Hurun Global 500 List 2021 released by Hurun Research Institute.It is a list of the 500 most valuable non-state-controlled companies in the world ranked according to their value, defined as market capitalization for listed companies and valuations for non-listed companies.Reliance Industries Ltd topped the list of Indian companies with a global rank 57.
- As per the Hurun Global 500 Most Valuable Companies list 2021, Apple is the world’s most valuable company (USD 2,443 billion) and followed by Microsoft (USD 2114 billion) and Amazon (USD 1802 billion) got the 2nd and 3rd place in the list respectively.
- 12 Indian companies has listed in the Hurun Global 500 Most Valuable Companies 2021.
- On the basis of number of companies featured in the list, India got 9th rank while with 243 companies the US is in the top and China(47), Japan(30) and UK(24).
i.The ranking of companies likeTata Consultancy Services(TCS), HDFC Bank, HDFC and Bharti Airtel declined compared to the previous year.
ii..Reliance Industries led by Mukesh Ambani has witnessed increase of 11% to $188 billion but ranking slipped by three places to 57
iii.TCS secured 74th position in the rankings with a valuation of $164 billion while HDFC Bank was on 19 positions down at 124th rank with the valuation of $113 billion
iv.The valuation of Kotak Mahindra Bank declined 8% to $46.6 billion and secured 380th rank this time whereas the ICICI Bank improved 48place to 268th.
v.Three new companies named Wipro(ranked 457th, Asian Paints(477th rank) and HCL Technologies(498th rank) entered this year.
Top -4 Companies in the world
- Apple- Tim Cook, Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Microsoft- Satya Nadella,CEO
- Amazon – Andy Jassy, CEO
- Alphabet- Sundar Pichai, CEO
Two third of the Indian Companies features in the list are mostly financial services, and software services.
The List of Top-10 Companies in the World–
|Ranking||Company Name||Value (in $bn)|
|7th||Berkshire Hathaway (USA)||635|