Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Ordering with Explanation, which is common for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
Questions Penned by Yogit
- In a row of girls facing north, neha is 9th to the left of niharika, who is 19th from the right end. If nisha who is 15th from the left end is 3rd to the right of neha, how many girls are there in the row?
e) None of theseAnswer – c) 39
(11 girls) Neha – – Nisha (5 girls) Niharika (18 girls)
11 girls means before neha there are 11 girls, 5 girls means 5 girls between nisha and niharika and similarly 18 girls
- In a class of 75 students, the number of girls are twice the number of boys, Pankaj ranked 19th from the top. If there are 10 girls ahead of pankaj, then the number of boys after him in rank.
e) None of theseAnswer – b) 16
Number of girls are 50 and number of boys are 25.
If 10 girls ahead of pankaj, means only 8 boys are ahead of him so number of boys after him = 25 – 8 -1 = 16
- Sumit is 8th rank ahead of ravi in a class of 45. If ravi rank from bottom is 19th then find the rank of sumit from beginning?
e) None of theseAnswer – c) 19
Number of students between sumit and ravi is 7. Number of students after ravi is 18th. So rank of sumit from beginning = 45 – 7 – 18 – 1 (ravi) = 19th
- In a row of students facing north A is fifteenth from the left end and B is seventh from the right end. If they interchange their positions, B would be 17th from the right end. Find the number of students in the row.
e) None of theseAnswer – b) 31
Initially there are 14 students to the left of A and after changing the position, there are 16 students to the right of B so total students = 14 +16 +1 = 31
- In a row of 21 boys when akash is shifted four places to the right, he becomes 12th from the left end. What was akash earlier position from the right end
e) None of theseAnswer – d) 14
after shifting – (11 students) akash (9 students)
Before shifting – (7 students) akash (13 students)
- A number of students are standing in a row facing north is such a way that a particular student is nineteenth from both the ends. So find the number of students in the class.
e) None of theseAnswer – b) 37
(18 students) BOY (18 students) = 18+18+1 = 37
- Prakash is 10 ranks above Nikhil who ranks 26th in the class of 45. What is prakash rank in the class from the beginning?
e) None of theseAnswer – c) 16
Final arrangement => (15 students) prakash (9 students) Nikhil
- In a queue, P is seventeenth from the front while Q is nineteenth form the last. If R is twenty forth from the front and is exactly in the middle of P and Q. Then find the number of people in the queue.
e) None of theseAnswer – c) 49
(16 people) P and Q (18 people). Since R is exactly in the middle and also 24th from the front so, number of people between P and R is 6. Similarly between R and Q is 6. So total people = 16 + P + 6 +R + 6 + Q+ 18 = 49
- If arun finds that it is seventeenth from the right and eighteenth from the left in line facing north. How many persons should be added to the line such that there are 50 people in the line.
e) None of theseAnswer – b) 16
17 + Arun + 16 + X = 50, X = 16
- A is eight from the left end and B is sixteenth from the left end. C who is fourth to the right of A is sixth to the left of B. Find the total number of people in the row.
e) None of theseAnswer – c) 33
(7 people) A – – – C – – – – – B (15 people) = 33