We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 22 & 23 August 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs August 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
2nd ‘Zair-Al-Bahr’ Maritime Exercise 2021 conducted between India and Qatari.On August 9-14, 2021, the 2nd edition of Bilateral Maritime Exercise Zair-Al-Bahr (Roar of the Sea) 2021 between the Indian Navy and Qatar Emiri Naval Force (QENF) was conducted in the Persian Gulf.
ii.It consisted of a three day harbour phase followed by a two day sea phase.
iii.Indian Navy Guided Missile Stealth Frigate INS (Indian Naval Ship) Trikand arrived at Qatar’s capital city, Doha for participation in the sea phase. It was commanded by Captain Harish Bahuguna.
About Indian Navy:
Chief of Naval Staff (CNS)– Admiral Karambir Singh (24th)
Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Navy)- New Delhi
>>Read Full News
India finalizes deal with Russia to buy AK-103 Rifles under Emergency ProcurementOn August 20, 2021, India finalized a deal with Russia for the procurement of a sizeable number of AK-103 series of assault rifles for the Indian Army under the provisions of emergency financial powers granted to the three services to make urgent purchases.
- This deal is on the lines of the mega infantry modernisation programme by the Indian Army for the replacement of its ageing and obsolete weapons with a large number of light machine guns, battle carbines and assault rifles.
- No specification on the number of rifles or the cost of procurement has been provided.
In October 2017, the Indian Army began the process to acquire around 7 lakh rifles, 44,000 light machine guns (LMGs) and nearly 44,600 carbines to further enhance the combat capability of the Army.
Points to be noted:
i.In September 2020, Ministry of Defence and Russian representatives inked a major deal for manufacturing ~ 6 lakh AK-47 203 rifles in India under ‘Make-in-India’ programme. These will be manufactured by the Indo-Russia Rifles Pvt. Ltd, a joint venture between the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB), the Kalashnikov Concern (manufacturer of the AK rifles) and Rosoboronexport, the Russian state agency for military exports.
ii.The AK-47 203 is the latest and most advanced version of the AK-47 rifle, which will replace the Indian Small Arms System (INSAS) 5.56×45 mm assault rifle that are currently in use with the Army, Navy and the Air Force.
It is the largest country in the world by area. Its Lake Baikal is the deepest and oldest lake in the world, and the largest freshwater lake by volume.
Currency– Russian Ruble
President– Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin
Tiwa tribe of Karbi Anglong district, Assam celebrated Wanchuwa Festival 2021On August 18, 2021, the Tiwa tribal community living in the hills celebrated the Wanchuwa festival 2021 in Morten Village in Karbi Anglong District of Assam. This festival is related to agriculture as it marks a good harvest and also involves prayers for protection from pests and natural calamities.
- On this day Tiwa tribesmen perform their traditional dance in their native attire along with a bunch of rituals performed by people clad in their native attires.
About Tiwa Tribe:
Also known as Lalung tribe, Tiwa tribe’s people are a part of Bodo Kachari group. They mainly live in Assam and Meghalaya and also found in some parts of Arunachal Pradesh and Manipur.
- The word ‘Ti’ means water and ‘Wa’ means superior.
AMTRON, Israel’s Corsight AI signs MoU to Set up AI Centre of Excellence at Tech City in GuwahatiAssam Electronics Development Corporation Limited (AMTRON) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Corsight AI, Israel based Software company to set up a Artificial Intelligence (AI) Centre of Excellence at Tech city in Guwahati, Assam.
- Objective: To provide facial recognition services through AI for the most challenging conditions such as recognising faces in extreme angles, moving crowds, low quality images, partially covered faces and others with personal privacy protection
- The MoU will establish a strong Facial Recognition Technology Development & Services portfolio which also includes setting up Facial Recognition Centre of Excellence (FR-CoE)
- I-Sec will be the strategic partner for AMTRON in this partnership. I-Sec offers modern technologies & solutions across all sectors from defence to space.
About Assam Electronics Development Corporation Limited (AMTRON)
Chairman – Ramendra Narayan Kalita
Headquarters – Guwahati, Assam
Prime Minister – Naftali Bennett
Capital – Jerusalem
Currency – Israeli Shekel
General Insurance Business (Nationalisation) Amendment Act, 2021 got the Assent of the PresidentGeneral Insurance Business(Nationalisation) Amendment 2021 got assent of the President Ramnath Kovind.This bill will amend the General Insurance Business (Nationalisation) Act of 1972.
