Current Affairs Today with Latest current affairs today 2020 Quiz for preparation of Bank Exam – PO & clerk, SSC, Railways & Insurance. Our Today Current Affairs 2020 page covers various sections like National current affairs today 2020, business & economy, Indian and International affairs 2020, defense, environment current affairs, persons and many for competitive exams preparing aspirants.
Current Affairs 2020 PDF Plan Features:
- 90 PDF’s Per Month (Same Content in Different Format)
- Suitable for Banking, SSC, Railways, Insurance, CLAT, CAT, PSC, UPSC Examinations
- 2020 Plan includes Daily PDF(Content & Q&A), Weekly PDF, Monthly PDF –Study, Q&A(Q500+), Pocket PDF, Hindi PDF, Topic-Wise PDF & Current Banking Awareness PDF.
AffairsCloud Today (Current Affairs Today)
We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 5 & 6 December 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs November 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
MoS E&IT Rajeev Chandrasekhar Released the National Strategy on Blockchain, Launches India’s 1st Indigenous Server RUDRA
On 3rd December 2021, while celebrating Azadi Ka Digital Mahotsav, the Minister of State (MoS) for Electronics and Information Technology (IT) & Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Rajeev Chandrasekhar, released the National Strategy on Blockchain.
- The National Strategy on Blockchain was formulated by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) to create trusted digital platforms through shared Blockchain infrastructure.
- The strategy document would provide the guidance for creating a nationwide ecosystem for creating the National Blockchain Platform and the development of relevant applications.
-MoS E&IT launches India’s 1st indigenous server RUDRA
Rajeev Chandrasekhar also launched India’s 1st indigenous Server, RUDRA, which was developed by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) supported by MeiTY and DST (Department Of Science & Technology).
- C-DAC is collaborating with Intel, NVIDIA (technology partners), and ATOS (manufacturing partner).
i.MoS announced the top 10 winning teams of the Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge, which was announced in August 2020 to provide further thrust to the Start-up, innovation and research in India.
ii.Under the aegis of Microprocessor Development Programme of MeitY, a power-pack indigenously developed processors such as SHAKTI (by IIT Madras) and VEGA (by C-DAC) has been developed from scratch using Open-Source Architecture.
About Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology:
Union Minister – Ashwini Vaishnaw (Constituency – Odisha)
Minister of State – Rajeev Chandrasekhar (Constituency – Karnataka)
>>Read Full News
PM Narendra Modi Inaugurated, lays Foundation Stone for Multiple Projects in Dehradun
On December 4, 2021, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi inaugurated 7 projects worth Rs 2,573 crore and laid the foundation stone of 11 projects worth Rs 15,728 crore in Dehradun, Uttarakhand (Cumulatively the projects worth around Rs 18,000 crore).
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami also participated in the project’s inauguration.
- More than Rs 1 lakh crore has been approved by the Centre in the last five years for the development of Uttarakhand.
About some of the Key Projects:
i.Delhi-Dehradun Economic Corridor:
- PM laid the foundation stone for the Delhi-Dehradun Economic Corridor project, which will be built at a cost of around Rs 8,300 crore.
- It will have Asia’s largest wildlife elevated corridor (12 kilometres) for unrestricted wildlife movement. It also includes the 340 metres long tunnel near Dat Kaali temple, Dehradun to reduce the impact on wildlife.
ii.Dehradun – Paonta Sahib, Himachal Pradesh road project: PM Modi laid the foundation stone for the Dehradun – Paonta Sahib (Himachal Pradesh) road project, being constructed at a cost of around Rs 1700 crore.
Governor – Gurmit Singh
Tiger Reserve – Corbett Tiger Reserve, Rajaji Tiger Reserve
Zoological Park – Bharat Ratna Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant high altitude Zoological Park
>>Read Full News
India-ITU Launch Joint Cyber Drill 2021
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) and the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) operating under the Ministry of Communications conducted a ‘Joint Cyber Drill 2021’. It was conducted for the Critical Network Infrastructure (CNI) operators of India.
- It is a four-day virtual event that will take place from November 30 to December 3, 2021.
- The CNIs are the systems, assets and networks that are essential to ensure the security of a country.
The speakers, panelists, and experts from the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), INTERPOL, the National Security Council Secretariat (NSCS), the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), and other prestigious organisations.
Main purpose of Cyber Drill:
i.The 2021 India-ITU joint CyberDrill for Indian entities will emphasize the role of national Computer Incident and Response Teams (CIRTs) and Computer Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRTs) in building cyber resilience and protecting critical information infrastructure.
ii.It will improve the cyber security readiness of India and also helps to test an organization’s cyber capabilities against cyber-attacks, information security incidents, and other disruptions in our country.
About International Telecommunication Union (ITU):
Secretary General– Houlin Zhao
Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland
22nd Hornbill Festival begins in Nagaland
On 1 December 2021, The 22nd Hornbill Festival began in Nagaland at Naga Heritage Village, Kisama(Kohima).The Governor of Assam and Nagaland Prof. Jagdish Mukhi inaugurated the programme of the 10-day festival. It is also called the ‘Festival of Festivals’.
- It is the largest celebration of the Indigenous Warrior Tribes of Nagaland, generally celebrated for 10 days .
- The festival is also known as Dhanesh bird festival. Organized by the State Tourism and Art & Culture Departments.
i.To revive and protect the rich culture of Nagaland and display its extravaganza and traditions.
ii.To encourage inter-tribal interaction and to promote cultural heritage of Nagaland.
i.The festival is named after the bird Indian hornbill, the large and colourful forest bird which is displayed in the folklore of most of the state’s tribes.
ii.The festival is currently being celebrated in the major parts of Nagaland that includes Kisma to Kohima, Mocomchung, Dimapur, Okha etc.
iii.It is celebrated by organising several traditional arts, folk songs & games, indigenous traditions etc.
Festival- Ngada Festival , Hega Festival, Mim Kut Festival
GoI to Develop Indigenous Jet Engines for LCA Tejas Aircrafts
The Government of India (GoI) has informed the Parliament about the future development of indigenous engines for powering aircraft such as Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas variants and Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) in association with an International Engine House.
- Currently, the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas is integrated with an imported engine.
- The LCA Tejas, Flight Operational Clearance (FOC) configuration requires higher thrust than the intended engine requirement. Thus the present architecture of the Kaveri engine cannot be integrated with LCA Tejas.
- About Kaveri Project: The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) had sanctioned the indigenous Kaveri engine project in 1989 and it is now in the trial stage. The project includes the development of nine full prototype engines and four core engines with an expenditure of Rs 2035.56 crore.
Light Utility Helicopters:
i.In November 2021, the defence ministry approved the procurement of 12 LUH from the HAL for around Rs 1,500 crore.
ii.Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) will manufacture 4 Limited Series Production (LSP) of the indigenous Light Utility Helicopters (LUH) by 2022-23 and 8 LSP LUHs by 2023-24.
About Ministry of Defence:
Union Minister – Raj Nath Singh (Constituency – Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State – Ajay Bhatt (Constituency – Nainital-Udhamsingh Nagar, Uttarakhand)
>>Read Full News
Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia Announced New Helicopter Policy to Set Up Dedicated Hubs & Corridors
Jyotiraditya M. Scindia, Union Minister of Civil Aviation has announced a New 10- point(Step) Helicopter Policy at the 3rd Helicopter Summit 2021 – [email protected]: Expediting the Growth of Indian Helicopter Industry and Enhancing Air Connectivity organised by FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry), Ministry of Civil Aviation(MoCA) and Pawan Hans Ltd. in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- Under this new policy dedicated hubs and corridors will be established to boost air connectivity. Initially four Heli Hubs and Training Units will be set up Juhu in Mumbai, Guwahati, Delhi, and Bangalore.
- He also stated that 10 cities and 82 routes were identified to develop helicopter corridors.
