India’s indigenously developed Prithvi-II missile had been successfully test-fired from the Chandipur, Odisha.
- Prithvi II is capable of carrying 500 kg to 1,000 kg of warheads.
- It has a strike range of 350 km.
- It is a surface to surface medium range ballistic missile.
- Scientists from Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) had monitored its activities.
- The Strategic Force Command (SFC) had checked its performance and launched activities.
- The missile test was carried out from a mobile launcher from launch complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR).
- It is thruster by liquid impulsion twin engines.
- Under India’s prestigious IGMDP (Integrated Guided Missile Development Program) Prithvi II is the first missile to be developed by DRDO
- Prithvi II is developed for theIndian Air Force.
- It has aninertial navigation system which will help in improved navigation.
- It was firstly test-fired on January 27, 1996 and then the development stages were completed in 2004.
- Prithvi II was introduced into India’s Strategic Forces Command in 2003.
About Strategic Force Command
- TheStrategic Forces Command (SFC) is responsible for the management and administration of the country’s tactical and strategic nuclear weapons supply.
- SFC is also known asStrategic Nuclear Command as a part of India’s Nuclear Command Authority (NCA).
- It was established on January 4, 2003.
- Air Marshal Teja Mohan Asthana became its first commander-in-chief.
- SFC manages and administers all strategic forces.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification