Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exam.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
The Government of India had unveiled the National Capital Goods Policy under the Make in India apparition.
- This is the first ever policy for the capital goods sector.
- It aims at increasing the production of capital goods from 230,000 Cr in 2014-15 toRs. 750,000 Cr in 2025 and elevating direct and indirect employment from the current 8.4 million to 30 million.
MoU signed between India and Sweden on Technical Cooperation in Rail Sector
Memorandum of understanding (MoU) had been signed between the ministry of railways on and the government of Sweden on technical cooperation in Rail Sector for getting best international technology along with investment.
- The aim of the deal with the collaboration of two countries is to promote efficiency and sustainability and to accomplish physical results with regard to bilateral trade, investment, research and technology transfer.
- It is an agreement for five years after that it will be extended with paper work.
- Sweden Capital: Stockholm
- Sweden Currency : Swedish krona
Jharkhand gets first mega Food Park
The Food Processing Sector in Jharkhand gets its first Mega Food Park in the State which will directly beneficial for about 25,000 – 30,000 farmers.
- The cost of the Mega Food Park is 114.73 crore and will be projected in an area of 51.50 Acres.
- It will have facilities of Multi Chamber Cold Storage, Dry Warehouse, Vegetable Dehydration Line, modern Quality Control& Testing Laboratory and other processing facilities for fruits & vegetables.
- Union Minister of Food Processing Industries – Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal
- Capital of Jharkhand – Ranchi
India-UK explore pact on information exchange on criminals
India had signed an agreement with the United Kingdom (UK) on exchanging information about criminals.
- The draft was signed by the UK Minister of State for Immigration and Indian Minister of State for Home Affairs for the Information Exchange on Criminality and Criminals.
- Under the signed draft the government will be able to disclose the information with the other country about the criminals.
- Indian Minister of State for Home Affairs – Mr. Kiren Rijiju
- Minister of State for Immigration – Mr. James Brokenshire
Indian Government to distribute 14 crore Soil Health cards by March 2017
The government of India will distribute Rs. 14 crore to Soil Health card in the country by March 2017
- The aim of the initiative is to distributed soil health cards to 66 lakh farmers this year and to 14 crore peasants by 2017 by achieving the target.
- The Agriculture Minister highlights the need to convey modern technology in agriculture sector.
- Agriculture Minister – Radha Mohan Singh
Commemoration of 200th Birth Anniversary of Tatya Tope
The Ministry of Culture with the support of Nehru Memorial Museum and Library organized a Special Lecture and a National Conference as part of “Commemoration of Tatya Tope’s 200th Birth Anniversary”.
- Makkhan Lal, of Delhi Institute of Heritage Research and Management, New Delhi gave the Special Lecture on the topic of ‘First War of Independence and the Indian Nation’.
About Dr.Rajesh Tope :
Dr.Rajesh Tope, one of the fourth generation descendents of Tatya Tope, explored Tatya Tope’s Operation Red Lotus in 1857 as a Maratha-Mughal alliance against the British and highlighted that 1857 was a Battle that was lost, but the War was won.
The first Silk Road train arrives in Tehran to connect China and Iran arrived in Tehran.The train is carrying 32 containers of commercial products from eastern Zhejiang province.The track is completed in 14 days.
- It is a journey of 9,500-kilometre (5,900-mile) from Kazakstan and Turkmenistan.
Sindh becomes first Pakistan province to adopt Hindu Marriage Bill
Sindh become the first Pakistani Assembly to adopt the Hindu Marriage Bill by allowing the minority community to register their marriages.
- The bill now proves as a concrete way for registration of marriage and divorce for the Hindu community in Pakistan.
- The Parliamentary Affairs Minister Nisar Khuhro had passed the bill to entire Sindh province, which has a significant population of Hindus.
- The Marriage bill fixes the minimum age of marriage at 18.
BANKING & FINANCE
In accordance with the Monster Salary Index (MSI) report, Information Technology sector in India is the highest paying sector with a median gross hourly salary of Rs 346.42. On the other hand, Indian manufacturing sector stood at last as it pays the least at Rs 254.04.
- IT sector has been followed by Banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) sector with a median salary of 300.23.
RBI announces liquidity measures for March 2016
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had announced the liquidity measures for March 2016 for a combination of appropriate instruments and for adequate additional liquidity infusion.
- It will taper the cash conditions due to advance tax payments by corporate.
- Banks will provide now flexibility to the banking system in its liquidity management by March-end 2016.
- Headquarters of RBI – Mumbai
- Governor of RBI – Raghuram Rajan
- RBI founded – April 1 1935
India GDP likely to clock 7.8% growth in 2016: Nomura
Nomura had reported that the India’s GDP growth will likely to clock at 7.8% growth in year 2016.
