A unique Project named by Salamati has been launched by the Haryana Govt for the first time ever in order to maintain a healthy balance between the births of children by using injectable contraceptive.
- The objective is to check high mother and infant mortality rate
- It is being implemented by the State Government with the assistance of Pathfinder International.
- As a Pilot project, only nine health centres are being covered
- This measure has been taken by the Govt to ensure another alternative for family planning.
- This contraceptive will be available at all primary health centres Community Health Centres, Sub Divisional and district hospitals free of cost.
- The state has an outlay of Rs 3,916.94 crore has been earmarked for health and family welfare in the year 2016-17.
- Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor: Kaptan Singh Solanki
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Ruling Political Party: NDA