Purpose of amendment :- The Act was enacted to nationalise all private companies undertaking general insurance business in India and it makes private sector participation in the public sector insurance companies regulated under the Act.
- General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC) was set up under the 1972 Act.The businesses of the companies nationalized under the Act were restructured in four subsidiaries of GIC: (i) National Insurance, (ii) New India Assurance, (iii) Oriental Insurance, and (iv) United India Insurance.
- The Act was amended in 2002 and the control of these four subsidiary companies has been transferred from GIC to the central government, the share holding of the Central Government in the General Insurance Corporation of India and the insurers referred to in section 10A (specified insurers) shall not be less than 51 per cent.
Points to be noted on New Amendment Bill
Change in the Definition
The Act classifies the General Insurance Business for fire, marine, or miscellaneous insurance.It excludes capital redemption and annuity certain business from the definition.The Bill removes this definition and instead, refers to the definition provided by the Insurance Act, 1938. Under the Insurance Act capital redemption and annuity certain are included within general insurance business.
Removes Shareholding of Government-
The bill removes the provision to section 10B of the act; it said to be to omit the minimum 51% shareholding of central government in specified insurers.
Transfer of control
The bill adds new section 24B ;it will not be applied to the specified insurers from the date on which the central government relinquishes control of the insurer.It will empower the central to notify workers of selected insurers about their terms and conditions of employment.
Liabilities of directors
The bill also inserts a new section 31A providing for liability of a director of specified
insurer, who is not a whole-time director, in respect of such acts of omission or
commission of the specified insurer which has been committed with his knowledge
and with his consent.
NTPC Launched India’s Largest Floating Solar PV Project in SimhadriOn August 21, 2021, India’s largest Power Producer, NTPC Ltd launched India’s largest Floating Solar PV (Photovoltaic) project with the capacity of 25MW on the reservoir of its Simhadri thermal station in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- The floating solar PV project became the 1st project to be set up under the Flexibilisation Scheme, which was notified by the Government of India in 2018.
- Potential: The floating solar project has the potential to generate electricity from more than 1 lakh solar PV modules.
- The project was inaugurated by Sanjay Madan, Regional Executive Director (WR2 & SR), NTPC.
- Now, NTPC Group has 71 power stations including 29 renewable projects with a total installed capacity of 66,900 MW.
About NTPC Ltd:
Establishment – 1975
Headquarters – New Delhi
CMD – Gurdeep Singh
>>Read Full News
UP Govt Renamed Kakori Kand to Kakori Train Action
The Uttar Pradesh (UP) government renamed the movement in the history of India’s freedom struggle, the ‘Kakori Kand’ to ‘Kakori Train action’.The word ‘Kand’ means conspiracy which denotes a sense of humiliation to the freedom struggle movement.so the word “kand” will be changed to action.
- Kakori Train action is a train robbery that took place at Kakori, a village near Lucknow, UP committed by the Indian freedom fighters against the British Raj on August 9, 1925.
- UP celebrated the anniversary of the ‘Kakori Train action’ under the program ‘Chauri Chaura Mahotsav’, which is going to complete 100 years in 2022.
Shanghai Ranking’s ARWU 2021: IISc Bangalore Topped in India;Harvard University Topped GloballyShanghai Ranking Consultancy released Academic Ranking of World Universities(ARWU) 2021 ranking for higher education Institutes. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore was selected as the best university in the country and University of Calcutta secured 2nd rank.
- Globally, Harvard University Topped the ranking & followed by Stanford University, University of Cambridge.
i.ARWU presents rankings of the world’s top 1000 research universities every year based on transparency and objective third-party data.
ii.The rankings are based on the six objective indicators to rank world universities, including the number of alumni and staff winning Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals, number of highly cited researchers selected by Clarivate Analytics, number of articles published in journals of Nature and Science, number of articles indexed in Science Citation Index – Expanded and Social Sciences Citation Index, and per capita performance of a university.
|Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore||1st (401-500)|
|University of Calcutta||2nd (601-700)|
|University of Cambridge||3rd|
About Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU):
Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) was first published in June 2003 by the Center for World-Class Universities (CWCU), Graduate School of Education (formerly the Institute of Higher Education) of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, and updated on an annual basis. Since 2009 the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) has been published and copyrighted by Shanghai Ranking Consultancy.
