AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 21 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In August 2021, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched ‘Defense India Startup Challenge (DISC) 5.0’ to develop India’s Defense Manufacturing capabilities under which organisation?
1) Defence Research and Development Organisation
2) Military Engineer Services
3) Innovations for Defense Excellence-Defense Innovation Organisation
4) Indigenous Defence Equipment Exporters Association
5) Directorate of Military Intelligence
Answer-3) Innovations for Defense Excellence-Defense Innovation Organisation
Rajnath Singh, Ministry of Defense (MoD) had launched ‘Defense India Startup Challenge (DISC) 5.0’ under Innovations for Defense Excellence-Defense Innovation Organisation (iDEX-DIO).
i. iDEX-DIO was launched in 2018 by the Department of Defense Production, MoD to innovate technology in defence and aerospace sectors.
- In August 2021, the Supreme Court of India allowed the entry of women into which organisation?
1) National Defence Academy
2) Indian Space Research Organisation
3) Union Public Service Commission
4) Indian Post
5) HIndustan Aeronautics Limited
Answer-1) National Defence Academy
The Supreme Court allowed Women candidates to appear in the upcoming National Defense Academy (NDA) examination conducted by the Union Public Services Commission .
- In August 2021, RamNath Kovind approved the ______ Constitution Amendment Act restoring the power of States & UTs to identify and specify ____________.
1) 105th; Socially and Educationally backward Classes
2) 105th; Persecuted religious minorities
3) 106th; Socially and Educationally backward Classes
4) 106th; Persecuted religious minorities
5) 107th; Identify Transgender Classes
Answer-1) 105th; Socially and Educationally backward Classes
The President, Ram Nath Kovind approved the Constitution (127th Amendment) Bill which had changed into the Constitution (105th Amendment) Act, 2021. It will restore the power of states and Union Territories to identify and specify Socially and Educationally backward Classes.
i. It has also amended articles 338B , 342-A and 366(26C) of the Indian Constitution.
- Name the organization that signed (in Aug’ 21) USD 500 million loans to GoI to expand the metro rail network in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
1) International Monetary Fund
2) International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
3) European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
4) New Development Bank
5) Asian Development Bank
Answer-5) Asian Development Bank
The Asian Development Bank will provide USD 500 million loans to the Government of India to expand the metro rail network in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
About Asian Development Bank
Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Manila, Philippines
President of ADB: Masatsugu Asakawa
- Which company launched (in Aug’ 21) India’s first Digital Alternate Investment Fund (AIF) through which it targets to raise Rs 1,000 crore?
1) TPG Growth Capital Ltd
2) CVC Capital Partners Ltd
3) ASK Investment Managers Ltd
4) Ace Global Private Ltd
5) Passionate Investment Management Ltd
Answer-3) ASK Investment Managers Ltd
ASK Investment Managers Ltd launched India’s first Digital Alternate Investment Fund (AIF) namely ‘ASK Emerging Opportunities Fund’ through which the company targeted to raise Rs 1,000 crore.
- EXIM Bank signed a soft loan worth USD 210.73 million for drinking water projects, hospital building and solar projects to which country?
The Export and Import Bank (EXIM) of India has signed a Soft loan worth USD 210.73 million to the government of Guinea for drinking water projects, hospital building and solar projects in the country.
i. A loan with no interest or below market rate of interest is known as a soft loan.
- In August 2021, India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) downgraded India’s GDP for FY22 to ____________ due to slow vaccination of the adult population.
India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra) downgraded the economic growth forecast or Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for India to 9.4% for FY22 from 9.6% estimated earlier.
i. PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) projected GDP growth at 10.25% for FY22.
ii. Acuite Ratings retained its 10% GDP forecast for FY22.
- Who was appointed (in Aug’ 21) as the MD and CEO of Indian Bank replacing Padmaja Chunduru?
1) Sanjiv Chadha
2) Atanu Kumar Das
3) L V Prabhakar
4) Shanti Lal Jain
5) Amitabh Chaudhry
Answer-4) Shanti Lal Jain
The Appointment Committee of Cabinet had approved the appointment of Shanti Lal Jain as the Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of the Indian Bank.
i. He is currently serving as the Executive Director of the Bank of Baroda(BoB).
- In august 2021, Ismail Sabri Yaakob became the Prime Minister of which South-East Asian Country?
The Supreme Head of Malaysia had appointed former Deputy Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob as the 13th Prime Minister. He replaced the caretaker Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin.
Capital– Kuala Lumpur
Currency– Malaysian Ringgit
- ‘Sadbhavana Diwas’ is observed annually across India on 20th August to celebrate the birth anniversary of which politician?
1) Rajiv Gandhi
2) Indira Gandhi
3) Feroze Gandhi
4) Moraji Desai
5) Charan Singh
Answer-1) Rajiv Gandhi
Sadbhavana Diwas is annually celebrated across India on the birth anniversary of former PM Rajiv Gandhi. The day aims to promote national integration and communal harmony among the people of all religions and Languages.
i. The government of India honoured him (posthumously) with India’s highest civilian award “Bharat Ratna” in 1991.