Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- As per the Monster Salary Index (MSI) report, which of the following sector is the highest paying sector in India ?
D.ManufacturingAnswer – C.Information Technology
Explanation – In accordance with the Monster Salary Index (MSI) report, Information Technology sector in India is the highest paying sector with a median gross hourly salary of Rs 346.42.
- Prithvi-II missile was successfully test fired from the Chandipur, off Odisha coast. What is the launch mode of Prithvi-II missile ?
D.Surface-to-SurfaceAnswer – D.Surface-to-Surface
Explanation – Indigenously developed Prithvi-II missile was successfully test fired from the Chandipur, off Odisha coast. It is surface to surface medium range ballistic missile with a strike range of 350 km.
- Recently, M.Venkaiah Naidu conferred the trophies and mementos to leading 15 cities of “Swachh Sarvekshan-2016”. Which of the following city bagged the award for overall best performing city ?
D.MysoreAnswer – D.Mysore
Explanation – Recently, M.Venkaiah Naidu conferred the trophies and mementos to laeding 15 cities of “Swachh Sarvekshan-2016”, out of which Mysore has been awarded for the overall best performing city.
- Which of the following has made a maximum wins during 2016 Grammy Awards ?
D.Max MartinAnswer – B.Kendrick Lamar
Explanation – The 2016 Grammy Awards ceremony was held at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California to recognize the best recordings, compositions and artists of the year. Kendrick Lamar has won 11 awards followed by Taylor Swift (7) and Max Martin (6).
- To run goods trains in cold conditions, railways has joined hands with which of the following country for technical cooperation in rail sector between both countries ?
D.SwedenAnswer – D.Sweden
Explanation – Railways joined hands with Sweden for technical cooperation in rail sector between both nations. MoU envisages upgradation of technology to preserve commodities during adverse weather in freight operation. During the “Make in India” week.
- Minister for Heavy Industry & Public Enterprise unveiled the National Capital Goods Policy. Who is the Minister for Heavy Industry & Public Enterprise ?
D.Birender SinghAnswer – B.Anant Geete
Explanation – GOI has unveiled a National Capital Goods Policy to give an impetus to the capital goods sector during “Make in India” week. The policy envisages increasing exports from the current 27% to 40% of production.
- Which of the following was the Mascot for 12th South Asian Games 2016 ?
D.RhinoAnswer – C.Tikhor
Explanation – The 12th South Asian Games 2016 title has been clinched by India, which were held at Guwahati and Shillong. The mascot was Tikhor (Baby Rhino).
- India is exploring the possibility of signing an agreement with which of the following nation on information exchange on criminals ?
D.USAnswer – C.UK
Explanation – India will explore the possibility of signing an agreement with the United Kingdom on exchanging information about criminals. There are 131 pending requests from New Delhi on extradition of wanted persons under the Extradition Treaty.
- Government has set a target to distribute 14 crore Soil Health Cards in the country by what time ?
D.March 2017Answer – D.March 2017
Explanation – Government has set a target to distribute 14 crore Soil Health Cards in the country by March 2017. In order to make this happen, foundation stone of Agriculture Technology Application Research Institute was laid in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim.
- Which of the following has become the first provincial legislature in Pakistan to formalise the recognition of marriages of the Hindu, Sikh and Jain minorities ?
D.BalochistanAnswer – B.Sindh
Explanation – The Sindh Assembly passed the Hindu Marriage Bill 2015, becoming the first provincial legislature in Pakistan to formalise the recognition of marriages of the Hindu, Sikh and Jain minorities.
- Japanese financial services firm “Nomura” has forcasted India’s growth to how much percent in the next fiscal ?
D.7.6%Answer – C.7.8%
Explanation – According to the Japanese financial services firm “”Nomura”, India is expected to clock a GDP growth of 7.8% in 2016-17.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has designated which of the following as its President ?
C.Nilesh Shivji Vikamsey
D.M. Devaraja ReddyAnswer – D.M. Devaraja Reddy
Explanation – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has elected M. Devaraja Reddy as its new President. He will succeed Manoj Fadnis.
- Which of the following has launched a mobile application for cargo operations that will help reduce paper work and track movement of shipments on real time basis ?
D.CIALAnswer – C.DIAL
Explanation – Delhi International Airport Ltd (DIAL) has launched a mobile application “DIAL Cargo” for cargo operations that will help reduce paper work and track movement of shipments on real time basis.
- Which of the following has clinched the Argentina Open title ?
D.Rafael NadalAnswer – B.Dominic Thiem
Explanation – Austria’s Dominic Thiem has clinched the title of Argentina Open by defeating Nicolas Almagro by 7-6(2), 3-6, 7-6(4).
- Which of the following has become the prime minister of Chad ?
B.Albert Pahimi Padacke
C.Youssouf Saleh Abbas
D.Kalzeubet Pahimi DeubetAnswer – B.Albert Pahimi Padacke
Explanation – African nation Chad has appointed as prime minister following the resignation of his predecessor Kalzeubet Pahimi Deubet.