BANKING & FINANCE
NIPL Partnered With Mashreq Bank to Offer UPI Payments in UAENPCI International Payments Ltd (NIPL), the international arm of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), has partnered with the UAE (United Arab Emirates)-based Mashreq Bank to provide the Unified Payments Interface (UPI), the mobile-based real-time payment system, in the UAE.
- The partnership will support more than 2 million Indians, who are travelling to the UAE to make payments using UPI for their purchases in shops and merchant stores across UAE.
- The acceptance of UPI would boost the digital payment ecosystem in the UAE and also enable the wider reach of UPI in the international markets.
Partnership with Bhutan:
i.In July 2021, NIPL in partnership with the Royal Monetary Authority (RMA) of Bhutan implemented the Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) UPI QR-based payments in Bhutan.
ii.Bhutan became the 1st country to adopt India’s UPI standards for its QR deployment. Click here to know more
About NPCI International Payments Limited (NIPL):
It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NPCI, devoted to the deployment of NPCI’s indigenous, Real-Time Payment System – UPI and Card Scheme – RuPay, outside India.
Establishment – April 3, 2020
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO – Ritesh Shukla
>>Read Full News
Razorpay, Capital Float Partnered for BNPL Solution Walnut 369Fintech startup Capital Float Financial Services Pvt. Ltd partnered with Razorpay to extend its ‘buy now, pay later’ (BNPL) solution, the Walnut 369 to all Razorpay-enabled online merchants.
- Objective: Capital Float plans to extend its BNPL solutions to over 1 lakh partners and serve customers in 100 cities across India.
- Under the partnership, through Walnut 369, the customers could sign up while shopping, and get instant credit with zero documentation option.
- The customers could pay for purchases over 3, 6 or 9 months.
- The partnership will support online shoppers and new-to-credit customers.
- Through its Walnut app, the Capital Float also offers loans, insurance and personal finance management.
- Amazon India, Makemytrip, Spicejet, BoAT, Flo Mattresses, GoMechanic, Unacademy and Skullcandy were the latest brands that are included in Capital Float’s portfolio.
Headquarters – Bangalore, Karnataka
CEO & Co-Founder – Harshil Mathur.
About Capital Float Financial Services Pvt. Ltd;
Establishment – 2013
Headquarters – Bangalore, Karnataka
HDFC Introduced ‘Green & Sustainable’ FD; HDFC Life Released Life Freedom Index 2021 ReportHousing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) Ltd introduced fixed deposit (FD) named ‘Green & Sustainable Deposits’ to safeguard the environment from climate change.
- The Fixed deposit period ranges from 36-120 months. Both residents and Non-resident Indians (NRIs) are eligible to invest. The deposits would carry interest rates up to 6.55 percent per annum (p.a.).
-HDFC Life Released the Life Freedom Index 2021 Report
HDFC Life released its latest Life Freedom Index 2021 report. The report analyses the financial freedom of consumers across 4 different segments viz, Proud Parents, Wisdom Investors, Young Aspirants and Smart Women.
- Due to COVID-19, the LFI of 2021 was reduced by 4.8 points from 2019 due to the impact of COVID-19. Consumer confidence was also reduced after the 2 waves of COVID-19.
About HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd:
It is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd., and Standard Life Aberdeen
Establishment – 2000
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Vibha Padalkar
>>Read Full News
USAID, DFC Partners with Kotak Mahindra Bank for USD 50 mn Loan GuarantUnited States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the US International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) have partnered with Kotak Mahindra bank (KMB) for USD 50 MIllion (≅ INR 372 crore) loan Guarantee for Women Entrepreneurs and Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) across India
- KMB will extend its on-lending credit facilities to non-bank lenders operating in the MSMEs and microlending space.
- The program will be supported by Vivriti Capital, Chennai-based Non Banking Financial Company (NBFC). Vivriti capital will provide USD 1 mn first loss guarantee & analytical and sourcing support.
- The programme is likely to benefit 30,000 women borrowers and 7,500 MSMEs.
