Current Affairs Today with Latest current affairs today 2022 Quiz for preparation of Bank Exam – PO & clerk, SSC, Railways & Insurance. Our Today Current Affairs 2022 page covers various sections like National current affairs today 2022, business & economy, Indian and International affairs 2022, defense, environment current affairs, persons and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Current Affairs 2022 PDF Plan Features:
- 90 PDF’s Per Month (Same Content in Different Format)
- Suitable for Banking, SSC, Railways, Insurance, CLAT, CAT, PSC, UPSC Examinations
- 2022 Plan includes Daily PDF(Content & Q&A), Weekly PDF, Monthly PDF –Study, Q&A(Q500+), Pocket PDF, Hindi PDF, Topic-Wise PDF & Current Banking Awareness PDF.
AffairsCloud Today (Current Affairs Today)
We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 2 December 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs December 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
41st edition of India International Trade Fair held in New Delhi, Delhi – November 14 – 27, 2022Union Minister Piyush Goyal, Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI), inaugurated the 41st edition of the India International Trade Fair (IITF) at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi, Delhi, on November 14, 2022.
- The theme of the IITF 2022 is “Vocal for Local, Local to Global” and was held from November 14 – 27, 2022.
The 14-day mega-event took on added significance as it coincided with the “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav” celebrations.
India International Trade Fair (IITF) (41st edition) – 2022
i.The partner states of IITF 2022 are Bihar, Jharkhand, and Maharashtra, whereas the focus states are Uttar Pradesh and Kerala.
ii.IITF 2022 featured exhibitors from 29 States/Union Territories (UTs), with Leh (Ladakh) participating for the first time this year.
iii.At the 41st India International Trade Fair in 2022, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW) pavilion was awarded for its “Outstanding Contribution Towards Public Communication and Outreach.”
About the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI):
Union Minister – Piyush Goyal (Rajya Sabha – Maharashtra)
Ministers of State (MoS) – Anupriya Patel; Som Parkash
>> Read Full News
23rd Hornbill Festival begins in Nagaland The Hornbill Festival, the biggest and most important festival in Northeast India, is annually observed from 1st – 10th December at the Naga Heritage Village of Kisama located at a distance of 12 km from Kohima, in Nagaland.
- 2022 marks the 23rd edition of the Hornbill Festival.
- Jagdeep Dhankhar, Vice President of India, graced the inaugural day of the festival as the Chief Guest.
- It is the main celebration of the Naga Warrior Tribes and is generally observed for 10 days.
- Nagaland also celebrated its 60th Statehood Day on the inaugural day of 23rd Hornbill Festival 2022.
i. The 1st Hornbill festival was held in December 2000. This festival is organized by the Government of Nagaland.
ii. The festival derives its name from the bird named Hornbill. It is called the festival of festivals.
i. The festival is observed to encourage inter-tribal collaboration and to promote the cultural heritage of Nagaland.
ii. It aims to revive and protect the rich culture of Nagaland and display its extravaganza and traditions.
Hornbill Festival 2022:
i. In Kisama, 132 stalls were set up, 100 of which were taken by Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSME) and 32 were temporary.
ii. Along with the daily cultural events, this 10-day festival will feature a variety of other events, such as the Hornbill Music Festival, Photo Fest, Fashion Shows, Adventure Sports, Night Carnival, Hortiscape, etc.
iii. Tribes from all around Nagaland come to this highly popularised event dressed in breathtaking and magnificent finery.
Chief Minister- Neiphiu Rio
Governor- Jagdish Mukhi
National Park- Intanki National Park (Peren, Nagaland)
First-ever Tribal Winter Festival held in Jammu and KashmirOn 30th November 2022, Jammu and Kashmir’s Bandipora hosted the 1st-ever Tribal Winter Festival of Kashmir Valley which was held at Ketson village in the Aloosa area of North Kashmir’s Bandipora district.
- District administration Bandipora, in collaboration with the Department of Tourism and Tribal Affairs, Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA), Government of India (GoI), organised a one-day Tribal Winter Festival.
