Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC Recruitment 2023: Specialist, Junior Scientific Officer, Senior Scientific Assistant Posts notification on 12/08/2023. Totally 30 vacancies will be filled in various departments, Across India. The online application will be available online from 12/08/2023 to 31/08/2023. Candidates meeting the eligibility requirements can submit an online application before the last date. Candidates can look over the detailed information in the content provided below. Candidates will also be able to view the other related details here.
Name of the Post: Specialist, Junior Scientific Officer, Senior Scientific Assistant
Post Date: 12/08/2023
No of Vacancies: 30
Place: Across India
Important Dates for UPSC Recruitment 2023: Specialist, Junior Scientific Officer, Senior Scientific Assistant Posts
Eligible candidates can submit their applications for Specialist, Junior Scientific Officer, Senior Scientific Assistant and other posts before the deadlines. Please see the online application dates listed in the below table to apply for the positions.
|Start Date to Apply Online||12/08/2023|
|Last Date to Apply Online||31/08/2023|
Vacancy Details of UPSC Recruitment 2023: Specialist, Junior Scientific Officer, Senior Scientific Assistant Posts
The Union Public Service Commission is accepting applications for 30 Specialist, Junior Scientific Officers, Senior Scientific Assistants and other posts. Check out the table below for details on the openings. Selected candidates will be posted anywhere in India.
|Name of the Posts||No of Posts|
|Post Harvest Technologist||1|
|Senior Scientific Assistant (Aeronautical)||1|
|Senior Scientific Assistant (Chemical)||1|
|Senior Scientific Assistant (Computer)||1|
|Senior Scientific Assistant (Electronics)||1|
|Senior Scientific Assistant (Metallurgy)||1|
|Deputy Central Intelligence Officer (Technical)(DCIO/Tech)||4|
|Junior Scientific Officer (Biology)||1|
|Specialist Grade III (Anaesthesiology)||15|
|Specialist Grade III (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)||4|
After being hired, the candidates will be given a monthly salary. The pay scale of all positions is given below.
|Name of the Posts||Salary|
|Post Harvest Technologist||67700 – 208700|
|Senior Scientific Assistant||44900 – 142400|
|Deputy Central Intelligence Officer||Pay Level – 10|
|Junior Scientific Officer||44900 – 142400|
|Specialist Grade III||67700 – 208700|
The table below lists the upper age limit for the mentioned positions. Candidates will only be eligible if they meet the age requirements. Age relaxation is applicable as per Government rules.
|Name of the Posts||Age Limit|
|Post Harvest Technologist||40 years|
|Senior Scientific Assistant||30 years|
|Deputy Central Intelligence Officer||35 years|
|Junior Scientific Officer||30 years|
|Specialist Grade III||40 years|
Candidates can check the qualification details below.
1. Post Harvest Technologist
- Candidates should have completed Masters’s Degree in a relevant discipline with Five years experience.
2. Senior Scientific Assistant
- Candidates should have completed B.E/B.Tech / M.E/M.Tech in relevant discipline with one year experience.
3. Deputy Central Intelligence Officer
- Candidates should have completed B.E. / B.Tech / B.Sc. or MCA or M.Sc in a relevant discipline.
4. Junior Scientific Officer
- Candidates should have completed Masters’s Degree or B.E/B.Tech in relevant discipline with 3 years experience.
5. Specialist Grade III
- Post-Graduate degree or diploma in relevant discipline and experience.
The selection will be based on
Candidates can pay the fee either offline or online. Applications without the prescribed fee would not be considered.
|Gen / OBC / EWS / Male||25/-|
|SC / ST / PH / Women||Nil|
How to Apply for UPSC Recruitment 2023: Specialist, Junior Scientific Officer, Senior Scientific Assistant Posts
Candidates must apply online by visiting the UPSC official website. Follow the simple steps given below and apply online.
- Candidates should apply Online by visiting www.upsc.gov.in.
- Click -> ORA (Online Recruitment Application) -> Apply Now (next to the post you wanted to apply).
- Online registration will be active till 31/08/2023.
- Register using a valid email-id and mobile number for registration.
- Upload the required documents/certificates.
- Application Fees should be paid online.
- Submit the Application.
- Take out a printout of the finally submitted application.