Union Public Service Commission Indian Forest Service has announced the UPSC IFS 2023 Notification on 01/02/2023. Notification is out for 150 Vacancies in Indian Forest Service. Candidates who wish to apply for the exam can fill up and submit the application form on time. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online from 01/02/2023 to 21/02/2023. Candidates waiting for the UPSC IFS 2023 notification can apply online using the given online application link. Also view the eligibility criteria, selection process and vacancy details in the below content. Indian Forest Service (Preliminary) Examination is scheduled on 28th May 2023.
Name of the Post: Indian Forest Service Exam
Post Date: 01/02/2023
No of Vacancies: 150
Place: Across India
Important Dates for UPSC IFS 2023 Exam:
Applications must be submitted online only. Online application date and time are given in the below table. Candidates must submit the application on or before the last date. Applications will not be accepted after the last date.
|Start Date to Apply Online||01/02/2023|
|Last Date to Apply Online||21/02/2023 at 06:00 PM|
|Dates for Preliminary Exam||28/05/2023|
Vacancy Details of UPSC IFS 2023 Notification:
The number of vacancies to be filled through the UPSC Indian Forest Service 2023 examination is approximately 150 Posts.
|S. No||Name of the Posts||No. of Posts|
|1||Indian Forest Service||150|
UPSC IFS Age limit:
The age limit for the Indian Forest Service Examination 2023 is given below.
- The age limit of the candidates should be between 21 to 32 years as on 01/08/2023.
- Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/08/1991 and not later than 01/08/2002.
Relaxation in the upper age limit for different categories such as SC, ST, OBC, PWD is as under.
|S. No||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||Schedule Cast/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||05 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||03 years|
|3||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|4||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC||13 years|
|5||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC / ST||15 years|
UPSC IFS 2023 Educational Qualification:
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
UPSC IFS Selection Process:
The selection will be based on the following stages
- Preliminary Examination (Objective type)
- Main Examination (Written)
UPSC IFS Application Fee:
Candidates must pay the application fee online / offline.
- Candidates pay online by using Visa / Master / RuPay Credit / Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
- “Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 11.59 P.M. of 20th February 2023 and the online payment mode will be closed on 21st February 2023.
|S. No||Category||Application Fees|
|1||UR / OBC||100 /-|
|2||SC / ST / PwBD / Female||Nil|
How to Apply for UPSC IFS 2023 Exam:
- Candidates can apply Online by visiting the official UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in.
- Click -> Exam Notification -> Apply Online.
- The online application form contains two-stage viz. Part I and Part II and Candidates are required to complete both.
- Part-I – Register using a valid and active Email Id for registration.
- The Online Applications (Part I and II) can be filled up to 21st Feb 2023 till 6:00 PM.
- Part-II – Log in using the resister number, Password & Fill out the online application.
- Candidates should upload the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Documents: photo ID viz. Aadhar Card / Voter Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving License / School Photo ID / Any other photo ID Card issued by the State / Central Government.
- Candidates must pay the application fee (methods given above).
- Submit the application.
- Take a printout of the finally submitted application.