About United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Administrator – Samantha Power
Headquarters – Washington,D.C, United States of America
About Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB)
MD & CEO – Uday Kotak
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline – Let’s make money simple
>>Read Full News
Indifi Partners with Facebook India to Launch 1st of its Kind Small Business Loans ProgrammeIndifi, technology-based lending platform has partnered with Facebook India to launch 1st of its Kind Small Business Loans Programme. It will provide loans worth INR 5 lakh to 50 lakh for Small Businesses advertising in Facebook’s Platform.
- The loans will bear an interest rate of 17-20% and 0.2% additional reduction in the interest rate for the businesses owned by Women either partly or Wholly.
- The loans will be processed within 5 working days if the borrower submits the documents, without requiring any collateral.
- Indifi will decide on the eligibility criteria of the borrowers such as Creditworthiness & bear the risk of Loan defaults.
- Facebook will show its Advertisers about the programme and It won’t get involved in determining the eligibility of the borrowers, recovery etc..
MD & CEO – Alok Mittal
Headquarters – Gurugram, Haryana
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Mark Zuckerberg
Headquarters – California, United States of America
>>Read Full News
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
GoI Sets Up a Committee Headed by Sunil Sethi to Double the Production & Exports of Handlooms Government of India (GoI) has constituted a 8 member Committee for Doubling the Production & Quadrupling the Exports of Handlooms in a period of 3 years. The Committee will be headed by Sunil Sethi, Chairman, Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI), NewDelhi.
- The Committee shall submit its preliminary recommendations within 30 days & final report within 45 days from the day of its constitution.
The Terms of Reference (ToR) of the Committee
i.To suggest the strategy and policy framework for doubling the production and for improving the quality of handloom products with the aim of enhancing income of the weavers.
ii.To suggest measures for quadrupling exports of Handloom products.
iii.To suggest the measure for improving the input supplies (raw materials, credit, technology upgradation, skilling, designs etc. )
About Ministry of Textiles
Union Minister – Piyush Goyal (Rajya Sabha – Maharashtra)
Minister of State (MoS) – Darshana V Jardosh ( Constituency – Surat, Gujarat)
>>Read Full News
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Mahatma Gandhi: 1st Indian to posthumously conferred with Congressional Gold MedalMahatma Gandhi, the first Indian to posthumously receive the Congressional Gold Medal for his immense contribution to promote peace and non-violence. The congressional Gold Medal is the highest civilian award in the United States.
About the Award:
- The US Congress (legislature) has commissioned gold medals as its highest expression of national appreciation for distinguished achievements and contributions.
- The first recipients of the medal were participants of the American Revolution (1775-83), the War of 1812 and the Mexican War (1846-48).
- The scope was broadened to include actors, authors, entertainers, musicians, explorers, athletes, humanitarians and foreign recipients among pioneers in some other fields.
- It has been awarded to the 1980 US summer Olympics team, Robert F. Kennedy, Nelson Mandela,Mother Terasa and George Washington among many others.
- Most recently, the medal was awarded to the US Capitol Police and those who protected the US Capitol on 6th January 2021, the day of the siege.
12 Indian companies in the top-500 list of Hurun Global 500 Most Valuable Companies 2021
Hurun Global 500 List 2021 released by Hurun Research Institute.It is a list of the 500 most valuable non-state-controlled companies in the world ranked according to their value, defined as market capitalization for listed companies and valuations for non-listed companies.Reliance Industries Ltd topped the list of Indian companies with a global rank 57.
- As per the Hurun Global 500 Most Valuable Companies list 2021, Apple is the world’s most valuable company (USD 2,443 billion) and followed by Microsoft (USD 2114 billion) and Amazon (USD 1802 billion) got the 2nd and 3rd place in the list respectively.
- 12 Indian companies has listed in the Hurun Global 500 Most Valuable Companies 2021.
- India is ninth by the number of companies featured on the list, which is led by the U.S. (243) and followed by China (47), Japan (30) and the U.K.
- The ranking of companies like Tata Consultancy Services(TCS), HDFC Bank, HDFC and Bharti Airtel declined compared to the previous year.
Acetabularia jalakanyakae: New algae species discovered on the Island of Andaman & NicobarA team of marine biologists from the Central University of Punjab(CUP) has discovered a new marine algae species with an umbrella-like cap on the Islands of the Andaman and Nicobar. The new species has been named ‘Acetabularia jalakanyakae’, after the Sanskrit word ‘Jalakanyaka’ which means ‘Goddess of Oceans’ or ‘mermaid’.