- The festival was inaugurated by the Deputy Commissioner of Bandipora, Dr Owais Ahmad.
The festival aims to educate people about homestays, horseback riding, hotel management, etc.
Tribal Winter Festival:
i. Dr Owais Ahmad highlighted the role of various government-sponsored, public-oriented schemes in raising the standard of living for people.
ii. The festival witnessed music, dance, and cultural events that fascinated the people.
iii. People from the Kashmiri community, Gujjars and Bakerwals danced together to the beats of dhol (drum) in a special demonstration of cultural unity in diversity.
iv. The 2 tribal communities performed the ‘gatka’, portraying the fighting spirit of the Gujjars amid all geographic, social and political odds.
v. School children also performed a skit that highlighted the negative effects of drug abuse.
About Jammu & Kashmir (J&K):
Governor- Manoj Sinha
Wildlife Sanctuary- Nandini Wildlife Sanctuary; Hirpora Wildlife Sanctuary
Airports- Jammu airport; Satwari Airport
India to receive over record $100 bn in Remittances in 2022: World Bank Briefi.The World Bank in its 37th Migration and Development Brief 2022 titled ‘Remittances Brave Global Headwinds, Special Focus: Climate Migration’ stated that India is all set to receive more than USD 100 bn in yearly remittances in 2022.
ii.This means migrant workers from India will send a record USD 100 bn in 2022 to their home country (India), despite global headwinds like rising prices.
iii.This is for the first time a single country will receive more than USD 100 bn in yearly remittances.
iv.India remains the world’s top recipient of remittances.
v.The growth of global remittance flows is expected to be 4.9% in 2022.
vi.Remittance flows to India will rise 12% which is ahead of China, Mexico and the Philippines.
About World Bank (WB):
President – David Malpass
Headquarters – Washington D.C, United States (US)
Members – 189 member countries
>> Read Full News
World Bank Report: Over 160-200 Million Indians Could Be Exposed to Lethal Heat Waves Annually According to the World Bank (WB) Report titled “Climate Investment Opportunities in India’s Cooling Sector,” India is experiencing increasing temperatures every year, and by 2030, over 160-200 million people across the country could be subjected to severe heat waves every year.
- Due to productivity declines brought on by heat stress, 34 million people in India would lose their jobs.
Impacts of Heat Stress
i.Food loss due to heat during transportation currently costs close to USD 13 billion per year.
ii.There will be a need for a new air conditioner every 15 seconds by 2037 and hence the demand for cooling is projected to be 8 times more than it is in 2022.
India’s Initiatives for Assisting People in Adapting to Rising Temperatures
i.The India Cooling Action Plan (ICAP) was launched in 2019 by the Ministry of Environment, Forests, and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) to provide sustainable cooling solutions across various sectors.
ii.The ICAP gives a 20-year outlook (2017-18 to 2037-38) and recommendations to address cooling needs across sectors.
About the World Bank (WB):
President (WB Group) – David Malpass
Headquarters – Washington D.C, United States (US)
>> Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI: Authorises TMBL to Undertake Government Business; Modifies Digital Lending Norms Effective from 1st December
On 30th November 2022 Reserve Bank of India (RBI) authorised Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited (TMBL) to undertake government business on behalf of RBI.
- An agreement appointing TMBL as an ‘agency bank’ of RBI to undertake government agency business was signed by the bank and RBI in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
RBI’s Modifies Digital Lending Norms Effective from 1st December
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) modified guidelines on digital lending that was issued in September 2022 to protect customers from exorbitant interest rates by certain entities and also check unethical loan recovery practices, effective from 1st December 2022.
- Under the new norms, all loan disbursals and repayments are required to be executed only between the bank accounts of borrower and the regulated entities such as banks and Non-banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) without any pass-through/ pool account of the Lending Service Providers (LSPs).
SEBI Reduces Timeline for Listing Debt Securities Issued On Private Placement BasisIn an attempt to enhance the availability of securities for trading by investors, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) reduced the timeline for the listing of debt securities issued through private placement to T+3 days from the current timeline of T+4 days. (T refers to issue closure date).
