Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exam.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
Click here to try Current Affairs March 29 Quiz 2016
46 countries to participate in Defence Expo
Goa is likely to witness the participation of 46 countries in the Defence expo. The ninth defence expo of Naval and Internal Homeland Security Systems Exhibition, will be held at Naqueri Quitol in Quepem taluka of South Goa from March 28-31, 2016
- 977 companies and 46 countries have registered for participating in the Expo
- Participating Countries – USA, Russia, Sweden, Republic of Korea, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates and Portugal
Government Constitutes the Board of Trade
The government has reconstituted the Board of trade headed by the commerce minister.
- Board of Trade- It is a advisory body consisting of representatives from Industries headed by the Commerce Minister
- The board is reconstituted as per the provisions of Foreign Trade Policy Statement 2015-2020
- The first meeting will be held on April,6
Madhya Pradesh to join National Agri Market platform
Madhya Pradesh all set to join the recently-announced National Agriculture Market (NAM) platform, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to launch it from the stat on April 14 to mark B R Ambedkar’s birth anniversary.
- Initially, the state government would include only one commodity chana (gram) for e-auction through the NAM platform.
- The Union government has decided to release Rs 15 crore for all 50 mandis to equip them with online support system, software, hardware, and grading of farm yield.
Haryana Becomes 1st To Launch Injectable Contraceptive
A unique Project named by Salamati has been launched by the Haryana Govt for the first time ever in order to maintain a healthy balance between the births of children by using injectable contraceptive.
- The objective is to check high mother and infant mortality rate
- It is being implemented by the State Government with the assistance of Pathfinder International.
Gujarat To Set Up Nation’s First Organic Farming University
Gujarat is going to be the first state to set up a University exclusively focussed Organic Farming.
Objective – To help farmers in switching to unconventional methods of farming.
- A fund of Rs 10 crore has been earmarked towards the university in the annual 2016-17 budget.
- The place may be chosen near to agriculture Kamdhenu University in Gandhinagar district.
Govt notifies Aadhaar Act
Unoin government has notified the new Aadhaar Act, 2016 which gives the numbers assigned by it a statutory backing for transfer of subsidies and benefits to people eligible for them.
- Both central and state government can use Aadhaar for disbursal for benefits and subsidies. However the Aadhaar number cannot be used as a proof of citizenship or domicile.
Aadhar Enrolement in India:
- A staggering 99,64,18,586 is the total number of Aadhaars issued as on date.
- Around 92% of India’s adult population above 18 years has acquired valid Aadhaar numbers as the significant landmark enhancing the case for linking the unique identity scheme to disbursal of benefits under welfare programmes run by the Centre and states.
Telengana passed bill for hike in salary
The Chandrasekhar Rao headed Telengana government has passed the bill unanimously for hike in salary of MLA’s and MLC’s.
- The Telangana Payment of Salaries and Pensions and Removal of Disqualifications(Amendment) Bill-2016 was passed, as per a recommendation of the Committee on Amenities of the Telangana Legislature which met on March 21.
- This hike will cause an added expenditure of 97 crores for the telengana government
- Telengana CM- Chandrasekhar Rao
- Legislative Minister-Harish Rao
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI announces private placement of securities under UDAY scheme
The Banking regulator RBI had announced the private placement of securities for UDAY scheme adding further boost to the scheme.
- In this scheme, Centre allows state governments, which own discoms, to take over 75% of debt as of September 30, 2015 in 2 years and pay back lenders by selling bonds. For the remaining 25% dues, discoms have been allowed to issue bonds.
- RBI has asked the interested market participants to subscribe for securities before March 30
Bharat Bank ties up with Chillr to make payments easier
Mumbai based Bharat Bank customers now will be able to use Chill app services, a lender from the co-operative space, will be able to instantly transfer money to anyone in their phonebooks.
- Chillr is the fastest and easiest way to send money between bank accounts and works even on bank holidays.
- Mobile-based payment app Chillr is multi-bankmobile banking app that lets users send and receive money to/from anyone in their phone book.
- Currently Chillr has tied up with HDFC Bank Bank of Baroda Andhra Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank and Bharat Bank.
First director container to Bangladesh
India is consistently looking to strengthen the ties with its neighbouring Nations. Many agreements were signed between India and Bangladesh including the transmission line, road agreement etc. Now, the First MV 1 Harbour vessel will be sent to Bangladesh.
- The first direct container MV Harbour-1 Vessel between India and Bangladesh carrying cotton was flagged off from Krishnapatnam of Andhra Pradesh to Chittagong
Tata Power SED inks MoU with Cranfield University for R&D
Tata Power Strategic Engineering is involved in cutting edge technology for the armed forces and Cranfield University have signed an agreement to explore possibility of entering into a strategic partnership through research and development (R&D).
- A strategic partnership through research and development and academic study in the areas of defence related engineering and emerging technologies
Areas of cooperation:
- Large System of Systems
- MoDAF for Software Systems,
- Military vehicles(both Combat & Launcher vehicles).
Snapdeal’s FreeCharge Partners With Payment Gateway CCAvenue
- FreeCharge a wholly -owned subsidiary of snapdeal has partnered with a payment gateway CCAvenue to strengthen its offline offerings, as it gains access to over one lakh online merchants across sectors like hospitality, retail and education.
- It also plans to allow merchants to upgrade their payment limits of Rs 1,00,000 with necessary KYC verification.
- CCAvenue is a payment gateway service provider offering real-time, multi-currency payment solutions to businesses in hospitality, education, online retail and other major industry verticals.
- It is authorized as a Master Merchant, by Indian financial institutions, to appoint Sub Merchants, to accept and validate Internet payments via Credit Card, and Net banking facilities from the Sub Merchant’s (your) customers in real-time.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
P.Susheela enters into Guiness book of Records
The famous playback singer P.Susheela enters into the Guiness world book of records for singing highest number of songs .
- She holds title for the highest number of solo, duet and chorus backed songs in over six Indian languages
- As per the official records, she has sung 17,695 solo, duet and chorus backed songs as on January 28, 2016
Pallavi enters Limca book of records for crossing Mana pass
Pallavi Fauzdar , a 35 year old housewife from Agra has entered the of records for crossing the Mana pass as a solo motorcyclist.
- She has become the first women motorcyclist to cross the Mana Pass which is the world’s highest motorable mountain pass.
- Pallavi who is married to an Army officer is passionate about Motorcycling
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Rakesh Mohan joins Nestle India Board
- Former RBI Deputy Governor Rakesh Mohan will join its board as an independent director in Nestle India.
- Mohan’s would come on Nestle India’s board from May 1, 2016, as an Independent Non-Executive Director.
- Nestle is aSwiss transnational food and beverage company headquartered in, Switzerland. It is the largest food company in the world measured by revenues
- Rakesh Mohanis an Indian economist and former Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India.
- He is the Vice Chairperson of Indian Institute for Human Settlements.
- He was appointed in November 2012 as an Executive Director of the IMF for a three-year term.
Zaheer Khan appointed Captain of Delhi Daredevils for 2016 IPL season
India’s best left-arm pace bowler ever, Zaheer Khan was appointed captain of Delhi Daredevils for the upcoming ninth edition of Indian Premier League.
- He is presently involved as an analyst with the host broadcaster of the ICC World T20 and had at the time of his retirement said that the 2016 edition of the IPL would be his last one.
- He retired from the international game with 311 wickets in 92 Tests and 282 wickets in 200 ODIs and played a key role in India’s 50-over World Cup triumph at home in 2011.
- In his overall IPL career, he has picked up 82 scalps in 77 games at an economy of 7.53.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ISRO to create history by launching 22 satellites in single Mission
India’s Space pioneer ISRO has been creating records and making achievements in all its missions. It is set to launch 22 satellites in Single mission and create new history.
- ISRO is planning to launch 22 satellites in its upcoming mission that includes micro and nano satellites from other nations
- NASA holds the record for launching 29 satellites in a single mission in 2013
‘112’ to soon become single number for all emergency service
India Government is in process to adopt 112 as the national emergency number against at present, a person dials 100, 101, 102 and 108 for police, fire brigade, ambulance and emergency disaster management, respectively
- When the move comes into force the people will have to dial just a single number ‘112’ for help during any type of emergency situations.
- All existing emergency numbers will be phased out within a year of rolling out 112, depending upon the awareness about this new facility. The move would be similar to the ‘911’ all-in-one emergency service in the US.
Volcano erupts in South Alaska
Pavlof Volcano, one of the most active volcanoes in the heart of Alaska region erupted.
- The volcano in the 8,261-foot mountain erupted about 4 p.m. Sunday, spitting out an ash cloud that rose to 20,000 feet.
- Alaska Volcano Observatory, along with the University of Alaska and the state Division of Geological and Geophysical Surveys observed the eruption
- However the eruption of the volcano began to decline by Monday afternoon and so the alert was reduced to ‘Watch’ stage
- The volcano, about 4 miles in diameter, has had 40 known eruptions
Virat Kohli zooms to top in ICC T20 rankings, India also No.1
Indian Test Captain Virat Kohli kept his Performance at the top helped his side into the semifinals of the World Twenty20 after defeating Australia, has replaced Aaron Finch as the number one batsman in the latest ICC T20 rankings.
- Number-one ranked India will go head to head with third- ranked West Indies in Mumbai , while in the first semi-final in Delhi while second-ranked New Zealand will square-off against fifth-ranked England.
Sergey Karjakin won 2016 World Chess Candidates Tournament
Ukraine born Russian grandmaster Sergey Karjakin, won the FIDE World Chess Candidates Tournament held in Moscow.
- The Russian triumphed over the United States’ Fabiano Caruana, whom he played in the last round. Karjakin scored 8.5/14 to finish first in the eight-player tournament.
- Russian Grandmaster Sergey Karjakin has wonthrilling Moscow cliffhanger to challenge for world title against the incumbent world champion, Norwegian Grandmaster Magnus Carlsen, in a match for the world chess crown in the United States in November this year.
Jim Carrison Passed Away
Veteran lyricist, Poet, Essayist and Novel writer Jim Harrison passed aay at the age of 78 following cardiac arrest.
- His famous novel “Legends of the fall” in 1979 describes about a Montana family that was ravaged in worldwar-I was a huge hit
- He has released 21 volumes of fiction, 14 books of poetry, two books of essays; one memoir and a child book
- His most recent book of fiction, “The Ancient Minstrel,” was published this month. A book of poetry, “Dead Man’s Float,” was published this year