Features of the New Policy:
i.Under this policy, the landing charges and parking deposits were abolished to boost commercial operations.
ii.As a part of the new policy, the government will also form a dedicated helicopter acceleration cell in the Ministry of Civil Aviation, which will monitor the issues of the helicopter industry.
iii.An advisory group will also be formed under the Ministry to discuss the difficulties faced by the helicopter industry.
i.A booklet, titled Heli-Disha, featuring all the regulations and issues related to helicopters, was also released during the event.
ii.The road map for Heli Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) was also released at the event.
iii.As a part of the new policy, the centralised Heli Seva Portal was also inaugurated at the event.
About Ministry of Civil Aviation:
Union Minister– Jyotiraditya M. Scindia (Rajya Sabha- Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of State– General (Retd.) Vijay Kumar Singh (Constituency- Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh)
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
Gujarat with 15.9% Manufacturing Growth became India’s Largest Manufacturing Hub: RBI Data
i.In accordance with the data by Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Gujarat has surpassed Maharashtra to become India’s leading manufacturing hub. It’s Gross Value Addition (GVA) in manufacturing grew 15.9% annually between FY12 to FY20 to Rs 5.11 lakh crore.
ii.GVA indicates economic growth in supply of goods and services. It is GDP minus net product taxes.
iii.In terms of manufacturing, Maharashtra is followed by Tamil Nadu with a GVA of Rs 3.43 lakh crore at 3rd spot, Karnataka (4th) at Rs 2.1 lakh crore, and Uttar Pradesh-UP (5th) at Rs 1.87 lakh crore.
iv.India’s cumulative manufacturing GVA grew to Rs 16.9 lakh crore in FY20 stating an annual growth rate of 9.7% since FY12.
Static points about Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
-It was established on the recommendation of the Hilton Young Commission.
-RBI is responsible only for printing the currency notes. Minting of coins is done by the Government of India.
-Dr. Manmohan Singh is the only Prime Minister to have also served as the Governor of RBI.
>>Read Full News
CIFT is Awarded with Future Refrigeration India Project – ‘INDEE+’
The Kochi based Indian Council for Agriculture Research (ICAR), Central Institute of Fisheries Technology (CIFT) has been awarded a project on ‘Future Refrigeration India’ named ‘INDEE+’, aimed at heading the fuel transition in the seafood sector.
- This project is coordinated by Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- The other Indian partners are CIFT Kochi; Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Chennai; BITS Pilani; and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru
i.The Project was highlighted at 26th International Climate Conference workshop on ‘Future Refrigeration project’ held at CIFT, Glasgow.
ii.The project ‘INDEE+’ is an umbrella project that covers several schemes supporting the Indian refrigeration and air-conditioning sector in transition towards cleaner and green technologies.
iii.They also intend to promote Carbon-di-oxide (CO2) based refrigeration and heating systems that replace the current refrigerants with natural, clean and safe refrigerants.
Note – The Indian fisheries sector committed towards achieving net zero carbon emission by 2070 at the 26th International Climate Conference in Glasgow.
About Central Institute of Fisheries Technology (CIFT)
Senior Administrative Officer – W Sreenivasa Bhatt
Established – 1957
Started function at – Cochin
Other Research centers – Veraval (Gujarat), Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh) and Mumbai (Maharashtra).
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Viktor Axelsen, Tai Tzu Ying named 2021 BWF Male & Female Player of the Year
On 3 December 2021, Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen and China’s Taipei’s Tai Tzu Ying were named Male and Female player of the year 2021 respectively by the Badminton World Federation (BWF).
