Mumbai won the Ranji trophy title beating Saurashtra by an innings and 21 runs winning the title for 41st time.
- Mumbai took Saurashtra in their finals which they won by an innings and 21 runs
- Siddhesh lad took the team to victory with his partner Balwinder Singh Sandhu scoring a partnership of 104 runs off 99 balls
- This changed the situation upside down t where initially Mumbai with 36 runs lead at 276-9 took a 136 run lead at the end of the match
- Pujara led Saurashtra team lost all their wickets for 115 making it an innings and 21 run win for Mumbai at Pane’s MCA stadium
Points to note
- Mumbai clinched 41 out of total 82 Ranji trophy matches making it 50% of the total win so far
- Mumbai have Won 41 out of the 45 final matches which they have played
- Shreyas Iyer, the Mumbai captain scored 1317 runs-the second highest in a Ranji trophy innings
- VVS Laxman leads the board with 1415 runs in 1999-2000 playing for Hyderabad
- Mumbai ended with 371 on board with lad and Sandhu scoring 104 for last wicket
- It broke its previous record for highest tenth wicket partnership in 1967
- Thakur finished off Saurashtra with his 5/26
- In 2012-13 the Ranji Trophy final got over inside three days – also between Mumbai and Saurashtra. Mumbai had won that by 125 runs.
- Mumbai had made just 355 runs on that occasion, this time making 371
- 24 Wickets by Jaydev Unadkat in the knockout matches, the most by a bowler in the knockout stages of any first-class tournament in India in the last ten year
- Ranji Trophy finals that have ended with an innings margin, in the last four seasons.
- It includes the two finals between Mumbai and Saurashtra (2012-13 and 2015-16), Karnataka had defeated Tamil Nadu in the last final, at Wankhede Stadium
Mumbai had clinched ten innings win in Ranji trophy most by any team.No other team have won ten Ranji trophy matches too