- The new guidelines will take effect on January 1, 2023.
Click here for official notification.
i.To give further clarity and standardisation in the process of issuing and listing such securities on a private placement basis, SEBI has specified the steps involved in pre-listing and post-listing, as well as relevant deadlines, both through the Electronic Book Provider (EBP) platform and otherwise.
- The time required for the listing of such securities following the closure of the issuance has been lowered from 4 working days to 3 working days.
ii.The EBP mechanism requires that an issuer who intends to list non-convertible securities or municipal debt securities obtain in-principle approval from the stock exchange prior to the date on which the placement memorandum and term sheet are presented to the EBP.
- For such approval, it has set a timeline of T-2 or T-5 days under the EBP platform, but the same would be done before T day under the non-EBP platform.
iii.The issuer would have to announce the start and close times of EBP platform on or before T-1, and then the bidding would take place on T day.
iv.Following that, the issuer must obtain the International Securities Identification Number (ISIN) from a depository prior to pay-in and apply to another depository for admission of such proposed debt issuance by T+1.
v.The depositories will send the issuer a credit confirmation letter on or before T+1 or T+2, and the issuer must apply for debt securities listing by T+3.
India & South Korea Signs Agreement for EDCF Loan worth 1500 CroreOn 30th November 2022 India and South Korea signed an agreement for an Economic Development Cooperation Fund (EDCF) loan of Korean Won 245.081 billion (approx. Rs. 1,495.68 crores) for the establishment of an Intelligent Transport System on the Nagpur-Mumbai Super Communication Expressway Project with a goal to improve traffic management efficiency.
- This is the first project that is funded by an EDCF loan by the Government of the Republic of Korea.
i.To enhance the efficiency in traffic management through establishment of the Intelligent Traffic Management System (ITMS) including traffic centre, for improving the efficiency in toll management through the establishment of the Toll Collection System (TCS).
ii.To establish a sustainable model of ITS and its O&M through transfer of technology from the Republic of Korea.
i.The bilateral relationship between India and South Korea was upgraded to ‘Special Strategic Partnership’ in 2015, which further consolidates and strengthens the Special Strategic Partnership between India and Republic of Korea.
ii.In October 2016 Republic of Korea was designated as India’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) partner for development cooperation.
About Economic Development Co-operation Fund (EDCF):
The EDCF is South Korea’s development aid which was established in 1987. It supports partner countries in providing loans for their economic development and the loans are administered by the Export-Import (EX-IM) Bank of Korea under the supervision of the Ministry of Strategy and Finance.
About South Korea:
President – Yoon Suk-yeol
Capital – Seoul
Currency – South Korean Won
Fino Payments Bank & Protean Partners to Expand PAN card Issuance services in IndiaFino Payments Bank partnered with Protean eGov Technologies (formerly NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited) to expand Permanent Account number (PAN) card issuance services in India, especially in rural areas.
- Protean eGov Technologies accepts and processes PAN applications on behalf of the Income tax department.
i.Under the partnership, Fino payments bank will act as PAN Service Agency (PSA) of Protean and facilitate paperless PAN issuance services.
ii.Applicants can apply for a PAN card through Aadhaar based authentication, without the need to submit or upload any documents at Fino Bank points and can also choose PAN card either in digital or physical form.
iii.The digital version or e-PAN will be sent within a few hours of applying to the applicant’s email id and are accepted as actual PAN card whereas the physical PAN card will be delivered at applicants Aadhaar mentioned address within 4-5 working days.
Fact – As per Ministry of Finance (MoF), more than 43.34 crore PANs have been linked with Aadhaar till January 2022.
About Fino Payments Bank Limited:
MD & CEO – Rishi Gupta
Headquarters – Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
Establishment – 2017
Germany Announces 1 billion EURO for Energy Transition Projects in IndiaOn 30th November 2022 Germany launched a proposal to grant 1 billion EURO (Rs. 8440 crore) for energy transition projects across India under a bilateral partnership for green and sustainable development.
- The announcement was made ahead of German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock’s visit to India in December 2022.
- Germany will assist India in making its energy supply technically, economically, and environmentally sustainable in the area of renewable energy.
- India and Germany entered into an agreement on the funding for more than 20 development projects in FY23.
i.The fund will support India’s initiatives in the areas of renewable energy, sustainable urban development in smart cities, and sustainable resource use.
ii.The funding comprises 10% in grants and the remaining 90% will be in the form of lines of credit.
- The lines of credit will be provided by KfW Development Bank with ‘very cheap interest’ ranging from 2.7% to 3.2% for development projects in states including Tamil Nadu and Meghalaya.
Note – Germany will support India with 10 billion EURO by 2030 under the umbrella of the new Indo-German partnership for green and sustainable development. This financial support will also include the funding of 1 billion EURO for the projects in India.
President – Frank-Walter Steinmeier
Capital – Berlin
Currency – EURO
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
India’s Economic Growth slows to 6.3% in Q2FY23: NSO Datai.On November 30, 2022, the National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, (MoSPI) released the Estimates of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for the Second Quarter (July-September) 2022-23 or Q2FY23.
ii.As per it, India’s gross domestic product (GDP) for the Q2FY23 slowed to 6.3% as compared to the expansion of 8.4% in Q2FY22. It was 13.5% in the April-June quarter of FY23 (Q1FY23).
iii.Real GDP or GDP at Constant (2011-12) Prices in Q2FY23 is estimated at Rs 38.17 lakh crore, as against Rs 35.89 lakh crore in Q2FY22.
iv.Nominal GDP or GDP at Current Prices in Q2FY23 is estimated at Rs 65.31 lakh crore, as against Rs 56.20 lakh crore in Q2FY22.
About Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI):
MoSPI is the nodal agency for the planned and organized development of the statistical system in India.
Ministers of State (Independent Charge)– Rao Inderjit Singh (Gurugram Constituency – Haryana)
>> Read Full News
REC Ltd signs MoU with PFC Ltd for FY2022-2023
On 29th November 2022, REC Limited (formerly Rural Electrification Corporation Limited) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC), according to the Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) Performance Evaluation System for FY 2022–23 for Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs).
- Vivek Kumar Dewangan, Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of REC signed the MoU with Ravinder Singh Dhillon, CMD of PFC.
- REC and PFC signed a pact in October 2022 to provide Rs 8,520.92 crore financing for the construction of SJVN (Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam) Thermal Private Ltd.’s 1,320 MW thermal power plant at Buxar, Bihar.
TCS bags 6 years Contract from RDG to Create the UK’s Rail Data Marketplace
On 30th November 2022, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) announced that it had been selected by the Rail Delivery Group (RDG) to design, develop, implement, and operate the UK’s Rail Data Marketplace (RDM).
The contract between TCS and RDG is for a term of 6 years including an extension term opportunity.
- The project was 1st announced in 2021 by Chris Heaton-Harris, the UK Rail Minister, as part of his plan to encourage industry-government collaboration to accelerate innovation and deliver new products and services to enhance passenger experience and the effective movement of freight.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Kerala Green Start-up Tree Tag bags award in ‘Climathon-2022’ Tree Tag, a green start-up founded by climate-conscious individuals from Kerala, striving to reduce carbon emissions through tech-integrated afforestation projects, has won the Climathon 2022, the hackathon held at Kerala Technology Innovation Zone (KTIZ), Kochi, Kerala from 26 to 27th November 2022.
- The Tree Tag team won the award under the category of Life On Land, addressing the problem statement such as ‘monitoring and protecting existing forest eco-systems’.
- Tree Tag team including Abhijith Kumar Meenakumari, Chief Executive Officer(CEO), Aashutosh B Sai, Chief Technology Officer(CTO), Mohamed Wazeer Chief Operating Officer(COO) and Anoop Babu Chief Strategy Officer(CSO) received a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh.