Cephalanthera erecta var. oblanceolata: rare orchid species discovered in Uttarakhand:
Uttarakhand Forests Department has discovered a rare species of orchid named paper Cephalanthera erecta var. oblanceolata (Orchidaceae). This species has been found for the 1st time in India in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand.
>>Read Full News
Overview of Tokyo 2020 Summer Paralympic GamesThe Tokyo 2020 Summer Paralympic Games will be held from 24th August – 5th September, 2021.
- The official Mascot is ‘Someity’.
- For the 1st time, Badminton & Taekwondo will be Introduced by replacing Sailing and 7-a-side football.
India sends largest ever contingent for Paralympics
India will field their largest contingent ever in the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
- A total of 54 Athletes will compete in 9 Sporting events. Only 19 Indian Athletes competed in the 2016 Rio Paralympics.
- The 9 events are Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Para Canoeing, Powerlifting, Shooting, Swimming, Table Tennis and Taekwondo.
- High Jumper Mariyappan Thangavelu (Won Gold at the 2016 Rio Paralympics) will be the flag-bearer of India in the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Paralympics.
Anurag Thakur launched Theme Song ‘Kar De Kamaal Tu’ for Paralympics
Union Sports Minister, Anurag Thakur and Minister of State for Home Affairs Nisith Pramanik has launched the Theme Song, ‘Kar De Kamaal Tu’ for India’s Paralympic Contingent at the 2020 Tokyo Summer Paralympics Games.
The song is composed & sung by Sanjeev Singh, Divyang Cricket Player. .
About International Paralympic Committee
President – Andrew Parsons
Headquarters – Bonn, Germany
>>Read Full News
Former Indian Footballer Chinmoy Chatterjee Passed Away
Former Indian International Footballer (defender) Chinmoy Chatterjee has passed away at his residence in Khardah, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal. He hails from West Bengal.
He was a part of the Indian football team during the 1978 Bangkok Asian Games.
- He has represented the Mohun Bagan and East Bengal in the Calcutta Football league(CLF).
- He has also represented West Bengal in 4 Santosh Trophy matches and has won 3 of them.
- He has served as the assistant coach of East Bengal, after his retirement.
World Senior Citizens’ Day 2021 – August 21World Senior Citizen’s Day is annually observed across the globe on 21st August to recognise and acknowledge the contribution of the elders to society and their inclusiveness in society. The day aims to create awareness about the issues and challenges faced by the elderly.
i.The World Senior Citizens’ Day was officially founded by the former President of the United States of America Ronald Regan.
ii.He took the initiative to honour the senior citizens in 1998 and signed the proclamation 5847 and marked the 21st August of every year as World Senior Citizens’ Day.
UN’s International Day of Older Persons:
The United Nations(UN) International Day of Older Persons is annually observed on 1st October.
>>Read Full News
International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism 2021 August 21United Nations(UN)’s International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism is annually observed across the globe on 21st August to honour and support the victims and survivors of terrorism. The day also aims to promote and protect the human rights and fundamental freedom of the victims of terrorism.
- 21st August 2021 marks the 4th commemoration of the International Day of Remembrance of and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism.
The theme of the International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism 2021 is “Connections”.
i.United Nations General Assembly(UNGA), adopted the resolution A/RES/72/165 on 19th December 2017 and proclaimed the 21st August of every year as International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism.
ii.The first International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism was observed on 21st August 2018.
About United Nations Office of Counter-Terrorism (UNOCT):
Under-Secretary-General– Vladimir Voronkov
Established on 15 June 2017
Headquarters- New York, United States
>>Read Full News
Telangana CM K Chandrasekhar Rao rolls out Dalit Bandhu Scheme The Chief Minister(CM) of Telangana, Kalvakuntla Chandrashekhar Rao, launched Dalit Bandhu scheme by releasing the financial aid of Rs 7.60 crore for 76 Dalit families in Vasalamarri village of Alair Assembly constituency in Yadadri Bhuvanagiri district, Telangana.
- The funds were issued by the Scheduled Castes development department through Government Order (GO). In this regard, Telangana Scheduled Castes Co-operative Development Corporation (TSCCDC) to hand over the aid to the district collector
About Dalit Bandhu scheme:
After the above launch, the scheme was officially launched at Shalapally village in Huzurabad assembly constituency by the CM.
- Under the scheme every Dalit beneficiary family will be provided Rs 10 lakh and the beneficiaries are free to spend the money as desired but are advised to use it to create a source of revenue.
i.A total funds of Rs 1.70 lakh crore would be required to cover all the Rs 17 lakh Dalit families in the state.
ii.In the first phase priority will be given to the families belonging to the poorest of the poor and downtrodden sections. In the 4th phase it will be extended to government staff and retired employees.
Governor– Tamilisai Soundararajan
National Parks– KBR National Park, Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park, and Mrugavani National Park
Wildlife Sanctuaries– Eturnagaram Wildlife Sanctuary, Shivaram Wildlife Sanctuary, and Kinnerasani Wildlife Sanctuary
Arunachal Pradesh Cabinet Approves Credit-linked Schemes to Boost Agriculture, HorticultureThe cabinet of Arunachal Pradesh has approved 2 credit-linked schemes to boost the economy of the state through agriculture and horticulture. These 2 schemes will facilitate Rs 300 crore investment in the agro-based sector.
- The government of Arunachal Pradesh has set aside Rs 60 crore of subsidy for Atma Nirbhar Krishi Yojana for agriculture and Atma Nirbhar Bagwani Yojana for horticulture during 2021-22 fiscal.
Features of the Schemes:
i.These programmes will have 3 components, Bank Loans, Subsidy and Beneficiaries contribution.It was decided that the share of subsidy would be 45 per cent in the schemes, while a beneficiary needs to contribute 10 per cent and the rest will be bank loans.
ii.The schemes will be available for cultivators, Self Helf Groups(SHG) and farmer producer organisations(FPO).
iii.Under these programmes, farmers will get up to Rs 1.6 lakh with no collateral or bank guarantee and self-help Groups will get up to Rs 10 lakh.
The people across the state can apply for the scheme at the deputy commissioner office of their district.
About Arunachal Pradesh:
Chief Minister- Pema Khandu
National Park– Mouling National park; Namdapha National Park
Wildlife Sanctuary– Talle Wildlife Sanctuary; Eagle Nest Wildlife Sanctuary
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 22 & 23 August 2021|
|1||2nd ‘Zair-Al-Bahr’ Maritime Exercise 2021 conducted between India and Qatar|
|2||India finalizes deal with Russia to buy AK-103 Rifles under Emergency Procurement|
|3||Tiwa tribe of Karbi Anglong district, Assam celebrated Wanchuwa Festival 2021|
|4||AMTRON, Israel’s Corsight AI signs MoU to Set up AI Centre of Excellence at Tech City in Guwahati|
|5||General Insurance Business (Nationalisation) Amendment Act, 2021 got the Assent of the President|
|6||NTPC Launched India’s Largest Floating Solar PV Project in Simhadri|
|7||UP Govt Renamed Kakori Kand to Kakori Train Action|
|8||Shanghai Ranking’s ARWU 2021: IISc Bangalore Topped in India;Harvard University Topped Globally|
|9||NIPL Partnered With Mashreq Bank to Offer UPI Payments in UAE|
|10||Razorpay, Capital Float Partnered for BNPL Solution Walnut 369|
|11||ICICI Bank, SBI Cards Leads New issuance of Credit card as HDFC Bank under Temporary Halt|
|12||USAID, DFC Partners with Kotak Mahindra Bank for USD 50 mn Loan Guarant|
|13||Indifi Partners with Facebook India to Launch 1st of its Kind Small Business Loans Programme|
|14||GoI Sets Up a Committee Headed by Sunil Sethi to Double the Production & Exports of Handlooms|
|15||Gandhi: 1st Indian to get Congressional Gold Medal|
|16||Many Indian Cos Slip in Global Valuation Ranking, Highest Ranked RIL Dips 3 Places|
|17||Acetabularia jalakanyakae: New algae species discovered on the Island of Andaman & Nicobar|
|18||Overview of Tokyo 2020 Summer Paralympic Games|
|19||Former Indian Footballer Chinmoy Chatterjee Passed Away|
|20||World Senior Citizens’ Day 2021 – August 21|
|21||International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to the Victims of Terrorism 2021 August 21|
|22||Telangana CM K Chandrasekhar Rao rolls out Dalit Bandhu Scheme|
|23||Arunachal Pradesh Cabinet Approves Credit-linked Schemes to Boost Agriculture, Horticulture|