Dinanath Mangeshkar prize will be conferred upon filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali and actor Ranveer Singh. The award will be presented during an event on April 24 that is scheduled to be held in Pune.
- In order to commemorate Pandit Dinanath Mangeshkar’s death anniversary, ever year Mangeshkars honour the finest artistes in India.
- The award carries monetary award of 101001 rupees, a memento and a citation.
About Deenanath Mangeshkar:
1900 born Deenanath Mangeshkar was a well-known Marathi theatre actor, a renowned Natya Sangeet musician and a Hindustani classical vocalist.
- He is also the father of well-known singers Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, and Usha Mangeshkar as well as composers Hridayanath Mangeshkar and Meena Khadikar.
About Ranveer Singh
1985 born Ranveer Singh Bhavnani completed his bachelor’s degree from Indiana University, Bloomington. After returned to India he made his debut in 2010 with a leading role in romantic comedy Band Baaja Baaraat.
- He was starred in Lootera (2013), Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013), Gunday (2014), Dil Dhadakne Do (2015) and Bajirao Mastani (2015).
- For his first movie he was conferred with Filmfare Award in the Best Male Debut category.
- For Bajirao Mastani he was bestowed with Filmfare Award for Best Actor.
About Sanjay Leela Bhansali
1963 born is an Indian film director, producer, screenwriter and music director. He is an alumnus of the Film and Television Institute of India.
- He has highest grossing films like “Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam”, “Devdas”, “Black” and “Bajirao Mastani”.
- In 2013, also produced a television show “Saraswatichandra”.
He has been conferred with many national and international awards. Some are given as follows:
- In 2015, he was awarded with fourth highest civilian award of India, “Padma Shri”.
- In 2015, he also won National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment – Mary Kom as film’s producer.
- In 2016, Filmfare Best Director Award for Bajirao Mastani.