The first Silk Road train arrives in Tehran to connect China and Iran arrived in Tehran.The train is carrying 32 containers of commercial products from eastern Zhejiang province.The track is completed in 14 days.
- It is a journey of 9,500-kilometre (5,900-mile) from Kazakstan and Turkmenistan.
- The train revitalization the ancient Silk Road and gives impulsion to China’s ambitious One Belt One Road (OBOR) initiative.
About Silk Road
- The Silk Road is an ancient network of trade routes.
- It is central to cultural interaction through regions of the Asian continent connecting the West and East from China to the Mediterranean Sea.
- The Silk Road receives its name from the productive trade in Chinese silk carried out along its length during the Han dynasty (207 BCE – 220 CE).
- Trade on the Silk Road was a significant factor in the development of the civilizations of China.
- The Indian subcontinent, Persia, Europe, the Horn of Africa and Arabia, opening long-distance, political and economic relations between the civilizations.
- The Silk Road is served as a means of carrying out cultural trade among the civilizations along its network.
- Capital of China – Beijing
- Currency of China – Renminbi
- President of China – Xi Jinping
- Capital of Iran – Tehran
- Currency of Iran – Iranian rial
- Supreme leader of Iran – Ali Khamenei
- President of Iran – Hassan Rouhani
- Official language of Iran – Persian