UPSC Geo-Scientist 2023: Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC CGS Recruitment 2023 (Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination) on 21/09/2022. Notification is out for 285 Vacancies. Interested and Eligible candidates can apply online from 21/09/2022 to 11/10/2022. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fee structure, and important dates below. This will be an excellent opportunity for candidates who are aspiring to work in the Government sector. Candidates can go through this article for detailed information about the UPSC CGS 2023 Recruitment.
Name of the Post: Combined Geo-Scientist Exam
Post Date: 21/09/2022
No of Vacancies: 285
Place: Across India
Important Dates for UPSC CGS Recruitment 2023:
Knowing the dates for the UPSC CGS Exam is important for aspirants. Aspirants can apply online for the UPSC CGS 2023 Exam by using the UPSC official website or by using the direct apply link given below. At the bottom of the page, there are some quick instructions for completing the online application form. kindly follow the given instructions to apply online.
|UPSC CGS 2023 Notification Release Date||21/09/2022|
|Start Date to Apply Online||21/09/2022|
|Last Date to Apply Online||11/10/2022|
|Prelims Exam Date||19/02/2023|
|Mains Exam Date||24/06/2023 & 25/06/2023|
Vacancy Details of UPSC CGS Recruitment 2023:
The number of vacancies to be filled under UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2023 is given in the tabular column. The notification states that there are open positions for geologists, geophysicists, chemists, and scientists B. The below table contains the name of the post and the number of vacancies. Check vacancies here.
|S. No||Name of the Exam|
Number of Posts
|1||Geologist, Group A||216|
|2||Geophysicist, Group A||21|
|3||Chemist, Group A||19|
|4||Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology), Group ‘A’||26|
|5||Scientist ‘B’(Chemical) Group ‘A||01|
|6||Scientist ‘B’ (Geophysics) Group ‘A’||02|
UPSC Geologist Salary:
- Applicable as per Government rules.
UPSC CGS Age limit:
Candidates who have attained the following age limit are only eligible to apply for the UPSC CGS Recruitment 2022. Candidates must have the following age limit as on 01/01/2023.
|S. No||Minimum Age Limit|
Maximum Age Limit
|1||21 Years||32 years|
Age restrictions may apply according to the rules. The age relaxation for reserved (OBC, SC, ST, EXSM, PwD) categories is listed below.
- SC / ST – 05 years
- OBC – 03 years
- Ex-Servicemen – 5 years
- Person with Benchmark Disability – 10 Years
1. Geologist Group A
- Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo- Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Geochemistry.
2. Geophysicist Group A & Scientist ‘B’ (Geophysics)
- M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics).
3. For Chemist Gr ‘A’ & Scientist ‘B’ (Chemical)
- M.Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry.
4. For Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’:
- Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology or Hydrogeology.
The selection will be based on
- Personality Test / Interview
Candidates pay either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using any Visa / Master / RuPay Credit / Debit Card.
|S. No||Category||Application Fees|
|1||UR / OBC / Other||200/-|
|2||SC / ST / PWD / Women||Nil|
UPSC Geo-Scientist 2022 Apply Online:
How to Apply for UPSC CGS Recruitment 2022:
- Visit UPSC Official Website www.upsc.gov.in.
- Click ->Exam Notification ->UPSC CGS -> Apply Online.
- The Online Applications can be filled up to 11/10/2022.
- Register using a valid email-id and mobile number for registration.
- Fill in the application form with all relevant and correct details.
- Upload the required documents/certificates.
- Document Required: Photo ID viz. Aadhar Card / Voter Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving License / School Photo ID / Any other photo ID Card issued by the State / Central Government.
- Application Fee should be paid in any branch of the SBI by cash or by using the net banking facility of the SBI or by using a visa / master credit / debit card.
- Submit the Application.
- Take out a printout of the finally submitted application.