Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exam.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
The nation’s first gender park to come up in the India’s Digital state Kerala, and it will be inaugurated by President Pranab Mukherjee in Kozhikode.
- The Complex named Thantedam Gender Park will come up at Vellimadukunnu in Kozhikode District, and the laid foundation stone put down on March 8 2013 by the Kerela Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
- The park is initiative mooted by Social Justice Department of Kerala
Seismic Microzonation reports for Delhi and Kolkata has been released by Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences Dr. Harsh Vardhan in New Delhi.
- In order to minimize the damage of natural calamities like earthquake, microzonation is a measure where the emphasis on the impact of earthquake on the habitat is given.
Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP)’s expert committee to examine the possibility of replacing multiple prior permissions with pre-existing regulatory mechanism has submitted its recommendations aimed at promoting ease of doing business in the country.
- In order to make India as one of the most attractive investment destinations, the 11 member committee headed by Ajay Shankar recommended to create an investor friendly pre-existing regulatory framework replacing multiple prior permissions with adequate safeguards.
Karnataka announces housing scheme for Transgenders
Karnataka government has announced housing scheme for transgenders who have been facing rejection in the society
- Bengaluru development minister K J George announced the scheme which has around 600 houses built in the extension of the city for transgenders
- This has been built in 50 acres land
- The Bengaluru Urban Administration has been asked to come up with a blueprint
Sonam kapoor starrer ‘Neerja’ declared tax free in Delhi
The movie ‘Neerja’ starring Sonam Kapoor in the lead role has been declared tax free in Delhi and UP followed by Maharashtra and Gujarat. The movie is based on the real life of Neerja Bhanot .
- Neerja Bhanot, a young flight attendant was shot dead while saving 350 passengers from terrorists on hijacked plane in 1986
- The film ‘Neerja’ based on this real life story was declared tax free by Maharastra and Gujarat initially and now Delhi and UP have also given tax exemption for the movie
- Announcement was made by deputy CM Manish Sisodia in Delhi while Uttar Pradesh CM– Akhilesh yadav tweeted about this yesterday
13th World spice congress begins in Ahmedabad
13th world spice congress-an event conducted by spices board, the cochin hill produce merchant association and All India Spices Importers & Distributors Association begins in Ahmedabad.
- It is a three day event. Around 1000 attendants are likely to participate in the event
- Slogan: ‘Target 2020: clean, safe and sustainable supply chain’
- India controls almost half of the world trade of spices contributing 48% in volume and 43% value in world spice trade
- It exports 18% of the total production
Bolivia’s President loses referendum for fourth term
Bolivian president Evo Morales lost his fourth term referendum to continue in office. He has been defeated for the first time since he came into reign in 2006.
- With 41% votes polled 51.33% votes polled against him and 48.67% in favour of him
- He is Bolivia’s first indigenous president who tried to alleviate poverty by distributing Natural gas equally among people
- But his move towards Socialism Party was accused of scandals resulting in his fall
BANKING & FINANCE
EPFO has tightened norms for withdrawal of Provident Fund as well as investment in Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana.
- When the norms comes into force Provident Fund Subscribers will not be able to claim their withdrawal of their fund once they attain the age of 54, they would have to wait up to 57 Years.
- Earlier subscribers were allowed to withdraw their fund of 90% in their PF accounts at the age of 54 and their claims were given one year before the Retirement.
Promotion of cashless transactions
Union cabinet chaired under PM Narendra Modi gave its approval to promote cashless transactions. The government has many short term and medium term measures to be taken to support this.
- It will be helpful in promoting cashless transactions which will be vital in avoiding Tax-evasion and a move to transform into digital cashless world from cash transactions
- To supplement this, Government has withdrawn the charges levied for using debit cards and other means of money transfer through cards and introduction of acceptance infrastructure in Government organizations
- The introduction of Payment and settlement systems Act,2007 has resulted in penetration of modern card and digital payment systems in the country
- Yet, the charges levied for using cards make it difficult for people to use cards more frequently
UP Government signs pact with OLA
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilessh yadav Signed Pact with Taxi Giant OLA to create over 50, 000 entrepreneurs’ opportunities across the state.