- It was the first season-ending award in this category for both Vicktor Axelsen and Tai Tzu Ying — the All England champions of 2020.
i.Viktor Axelsen is the Olympic champion and Tai Tzu Ying is the Tokyo Games silver medallist. Viktor Axelsen was rewarded for his extraordinary run starting from the Barcelona Spain Masters in February 2020.
ii.Tai Tzu Ying won the All England Open title in 2020 and all three finals at the three-tournament Asian Leg in January 2021. She also won the BWF World Tour Finals in 2020 and secured a silver medal at the Tokyo Olympics.
iii.All eight winners were honoured in a virtual broadcast on BWF online platform.
|Most improved player of the Year||Lee Yang and Wang Chi-Lin|
|Pair of the Year||Greysia Polii and Apriyani Rahayu|
|Para Badminton Pair of the Year||Lucas Mazur and Faustine Noel
|Female Para Badminton Player of the Year||Leani Ratri Oktila|
|Male Para Badminton Player of the Year||Qu Zimo
|Eddy Choong Most Promising Player||Kunlavut Vitidsarn|
|Special mention||Kevin Cordon
About Badminton World Federation (BWF):
President-Poul-Erik Hoyer Larsen
Headquarters-Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
India’s ESAF SFB gets Honorable Mention in Best Bank for Women Entrepreneurs: 4th Global SME Finance Awards 2021
The 4th Global SME Finance Awards 2021, constituted by the United States (US)-based SME Finance Forum, conferred Honorable mention in the Best Bank for Women Entrepreneurs category on the Thrissur, Kerala (India) based ESAF Small Finance Bank (SFB) Limited.
- This acknowledgement is due to the gender equal opportunities provided by SFB through universal financial access, livelihood and economic development including providing microloans to women in unserved and underserved households in India.
- ESAF SFB was launched in 2017 and its Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is Kadambelil Paul Thomas.
About Global SME Finance Awards 2021:
These were Organized by International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, and the SME Finance Forum and endorsed by the G20’s (Group of Twenty) Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion (GPFI).
- Initiated in 2018, these awards recognize financial institutions and fintech companies for their outstanding achievements in delivering services to small and medium enterprises.
Mathematician Nikhil Srivastava and 2 others selected for AMS’s Ciprian Foias Prize
Indian-American Mathematician Nikhil Srivastava nominated for American Mathematical Society (AMS) for the first Ciprian Foias Award in Operator Theory.
Along with Nikhil Srivastava, who teaches at the University of California, Berkeley, Adam Marcus (Switzerland) and Daniel Spielman (United States)are the other two recipients.
- The award has been given for Nikhil Srivastava for his work in developing and introducing techniques to understand the characteristic polynomial of matrices, including the iterative sparsification.
i.Nikhil Srivastava and the other two awardees will receive the award on January 5, 2022, during the Joint Mathematics Meeting in Seattle, United States. which is characterised as “the world’s largest mathematics meeting”.
ii.the trio has published a research paper titled ‘Interlacing families II: mixed characteristic polynomials and the Kadison–Singer problem‘ (Annals of Mathematics, 2015), which solves the famous ‘paving problem’ in operator theory, formulated by Richard Kadison and Isadore Singer in 1959.
Who is Nikhil Srivastava?
i.Nikhil Srivastava was born in New Delhi, India.
ii.In 2005, he graduated with the highest distinction, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics and Computer Science from Union College in Schenectady, New York. In 2010, he earned a Ph.D. in computer science from Yale University.
iii.Awards: George Polya Prize in 2014 and Held Prize in 2021.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Kinara Appoints Ravindra Jadeja as Official Brand Ambassador
On 3rd December 2021, Bangalore based innovative, fast-growing fintech, Kinara Capital signed the Indian cricketer Ravindra Jadeja, as its official brand ambassador on the occasion of the company’s 10th anniversary.
- Kinara Capital provide loan service to India’s MSMEs. Till date, Kinara Capital has disbursed 70,000 collateral-free loans.
Aim – To reach 500% growth from current Asset Under Management (AUM) of INR 1000 crore and finance additional 1 Lakh collateral-free MSME loans by 2025.
Kinara’s innovative offerings:
i.’myKinara app’, an end-to-end digital application along with more than 400+ digital wallet payment options,
ii.‘Grow with Kinara’ , a free workshop series for customers
iii.’HerVikas’, a discounted loan programme for women entrepreneurs.
About Kinara Capital
Kinara Capital offers business loans to all MSME sectors including Manufacturing, Trading and Services.
Founder & CEO – Hardika Shah
Established – 2011
Headquarters – Bangalore, Karnataka
New Butterfly species found in Sikkim’s Dzongu District
Zographetus Dzonguensis, a new butterfly species, a indigenous Lepchas of Sikkim was found in the Namprickdang area, Noom Panang Village in upper Dzongu, North District, Sikkim. The details were published in ‘Zootaxa’.
- The team of researchers who discovered the species has proposed ‘Chocolate-bordered Flitter’ as the English name for its chocolate coloured border around both the wings.
- The team of researchers are Krushnamegh Kunte, Sonam Wangchuk Lepcha, Tarun Karmakar, and Dipendra Nath Basu.
i.The chocolate-brown spots on the hindwing of the new species are smaller, and the white spots on the forewing are sharply defined.
ii.The species is very similar to two recently described species– Z.pangi from Guangdong and Z.hainanensis from Hainan in China.
Note – Butterflies are called Thamblyok in the Lepcha language and Putali in Nepali.
About the species:
i.The species appears to be local and seasonal, occurring below 1,000 metres in mixed evergreen and semi-evergreen broad-leaved forests of North Sikkim District.
ii.It is active on sunny days from early morning to midday which largely feeds on bird droppings from shaded stream beds.
iii.This is the second butterfly species new to science from the Northeast after the Banded kit that was found in 2015 from Namdapha by Krushnamegh Kunte.
Chief Minister – Prem Singh Tamang (Constituency – Poklok-Kamrang, Sikkim)
Governor – Ganga Prasad
Wildlife sanctuaries – Fambong Lho Sanctuary, Pangolakha Wildlife Sanctuary, Shingba (Rhododendron) Wildlife Sanctuary
ITBP Names Ladakh Mountain as ‘Norbu Wangdu Peak’ After Mountaineer Norbu Wangdu
Indo-Tibetan Border Police(ITBP)’s mountaineering team Shikhar scaled two unnamed 6000 meters (m) high mountains in Eastern Ladakh and named one of them as ‘Norbu Wangdu Peak’(6,250 metres), dedicated it to the late ITBP’s mountaineer & Head Constable, Nurbu Wangdus from Ladakh, who died during an avalanche in Gangotri-1, Uttarakhand, in October 2019.
- The 20-member team “Shikhar”, led by Commandant DS Negi of ITBP includes 4 ITBP’s women mountaineers and 2 Ladakh Police personnel, was launched in September 2021 from Leh.
- ITBP, formed in 1962, holds the unique record of 223 successful mountaineering expeditions.
Former TN Governor & AP CM Konijeti Rosaiah Passed Away
Konijeti Rosaiah, the former governor of Tamil Nadu(TN) and former Chief Minister(CM) of the Unified State of Andhra Pradesh (AP) has passed away at the age of 88 in Hyderabad, Telangana. He was born on 4th July 1933 at Vemur, Guntur District of Andhra Pradesh(Undivided).
About Konijeti Rosaiah:
i.Konijeti Rosaiah was a member of the Indian National Congress(INC) and he was first elected as a member of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council in 1968.
ii.From 1979 to 1983, he served as the Minister for Roads and Buildings, Housing, Transport and Home. Later, from 1989 to 1994, he held the portfolios of finance and transport.
iii.He was the longest serving Finance Minister and has presented the state budget 16 times, the highest record in India.
iv.He was elected to the Lok Sabha in 1998 from Narasaraopet constituency of Andhra Pradesh.
v.He served as the CM of the undivided AP from 2009 to 2010 after the death of CM YS Rajasekhar Reddy.
vi.He Served as the Governor of Tamil Nadu from 2011 to 2016 and has given additional charge as Governor of Karnataka for two months in the year 2014.
Pulitzer-Winning American Scholar Martin J Sherwin Passed Away
Martin J Sherwin, an American scholar of atomic weapons passed away in Washington, DC, The United States of America(USA). He was born in New York, USA.
- He won the 2006 Pulitzer Prize in Biography with Kai Bird for the book ‘American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer’, the first full-scale biography of J. Robert Oppenheimer, the father of the atomic bomb.
- He was also a Pulitzer Prize Juror for 2009 Biography.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Rachna Bisht Rawat’s New Book ’1971: Charge of the Gorkhas and Other Stories’ Released
A new book that unearths true stories of the 1971 Indo-Pak war, ’1971: Charge of the Gorkhas and Other Stories’, written by Rachna Bisht Rawat, was released on 10th December 2021. It is published by Penguin Random House India (PRHI).
- The book includes, from the story of the flight lieutenant who went missing after his plane crashed inside Pakistan to the ‘last khukri attack’ in modern military history.
On December 5, 1971, the airman salutes Flight Lieutenant Vijay Vasant Tambay as per procedure followed across the world every time a combat aircraft lifts off and is destined to be his last flight.
i.The 13-day military conflict (December 3,1971- December 16, 1971) was one of the shortest wars in history. It ended with a decisive win for India and led to the creation of Bangladesh.
ii.On the evening of December 3, 1971 the third Indo-Pak war officially began when the Pakistan Air Force attacked the Indian airfields of Srinagar, Avantipur, Pathankot, Uttarlai, Jodhpur, Ambala and Agra.
iii.The 50th anniversary of the 1971 Indo-Pak War is scheduled to be celebrated in Pune, Maharashtra from December 3 to 16, 2021.
International Day of Banks 2021 – December 4
The United Nations(UN)’s International Day of Banks is annually observed across the globe on 4th December to recognise the vital role of the banking systems in the UN Member States in contributing to the improvement of their standard of living.
The day also recognises the potential of multilateral development banks and other international development banks in financing sustainable development.
- 4th December 2021 marks the observance of the 2nd International Day of Banks.
i.The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/74/245 on 19th December 2019 and proclaimed the 4th December of every year as the International Day of Banks.
ii.The first ever International Day of Banks was observed on 4th December 2020.
>>Read Full News
Indian Navy Day 2021 – December 4
The Indian Navy Day is annually observed across India on 4th December to commemorate the victory of India Navy’s Operation Trident, launched during the 1971 Indo-Pak war and to pay homage to the martyrs who lost their lives in the line of duty.
The day reaffirms the Indian Navy’s commitment to preserve, protect and promote India’s maritime interest.
The theme of 2021 Indian Navy Day is ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh’, which highlights the 50th anniversary of the victory of the Indian armed forces in the 1971 Indo-Pak War.
Indian Navy Week 2021 – 1st to 7th December:
i.The Indian Navy Week 2021 will be observed from 1st to 7th December 2021 during which various activities and events will be organised.
About Indian Navy:
Chief of the Naval Staff– Admiral R Hari Kumar
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
Motto– Sham No Varunah
>>Read Full News
Union Minister Giriraj Singh inaugurated NGDR and Banadhikar mobile app in Tripura
On December 3, 2021, Union Minister Giriraj Singh, Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) along with Minister of State (MoS) MoRD Faggan Singh Kulaste virtually launched the National Generic Document Registration System (NGDRS) and Banadhikar App at the Tripura State Secretariat in Agartala.
- With this, Tripura became the first Indian state in the country to introduce the Banadhikar App.
- Banadhikar is a GPS-based mobile application for the demarcation of forest ‘patta’ (land rights) for the landless indigenous people under the Forest Rights Act, 2006.
i.Currently, both newly launched facilities will be functional in the west and Sipahijala districts of Tripura.
ii.1.3 lakh tribal people will get back their land rights under the Banadhikar mobile application along with a uniform map of their land.
iii.Through these new schemes, each and every plot in the state will get a unique ID and the registration process will become easier.