Kerala’s Man-Animal Conflict Mitigation Team selected for Wildlife Trust of India Award
The Wildlife Trust of India has selected the Man-Animal Conflict Mitigation Team, an 8-member team, from Chinnakkanal (Munnar forest division), Kerala, for its award this year (2022) for reducing incidents of man-animal conflict in the region.
- The Man-Animal Conflict Mitigation Team had been selected for its work in ensuring the protection of wild elephants and people in the region.
- The team will receive the award on 2nd December 2022, at ‘Aa Aana’, a month-long exhibition that started on 1st December 2022 in Fort Kochi, Kerala.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ICG commissioned new ALH Mk-III squadron, 840 squadron, in ChennaiOn 30th November 2022, the Director General of Indian Coast Guard(ICG), VS Pathania, commissioned 840 Squadron(840 Sqn (CG)), an ICG Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) Mk-III squadron, at ICG Air Station, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The commissioning of 840 Sqn (CG) highlights the achievements towards self-reliance in the field of helicopter manufacturing, in line with “Aatmanirbhar Bharat” vision.
i.This would support strengthening the Coast Guard Region East and boost the abilities of the Indian Coast Guard in the security-sensitive waters off Tamil Nadu and Andhra region.
ii.Since its induction, the squadron has flown over 430 hours and conducted numerous operational missions.
About ALH MK III:
i.ALH Mk-III helicopters are indigenously manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
ii.ALH Mk-III features state-of-the-art equipment including advanced RADAR as well as Electro optical sensors, Shakti engines, full glass cockpit, high-intensity searchlight, advanced communication systems, automatic identification system as well as search-and-rescue homer.
iii.It can undertake maritime reconnaissance, and carry out search and rescue at extended ranges while operating from ships, both by day and night.
iv.It can switch roles from an offensive platform with a heavy machine gun to one carrying a Medical Intensive Care Unit to facilitate the transfer of critically ill patients.
Note: A total of 16 ALH Mk-III aircraft have been inducted in ICG in a phased manner and 4 of these aircraft are positioned in Chennai.
Israeli Navy successful test fired long-range interceptor missile against cruise missile
On 30th November 2022 the Israeli Navy successfully tested the first-of-its-kind long-range interceptor missile against an “advanced” cruise missile LRAD, part of the Barak MX defense system.
- LRAD was launched from a Sa’ar 6-class corvette INS Magen, after detecting a target that resembled an advanced cruise missile and destroyed it.
- LARD was developed by the Israeli Aerospace Industries and the Defense Ministry’s research and development division, known by the Hebrew acronym MAFAT.
i.The BARAK LRAD interceptor is part of the BARAK MX System that is an advanced Air & Missile Defense System.
ii.The interceptor system includes advanced radar, a weapon system, and a long-range interceptor.
iii.It deals with a wide range of aerial threats, including fighters, drones, cruise missiles, surface-to-surface missiles and rockets, anti-ship missiles and unarmed aerial vehicles (UAVs).
Note – Barak LRAD is parallel to the Indian BARAK 8.
China launches three astronauts to Tiangong space station
On 29th November 2022, China launched a spacecraft with a 3-person crew to its under-construction Tiangong space station amid intensifying competition with the United States. It landed about 6 hours after the launch.
- The Shenzhou-15 spaceship carrying the aircraft was launched from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in Northwest China.
- The crew will spend six months in orbit and conduct a number of science experiments.
- The team for the six-month mission is led by veteran Fei Junlong and two first-time astronauts Deng Qingming and Zhang Lu.
Elaliite & Elkinstantonite: 2 New Minerals Discovered in El Ali Meteorite in SomaliaA team of researchers from the University of Alberta(U of A) have discovered 2 new non-earth minerals – elaliite and elkinstantonite, from the El Ali Meteorite, which was found in Somalia in 2020.
- Elaliite comes from the name of El Ali meteorite, and Elkinstantonite is named in honour of Vice president at Arizona State University Lindy Elkins-Tanton, principal investigator of NASA’s upcoming Psyche mission.