- Nomura is a Japanese financial holding company.
- The factor that helps in the growth sector includes low commodity prices, improving unrestricted demand and expenditure boost from the Seventh Pay Commission.
- GDP in India is reported by the World Bank Group
- The Annual GDP Growth Rate is reported by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI).
Tata Teleservices subsidiary mRUPEE tied-up with IRCTC
Telecom major Tata Teleservices announced that its subsidiary mRUPEE has tied up with e-commerce behemoth Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to provide an additional payments gateway.
- According to the telcom major, it has entered into a payments gateway tie-up with IRCTC through its subsidiary “mRUPEE”.
- Its association will allow users one-tap payments options for all railway ticket bookings via mRUPEE wallet.
Key points :
- Chief operating officer for mRUPEE – Pradeep K.Sampath
- CEO of IRCTC : K. Manocha
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
The 2016 Grammy Awards ceremony was held at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California to recognize the best recordings, compositions and artists of the year.
- Kendrick Lamar has won 11 awards followed by Taylor Swift (7) and Max Martin(6).
- The Grammy Awards were instigated in 1959.
- These are presented by National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS).
After the recently announced “Swachh Sarvekshan-2016”, Union Minister of Urban Development Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu conferred the trophies and mementos to 15 cities from across the country in recognition of their work in improving sanitation in urban areas.
- First 3 cities – Mysore, Chandigarh and Tiruchirapalli
Indian-origin couple in New Zealand awarded longest—married pair at 99
An Indian origin couple both aged 99 who have taken part in India’s freedom struggle, have been awarded New Zealand’s longest married couple by a group
- Auckland couple Jeram Ravji and Ganga Ravji, who will turn 100 in May and June respectively, will be celebrating their 81st wedding anniversary in two months.
- He moved to New Zealand in 1928 when he was 11, five years after the pair became betrothed at age six in 1922. They married at 19 and lived as a family in New Zealand from 1953, first in Whanganui before moving to Auckland in 1981.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Devaraja Reddy elected as the new ICAI President
Devaraja Reddy as appointed as the president of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) who has been a chartered accountant for 28 years.He has as Vice President of ICAI for the Council Year 2015-16.
About ICAI :
- ICAI is a statutory body established by the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 for the regulation of the profession of Chartered Accountants in India.
- The affairs of the ICAI are managed by a Council in accordance with the provisions of the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 and the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988.
- The Council is composed of 40 members of whom 32 are elected by the members and remaining 8 are nominated by the Central Government generally .
Chad appoints Albert Pahimi Padacke as its new prime minister
Chad’s president has appointed a new prime minister, Albert Pahimi Padacke.He will replace Kalzeube Pahimi Deubet . He had served as Prime Minister for more than two years.
- Chad Capital: N’Djamena
- Chad Currency: CFA Franc
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
India’s indigenously developed Prithvi-II missile had been successfully test-fired from the Chandipur, Odisha.
- Prithvi II is capable of carrying 500 kg to 1,000 kg of warheads.
- It has a strike range of 350 km.
- It is a surface to surface medium range ballistic missile.
DIAL launches mobile application ‘DIAL Cargo’
Delhi International Airport Ltd (DIAL) has launched a mobile application for cargo operations that will help reduce paper work and track movement of shipments on real time basis.
- DIAL in conjunction with the air cargo industry has launched a business friendly and comprehensive mobile application that can also integrate the messages received from Customs Electronic Data Interchange System and the Directorate General Systems and Data Management, Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC)
DIAL CEO: Prabhakara Rao
The 12th South Asian Games 2016 title has been clinched by India, which were held atGuwahati and Shillong, India from 5 February to 16 February 2016.
- Participated nations – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka
- Mascot – Tikhor (Baby Rhino): Tikhor carries the message of Peace, Progress, and Prosperity in the South Asian region
- Motto – “Play for Peace, Progress and Prosperity”
- Anthem – A famous Assamese song, “Ei Prithibi Ek Krirangan” (The world is a playground) by Bhupen Hazarika.
Thiem Wins Buenos Aires Title Over Almagro
Dominic Thiem an Austrian tennis player wins the Buenos Aires Title over the Nicolas Almagro a Spanish professional tennis player by 7-6 3-6 7-6 in the Argentina Open.
- He claimed his fourth career title after this.
- He is the youngest player in the top 20 and ranked 19th in the world.
- He won the title after winning four three-setters in Buenos Aires.
- Capital of Austria – Vienna
- Currency of Austria – Euro