UPSC Geo-Scientist 2022: Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC CGS Recruitment 2022 (Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination). Notification is out for 192 Vacancies. Interested and Eligible candidates can apply online from 22/09/2021 to 12/10/2021. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fee structure, and important dates below. This will be a great opportunity for candidates who are aspiring to work in the Government sector. Candidates can go through this article for detailed information about the UPSC CGS recruitment process.
Name of the Post: Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam
Post Date: 22/09/2021
No of Vacancies: 192
Place: Across India
Important Dates for UPSC CGS Recruitment 2022:
|UPSC CGS 2021 Notification Release Date||22/09/2021|
|Start Date to Apply Online||22/09/2021|
|Last Date to Apply Online||12/10/2021|
|Prelims Exam Date||20/02/2022|
|Mains Exam Date||25/06/2022 & 26/06/2022|
Vacancy Details of UPSC CGS Recruitment 2021:
|S. No||Name of the Exam|
Number of Posts
|1||Geologist, Group A||100|
|2||Geophysicist, Group A||50|
|3||Chemist, Group A||20|
|4||Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology), Group ‘A’||20|
|5||Scientist ‘B’(Chemical) Group ‘A||01|
|6||Scientist ‘B’ (Geophysics) Group ‘A’||01|
UPSC Geologist Salary:
- Applicable as per Government norms.
|S. No||Minimum Age Limit|
Maximum Age Limit
|1||21 Years||32 years|
- SC / ST – 05 years
- OBC – 03 years
- Ex-Servicemen – 5 years
- Person with Benchmark Disability – 10 Years
1. Geologist Group A
- Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo- Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Geochemistry from a recognized University..
2. Geophysicist Group A & Scientist ‘B’ (Geophysics)
- M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a recognized University.
3. For Chemist Gr ‘A’ & Scientist ‘B’ (Chemical)
- M.Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a recognized University.
4. For Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’:
- Master’s degree in Geology or applied Geology or Marine Geology or Hydrogeology from a recognized University.
The selection will be based on
- Personality Test
Candidates should pay online.
|S. No||Category||Application Fees|
|1||UR / OBC / Other||200/-|
|2||SC / ST / PWD / Women||Nil|
UPSC Geo-Scientist 2022 Application form:
How to Apply for UPSC CGS Recruitment 2022:
- Candidates can apply online by visiting the official UPSC website upsconline.nic.in.
- The online application form contains two-stage viz. Part I and Part II and Candidates are required to complete both.
- Register using a valid and active Email Id for registration
- The Online Applications (Part I and II) can be filled upto 12/10/2021 till 6:00 PM.
- Candidates should upload the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Documents: photo ID viz. Aadhar Card / Voter Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving License / School Photo ID / Any other photo ID Card issued by the State / Central Government.
- Candidates need to pay the application fee.
- Submit the application and take a printout of the finally submitted application.