Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs March 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- How many countries are going to participate in the Defence expo to be held at Goa?
d) 30Answer: a) 46
Explanation: Goa is likely to witness the participation of 46 countries in the Defence expo. The ninth defence expo of Naval and Internal Homeland Security Systems Exhibition, will be held at Naqueri Quitol in Quepem taluka of South Goa from March 28-31, 2016
- The Union Government has reconstituted the Board of trade which will devise the Export policies. The first meeting of the board will be conducted on
a) April 10
b) April 7
c) April 8
d) April 6Answer: d) April 6
Explanation: The government has reconstituted the Board of trade headed by the commerce minister. The board is reconstituted as per the provisions of Foreign Trade Policy Statement 2015-2020.The first meeting will be held on April,6.
- Which state is likely to join the National Agri-Market platform to be launched on April, 14?
b) Madhya Pradesh
d) OdishaAnswer: b) Madhya Pradesh
Explanation: Madhya Pradesh all set to join the recently-announced National Agriculture Market (NAM) platform, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to launch it from the stat on April 14.
- A unique project for injecting contraceptive ‘Salamati’ has been launched for First time in which state?
a) Himachal Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) HaryanaAnswer: d) Haryana
Explanation: A unique Project named by Salamati has been launched by the Haryana Govt for the first time ever in order to maintain a healthy balance between the births of children by using injectable contraceptive
- Which state has proposed to set up the first organic farming university?
d) SikkimAnswer: a) Gujarat
Explanation: Gujarat is going to be the first state to set up a University exclusively focused Organic Farming. The place may be chosen near to agriculture Kamdhenu University in Gandhinagar district.
- Which state has passed a bill in its assembly that proposes a hike in salary of the MLA’s and MLC’s?
c) Jammu & Kashmir
d) TelenganaAnswer: d) Telengana
Explanation: The Chandrasekhar Rao headed Telengana government has passed the bill unanimously for hike in salary of MLA’s and MLC’s.
- The RBI has announced the private placement of securities to support which of the following schemes?
d) UJALAAnswer: c) UDAY
Explanation: The Banking regulator RBI had announced the private placement of securities for UDAY scheme adding further boost to the scheme.
- RBI has announced the private placement of securities. What is the deadline fixed for subscribing to the scheme?
a) March 30, 2016
b) March 31, 2016
c) April 1, 2016
d) April 30, 2016Answer: a) March 30, 2016
Explanation: The Banking regulator RBI had announced the private placement of securities for UDAY scheme adding further boost to the scheme. It has asked the interested market participants to subscribe for securities before March 30, 2016.
- Which of the following Banks has tie up with Chillr app to enable fast transfer of payment?
a) Bharat Bank
b) South Asia Bank
c) Tamilnadu Mercantile Bank
d) Yes BankAnswer: a) Bharat Bank
Explanation: Mumbai based Bharat Bank customers now will be able to use Chill app services, a lender from the co-operative space, will be able to instantly transfer money to anyone in their phonebooks.
- Name the first direct container vessel between India and Bangladesh that was flagged off from Krishnapatnam of Andhra Pradesh to Chittagong on 28 March 2016.
a) MV Harbour-1 Vessel
b) Al Piranpir
c) Calypso Fortune
d) Catamaran AjantaAnswer: a) MV Harbour-1 Vessel
Explanation: The first direct container MV Harbour-1 Vessel between India and Bangladesh carrying cotton was flagged off from Krishnapatnam of Andhra Pradesh to Chittagong.
- Which veteran singer has entered into the Guiness book of world Records for singing the maximum number of songs?
a) S P Balasubramanian
b) S. Janaki
c) P. Susheela
d) Shankar MahadevanAnswer: c) P Susheela
Explanation: The famous playback singer P.Susheela enters into the Guiness world book of records for singing highest number of songs. As per the official records, she has sung 17,695 solo, duet and chorus backed songs as on January 28, 2016.
- ISRO is set to create new history by launching how many satellites in single mission in May?
d) 12Answer: b) 22
Explanation: India’s Space pioneer ISRO has been creating records and making achievements in all its missions. It is set to launch 22 satellites in Single mission and create new history.
- Name the Russian grandmaster who on 28 March 2016 won the FIDE World Chess Candidates Tournament.
a) Garry Kasparov
b) Vladislav Artemiev
c) Sergey Karjakin
d) Daniil DubovAnswer: C) Sergey Karjkin
Explanation: Ukraine born Russian grandmaster Sergey Karjakin, won the FIDE World Chess Candidates Tournament held in Moscow
- Which number was approved as the single emergency number for India by the Telecom Commission on 28 March 2016?
d) 900Answer: b) 112
Explanation: India Government is in process to adopt 112 as the national emergency number against at present, a person dials 100, 101, 102 and 108 for police, fire brigade, ambulance and emergency disaster management, respectively
- Who topped the T20 rankings released by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in March 2016?
a) Glenn Maxwell
b) Virat Kohli
c) Aaron Finch
d) A B de VilliersAnswer: b) Virat Kohli
Explanation: Indian Test Captain Virat Kohli kept his Performance at the top helped his side into the semifinals of the World Twenty20 after defeating Australia, has replaced Aaron Finch as the number one batsman in the latest ICC T20 rankings