Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Reasoning Section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Ordering with Explanation, which is common for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in bank exams !!!
- In a row of 20 girls, Shruti is sitting 5th from left end of the row and is also sitting 10th to left of Kareena. Pankhuri is sitting 8th from the right end of row. How many girls are sitting between Pankhuri and Kareena?
E) 6B) 1
Shruti is 5th from left end, and Kareena is 10th to right of Shruti, so Kareena is 15th from left end or 6th from right end of row. Pakhuri is 8th from right end. So there is 1 girl between them.
- In a class of 45 students, Veena is placed at 31th position from the bottom and Kashish is 4 places above Veena. If Surbhi is 5 places above Kashish, then what is the rank of Surbhi in the class?
E) None of theseC) 6
Veena is 31 from bottom, Kashish 4 places above so she is 35 from bottom. Surbhi is 40 from bottom, so 6th from top
- Rita is sitting 5th from the left end of row and Sita is 11th to right of Rita with Tina being 4th to left of Sita. Madhuri is 8th to right of Tina. What is the total number of students in the row if Madhuri is sitting at the extreme end?
E) 33B) 20
Rita is 5th from left, Sita 11th to right of Rita, so 16th from left end, Tina is 4th to left of Sita so Tina is 12th from left end. Now Madhuri is 8th to right of Tina, this means 20th from left, so 20 students
- Karuna is sitting 25th from the left end and Preeti is sitting 26th from the right end. Preeti is at 20th to the left of Karuna. What is the total number of students sitting in the row?
E) 26B) 30
Karuna is 25th from left end and Preeti is 20th to left of Karuna so Preeti is 5th from left end and given 26th from right end, so total = (5+26) – 1
- In a class of 20 students, Shreya is 5 from the top and Annie is 7 ranks below Shreya. Find Annie’s rank from bottom.
E) None of theseD) 9
Annie is 12 ranks from top, so from bottom = 20-12 + 1
- In a row of 30 children, A is 11th from the right end of row. If there are 4 children between A and B, What is the position of B from the left end of row?
E) Cannot be determinedE) Cannot be determined
Since it is not given that B is left of A or right of A, cant be determined.
- Prerna is 5th from the left end and Charu is 4th from the right of row. Charu interchanges her position with the one who is sitting 3rd to the right of Prerna and now Charu is 10th from the right end. How many children are there in the row?
E) 16A) 17
Let A is 3rd to right of Prerna, so Charu comes to his place so now charu is (5+3) = 8th from the left end and also she is 10th from the right end, so in total (8+10)-1
- Garima interchanges her position with the one who is 3 places away from Garima. Now Chinu is 5th to right of Garima and is 3rd from the right of the row. What is the position of Garima from the right end of row?
E) Data inadequateB) 8
It is not given that Garima interchanges her position with left person or right person from her. So take with both the cases, we will get same answer.
- Shikha is 10th from the top in a class with Ruhani being 16th from the bottom. If there are 5 students between Shikha and Ruhani, how many total students are there in the class when no two students share the same rank?
D) Data inadequate
E) None of theseD) Data inadequate
It is not given that Shikha is below Ruhani or above in rank, if we take both cases we get different answers so cant be determined.
- Ranveer is 5th from left end of row and Ranbir is 6th from right of row. If they interchange their positions, Ranbir becomes 16th from the right end. What is the total number of people in the row?
E) Data inadequateC) 20
Ranbir becomes 16th from right and also this place is 5th from left end, so total (16+5) – 1