Tripura Chief Minister (CM) Biplab Kumar Dev, State Revenue and Forest Minister Narendra Chandra Debbarma, among others
Governor– Satyadev Narayan Arya
Wild Life Sanctuaries (WLS)– Sepahijala WLS, Trishna WLS, and Gomati WLS
Zoological Park– Sepahijala Zoological Park
Rajasthan govt signs 145 MoUs & LoIs for around Rs 79,000cr during Invest Rajasthan Roadshow in New Delhi
On December 3, 2021, the Rajasthan Government signed 145 Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) and Letters of Intent (LoIs) worth over Rs 79,000 crore during ‘Invest Rajasthan Roadshow- Exploring Investment Opportunities in Rajasthan’ in New Delhi.
- These include MoUs attracting proposed investments worth around Rs 69,000 crore and LoIs for investments totaling worth Rs 10,099 crore.
- The information for the same was provided by Rajasthan Industries Minister Shakuntala Rawat.
- The roadshow was organized by the Government of Rajasthan in partnership with industry body CII (Confederation of Indian Industry) to highlight the business and growth opportunities in Rajasthan.
i.The state government urged the investors to invest in Rajasthan as they are giving subsidies on setting up new businesses.
ii.About 125 companies who have signed MoUs already own land for their proposed projects, while 20 have submitted LoIs for their projects and are looking for land options
- Solar firm ReNew Power, cement companies J K Cement and J K Lakshmi Cement, omni-channel eyewear retailer Lenskart and Sports Goods Export Promotion Council, ALP Polymer, ASK Automobile and Jindal Aluminium Ltd are among those who have signed the MoU with the Rajasthan government.
iii.The Invest Rajasthan event scheduled for January 24 and 25, 2022, in Jaipur.
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 5 & 6 December 2021|
|1||MoS IT Rajeev Chandrasekhar Released the National Strategy on Blockchain, Launches India’s 1st Indigenous Server RUDRA|
|2||PM Narendra Modi Inaugurated, lays Foundation Stone for Multiple Projects in Dehradun|
|3||India-ITU Launch Joint Cyber Drill 2021|
|4||22nd Hornbill Festival begins in Nagaland|
|5||GoI to Develop Indigenous Jet Engines for LCA Tejas Aircrafts|
|6||Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia Announced New Helicopter Policy to Set Up Dedicated Hubs & Corridors|
|7||Gujarat with 15.9% Manufacturing Growth became India’s Largest Manufacturing Hub: RBI Data|
|8||CIFT is Awarded with Future Refrigeration India Project – ‘INDEE+’|
|9||Viktor Axelsen, Tai Tzu Ying named 2021 BWF Male & Female Player of the Year|
|10||India’s ESAF SFB gets Honorable Mention in Best Bank for Women Entrepreneurs: 4th Global SME Finance Awards 2021|
|11||Mathematician Nikhil Srivastava and 2 others selected for AMS’s Ciprian Foias Prize|
|12||Kinara Appoints Ravindra Jadeja as Official Brand Ambassador|
|13||New Butterfly species found in Sikkim’s Dzongu District|
|14||ITBP Names Ladakh Mountain as ‘Norbu Wangdu Peak’ After Mountaineer Norbu Wangdu|
|15||Former TN Governor & AP CM Konijeti Rosaiah Passed Away|
|16||Pulitzer-Winning American Scholar Martin J Sherwin Passed Away|
|17||Author Rachna Bisht Rawat’s New Book ’1971: Charge of the Gorkhas and Other Stories’ Released|
|18||International Day of Banks 2021 – December 4|
|19||Indian Navy Day 2021 – December 4|
|20||Union Minister Giriraj Singh inaugurated NGDR and Banadhikar mobile app in Tripura|
|21||Rajasthan govt signs 145 MoUs & LoIs for around Rs 79,000cr during Invest Rajasthan Roadshow in New Delhi|
Daily Current Affairs – Last 10 Days
- Current Affairs 5 & 6 December 2021
- Current Affairs 4 December 2021
- Current Affairs 3 December 2021
- Current Affairs 2 December 2021
- Current Affairs 1 December 2021
- Current Affairs 30 November 2021
- Current Affairs 28 & 29 November 2021
- Current Affairs 27 November 2021
- Current Affairs 26 November 2021
- Current Affairs 25 November 2021
Year-Wise Current Affairs Today