D Vacancy||1434|
Candidates should have the following age limit as on 01/01/2020.
|S. No||Name of the Post||Minimum age Limit||Maximum Age Limit|
|1||Stenographer Grade C||18||30|
|2||Stenographer Grade D||18||27|
The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- Online Exam
- Skill Test
- Document Verification
|SC/ST/Ex-servicemen/Women||Fee exemption for candidates of these categories|
Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either –
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- People of Indian Origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Afganistan, Kenya, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
How to Apply for SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2020:
- Candidates may apply online by clicking on the SSC official website www.ssc.nic.in.
- Before applying the candidates should register themselves. Existing users can directly login and apply.
- After registering, candidates may log in & apply using their registration number and password.
- Candidates should fill all the details asked in the application form correctly as no correction is allowed after submitting the form.
- Candidates must pay their application fee through online mode only.
- Read the payment instructions carefully and proceed with your payment.
- Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- Print Application form for future reference.