- OLA will work with state government in the state’s Skill Developing among Youth and providing Entrenurship Opportunities for 50, 000 men and women of the state.
- The pact will be in force for the next five years, OLA will rollout various initiatives such as OLA Auto, OLA Share, and OLA Shuttle throughout the state.
- There are 2, 100 have done registration from OLA and it would be expected to increase 20, 000 Vehicles in the next five Years.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister:Akhilessh Yadav
- Governor: Ram Naik
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Dinanath Mangeshkar prize will be conferred upon filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali and actor Ranveer Singh. The award will be presented during an event on April 24 that is scheduled to be held in Pune.
- In order to commemorate Pandit Dinanath Mangeshkar’s death anniversary, ever year Mangeshkars honour the finest artistes in India.
- The award carries monetary award of 101001 rupees, a memento and a citation.
Greater Noida based Father Agnel School is awarded India’s greenest School in the Nation. Anil Agarwal founded Centre for Science and Environment have granted the award to the school as part of the Green School Programme promoted by the CSE.
- Father Agnel School – Greater Noida
- Queen’s Valley School– Delhi.
- Government senior Secondary School– Shimla
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
European Football Administrator Gianni Infantino has been elected as FIFA president, He will Succeed Scandal tainted Former president Swiss Sepp Blatter who had led the Body since 1998 suspended from the post for Six years.
- He was the Lawyer from Valais region of Switzerland and Hold Italian Nationality.
- He is the General secretary of UEFA since 2009
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Restaurant cash-back app, Zaggle, launched
Phani N raj has launched Cash-back app Zaggle which benefits the customers through Cash back on every bill they pay at food outlets, the $ 2million has been invested by the company on this initiative.
- Presently there are 1400 Zaggle outlets in Hyderabad and Pune that includes Restaurants, Bars and clubs.
- The Company Pledged to invest $8 million additionally, the Company’s LIVE Zaggle available in IOS and Android platforms crossed 70, 000 downloads since its launch six week ago.
Gurmeet Singh from Uttarkhand created record that he clocked 1:21:24:57 to clinch Gold Medal against the Rio Olympics Qaulifying Standard of one hour and 24 Minutes in Jaipur Rajasthan.
- The Staggering number of seven members were created record in 20 Km Race Walkers, While Ganapathi K from Tamilnadu and Sandeep Kumar from Haryana were finished second and third places respectively.
Mumbai won the Ranji trophy title beating Saurashtra by an innings and 21 runs winning the title for 41st time.
- Mumbai took Saurashtra in their finals which they won by an innings and 21 runs
- Siddhesh lad took the team to victory with his partner Balwinder Singh Sandhu scoring a partnership of 104 runs off 99 balls
2016 Qatar Total Open
The 14th edition of $2,818,000 Qatar Total Open 2016 was a professional women’s tennis tournament played on hard courts. It was held atInternational Tennis and Squash complex in Doha, Qatar between 21 and 27 February 2016.
- Singles – Jelena Ostapenko of Latvia has clinched the title by defeating Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain.
- Doubles – Taipei Chan Hao-ching / Taipei Chan Yung-jan of China defeated Sara of Italy/ Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain.
Highlight of event: “Satina” winning streak halted:
World no.1 legendary pair of Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis has been defeated in the quarterfinals of the Qatar Open by Russian pair Elena Vesnina and Daria Kasatkina by 2-6, 6-4, 10-5.
- This duo lost for the first time in 41 matches.
B K Garudachar the oldest living cricketer of India died at the age of 99. He represented Mysore, United province and Bombay first class cricket matches.
- A Right hand batsman and leg break spin bowler scored 1126 runs in first class matches between 1935 and 1946
- He had an average of 63 from 27 matches in first class cricket