- The first name, elaliite, comes from the meteorite itself, which is officially called the “El Ali” meteorite because it was found near the town of El Ali, Somalia.
The findings related to the 2 new minerals were shared during the Space Exploration symposium of the University of Alberta held from 21st to 22nd November 2022.
Discovery of the 2 new minerals:
i.The 2 new minerals were discovered by a team of researchers from U of A in a single 70-gram slice of the 15-tonne (33,000-pound) El Ali meteorite, that was sent to the U of A for classification.
ii.El Ali is the 9th largest meteorite ever found on earth.
- The 2 minerals were identified by Chris Herd, a professor in the Department of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences and curator of the University of Alberta’s Meteorite Collection and Andrew Locock, head of the U of A’s Electron Microprobe Laboratory.
Note: Chris Herd has classified the El Ali meteorite as an “Iron, IAB complex” meteorite, one of over 350 in that particular category.
After analysing the sample, a possible third new mineral is currently under consideration by experts.
Melanochlamys bengalensis: New Species of head-shield slug discovered along the Coast of Bay of Bengal
The scientists of the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) have discovered a new species of head-shield sea slug, named Melanochlamys bengalensis, from the coast of the Bay of Bengal near Digha (West Bengal) and other locations such as Bakkhali, Tajpur, New Digha Udaipur in West Bengal and Talsari, Chandipur, and Kanika Islands in Odisha.
- By merging morphological characteristics and doing a DNA investigation on the species, its status as a new species was confirmed.
- The species was collected from the intertidal zone of the sandy beaches between Digha and Kanika Island near Dhamara.
- It is the 2nd truly tropical species after Melanochlamys papillata from the Gulf of Thailand.
Scientists who found Melanochlamys bengalensis:
- Dr Prasad Chandra Tudu,
- Dr Sheikh Sajan,
- Dr Soumen Roy,
- Dr Amit Mukhopadhyay,
- Dr Basudev Tripathy,
- Dr Anil Mohapatra.
Their research paper has been published in a leading international journal Molluscan Research.
i. Scientists have started work on Melanochlamys bengalensis since 2010-11.
ii. It is small, with lengths from 12 millimetres (mm) to 14mm, black in colour, has a shell inside its body, has no backbone (invertebrate), and normally crawls on the intertidal zone.
iii. The distribution of the species is spread across 295 kilometres from Bakkhali in West Bengal to Konica Island in Odisha.
iv. There are 17 species of this genus found around the globe, including this species and all these species are generally distributed in temperate regions of the Indo-Pacific Oceanic realm.
World AIDS Day 2022 – December 1 The United Nations(UN)’s World Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) Day is annually observed across the globe on 1st December to create awareness about AIDS and to unite people across the globe to show support the people living with AIDS and affected by HIV(Human Immunodeficiency Virus).
- UNAIDS – United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS leads the campaigning for World AIDS Day since its creation in 2004.
The theme of World AIDS Day 2022 is “Equalize”.
World AIDS Day, the first-ever international day for global health, was founded in 1988.
- The idea of World AIDS day was first formulated in August 1987 by James W. Bunn and Thomas Netter, Public information officers for the “Global Programme on AIDS” at the World Health Organization(WHO) in Geneva, Switzerland.
About UNAIDS – United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS:
Executive Director– Winnie Byanyima
Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland
>> Read Full News
UP CM Yogi Adityanath launches ‘One District One Sport’ schemeYogi Adityanath, Chief Minister(CM) of Uttar Pradesh(UP) launched the “One District One Sport” (ODOS) to promote indigenous sports in UP. The scheme aims to revive the indigenous sports that are losing their presence in the field.
- The Department of Sports, Uttar Pradesh is set to prepare the blueprint of the scheme and identify popular sports for each district.
- The ODOS scheme is started in line with the One District one product(ODOP) scheme, which promoted local items of each of the 75 districts of UP.
The objective of the government is to promote sports culture and keep the younger generation healthy in the state and provide platform for sportspersons.
i.Under ODOS, one sport will be identified in each of the 75 districts of UP, to find district-wise sport-specific talents.
i.The scheme aims to encourage the youths of the state to take up sports and hone their skills.
ii.Water sports will be an integral part of the ODOS scheme for districts situated on the banks of major rivers.
iii.At present, 57 districts have been taken up and divided across 13 sports and the sports department is working on appointing coaches.
Districts and their sports under ODOS scheme:
- Hockey has been identified as the sport of 11 districts (Pratapgarh, Mau, Bareilly, Lucknow, Rae Bareli, Hardoi, Farrukhabad, Moradabad, Balrampur, Etawah and Ghaziabad)
- Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Chandauli, Baghpat, Azamgarh, Deoria and Maharajgani have identified wrestling as their sport under the ODOS scheme.
- Agra and Kanpur(Table Tennis); Aligarh and Gautam Budh Nagar(Badminton); Mirzapur and Bijnor(Weightlifting); Bulandshahr & Kushinagar(Boxing); Sonbhadra and Lalitpur(Archery) Hathras(Football); Pilibhit(Swimming); Banda(Shooting); Kannauj(Kabaddi) and Prayagraj(Lawn Tennis).
- The 24 districts – Manipuri, Firozabad, Jaunur, Bhadohi, Sambhal, Sitapur, Kasganj, Unnao, Ayodhya. Kaushambi, Etah, Amethi, Rampur, Siddharthnagar, Santakbirnagar, Chitrakoot, Basti, Hamirpur, Hapur, Meerut, Ghazipur, Shamli, Ballia and Muzaffarnagar have identified Athletics under the scheme.
- The ten districts now have different sports: Wrestling instead of Judo in Mathura; Athletics instead of badminton in Ambedkar Nagar, Kanpur Dehat and Fatehpur; Football instead of Badminton in Bahraich; Kabaddi instead of Badminton in Shravasti; and Hockey instead of Badminton in Jhansi, Gonda, and Lakhimpur Kheri.
About Uttar Pradesh:
Governor– Anandiben Patel
Wildlife Sanctuary– National Chambal Sanctuary; Kishanpur Wildlife Sanctuary
Tiger Reserve– Pilibhit Tiger Reserve; Dudhwa Tiger Reserve
Jawahar Reddy Appointed as Chief Secretary of AP; MP Chief Secretary Gets Extension of 6 months On 1st December 2022, K.S. Jawahar Reddy, a 1990 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Officer took charge as the Chief Secretary to the Government of Andhra Pradesh (AP). He will further continue to be in post till 2024.
- He replaces Sameer Sharma, who is retiring from service on attaining the age of superannuation on 30th November 2022.
About Jawahar Reddy:
i.Jawahar Reddy is currently serving as the Special Chief Secretary to the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh (YS Jagan Mohan Reddy), by which all the affairs of the Chief Minister’s Office (CMO) are currently under his supervision.
- He was appointed as the Special Chief Secretary to the CM in February 2022.
ii.Earlier, he has served as the Secretary to the CM (N Kiran Kumar Reddy) in the then united AP.
iii.He also served as a Collector and District Magistrate of Srikakulam and East Godavari districts, Principal Secretary Panchayat Raj and Rural Development, Principal Secretary Health and Executive Officer of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams.
i.Poonam Malakondaiah, Chief Commissioner, Rythu Bharosa Kendrams (RBKs) and Special Chief Secretary to Government (Agriculture), Agriculture & Cooperation Department has been posted as Special Chief Secretary to the CM.
- This vacancy has been filled by Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (Wildlife) and Chief Wildlife Warden Y. Madhusudhana Reddy.
ii.B. Mohamed Diwan Mydeen was posted as Special Secretary to the Government, Housing Department.
MP Chief Secretary Gets Extension of 6 months upon CM Chouhan’s Recommendation
As per the order of the Union Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievance and Pension, Madhya Pradesh (MP) Chief Secretary Iqbal Singh Bains, who was to retire on 30th November 2022, has been given an extension of six-months and will continue in the post until 31st May 2023.
- The extension of Iqbal Singh Bains was recommended by Chief Minister (CM) Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
About Iqbal Singh Bains:
i.He was 1985 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer and has worked in a wide range of government departments, from energy to rural development to aviation.
ii.In 2012 he was responsible for conceptualising and implementing the Public Service Delivery Guarantee Act in Madhya Pradesh, the first of its kind in India.
- The work received a United Nations Public Service Award as a mark of effective and responsive public administration.
iii.In August 2016 he was responsible for establishing the Ministry of Happiness in Madhya Pradesh, a volunteer-led initiative to promote happiness as an essential component of public policy.
- Under the ministry, a programme named ‘Pause’, was designed in collaboration with Initiatives of Change, India.
Disabled- Friendly ramp was inaugurated in Chennai’s Marina Beach
On 27th November 2022, India’s 1st permanent ramp for persons with disability was inaugurated at Marina beach, Chennai (Tamil Nadu).
This facility has been developed with funding from Singara Chennai 2.0 at an estimated cost of Rs 1.14 crore.
- The facility was established by the Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC).
It was inaugurated by Municipal Administration and Water Supply Minister K N Nehru, Health Minister Ma Subramanian and Hindu Religious (HR) and Charitable Endowments (CE) Department Minister P K Sekar Babu in the presence of Member of Parliament (MP) Dayanidhi Maran and Chepauk- Thiruvallikeni Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) Udhayanidhi Stalin.
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 2 December 2022|
|1||41st edition of India International Trade Fair held in New Delhi, Delhi – November 14 – 27, 2022|
|2||23rd Hornbill Festival begins in Nagaland|
|3||First-ever Tribal Winter Festival held in Jammu-Kashmir|
|4||India to receive over record $100 bn in Remittances in 2022: World Bank Brief|
|5||World Bank Report: Over 160-200 Million Indians Could Be Exposed to Lethal Heat Waves Annually|
|6||RBI: Authorises TMBL to Undertake Government Business; Modifies Digital Lending Norms Effective from 1st December|
|7||SEBI Reduces Timeline for Listing Debt Securities Issued On Private Placement Basis|
|8||India & South Korea Signs Agreement for EDCF Loan worth 1500 Crore|
|9||Fino Payments Bank & Protean Partners to Expand PAN card Issuance services in India|
|10||Germany Announces 1 billion EURO for Energy Transition Projects in India|
|11||India’s Economic Growth slows to 6.3% in Q2FY23: NSO Data|
|12||REC Ltd signs MoU with PFC Ltd for FY2022-2023|
|13||TCS bags 6 years Contract from RDG to Create the UK’s Rail Data Marketplace|
|14||Kerala Green Start-up Tree Tag bags award in ‘Climathon-2022’|
|15||ICG commissioned new ALH Mk-III squadron, 840 squadron, in Chennai|
|16||Israeli Navy successful test fired long-range interceptor missile against cruise missile|
|17||China launches three astronauts to Tiangong space station|
|18||Elaliite & Elkinstantonite: 2 New Minerals Discovered in El Ali Meteorite in Somalia|
|19||Melanochlamys bengalensis: New Species of head-shield slug discovered along the Coast of Bay of Bengal|
|20||World AIDS Day 2022 – December 1|
|21||UP CM Yogi Adityanath launches ‘One District One Sport’ scheme|
|22||Jawahar Reddy Appointed as Chief Secretary of AP; MP Chief Secretary Gets Extension of 6 months|
|23||Disabled- Friendly ramp was inaugurated in Chennai’s Marina Beach|
Daily Current Affairs – Last 10 Days
- Current Affairs 2 December 2022
- Current Affairs 1 December 2022
- Current Affairs 30 November 2022
- Current Affairs 29 November 2022
- Current Affairs 27 & 28 November 2022
- Current Affairs 26 November 2022
- Current Affairs 25 November 2022
- Current Affairs 24 November 2022
- Current Affairs 23 November 2022
- Current Affairs 22 November 2022
Year-Wise Current Affairs Today