Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC Recruitment 2023: Assistant Engineer, Scientist-B, Junior Research Officer Posts notification on 27/05/2023. Totally 20 vacancies will be filled in various departments, Across India. The online application will be available online from 27/05/2023 to 15/06/2023. Candidates meeting the eligibility requirements can submit an online application before the last date. The selection will be made based on the personal interview. Candidates can look over the detailed information in the content provided below. Candidates will also be able to view the other related details here.
Name of the Post: Assistant Engineer, Scientist-B, Junior Research Officer
Post Date: 27/05/2023
No of Vacancies: 20
Place: Across India
Important Dates for UPSC Recruitment 2023: Assistant Engineer, Scientist-B, Junior Research Officer Posts
Eligible candidates should submit their applications for Assistant Engineer, Scientist-B, Junior Research Officer and Other Posts before the given deadlines. To apply for the positions, please see the online application dates listed in the table below.
|Start Date to Apply Online||27/05/2023|
|Last Date to Apply Online||15/06/2023|
Vacancy Details of UPSC Recruitment 2023: Assistant Engineer, Scientist-B, Junior Research Officer Posts
The Union Public Service Commission is accepting applications for 20 Assistant Engineer, Scientist-B, Junior Research Officer and other posts. Check out the table below for details on the openings. Selected candidates will be posted anywhere in India.
|Name of the Posts||No of Posts|
|Assistant Engineer (Naval Quality Assurance)||5|
|Junior Ship Surveyor & Assistant Director General||1|
|Junior Research Officer||3|
After being hired, the candidates will be given a monthly salary. The pay scale applies to all positions.
|Name of the Posts||Pay Scale|
|Scientist-B (Electrical)||Pay Level – 10|
|Assistant Engineer (Naval Quality Assurance)||Pay Level – 7|
|Specialist Grade-III||67700 – 208700|
|Assistant Engineer||47600 – 151100|
|Junior Ship Surveyor & Assistant Director General||Pay Level – 11|
|Junior Research Officer||44900 – 142400|
The table below lists the maximum age for the mentioned positions. Candidates will only qualify for the position if they meet the age requirements. Age relaxation is applicable as per Government rules. Candidates belonging to the reserved category can check the relaxed age limit here. Relaxed age limits are given below.
|Name of the Posts||Age Limit|
|Scientist-B (Electrical)||30 years|
|Assistant Engineer (Naval Quality Assurance)||30 years|
|Specialist Grade-III (Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy)||40 years|
|Assistant Engineer||35 years|
|Junior Ship Surveyor & Assistant Director General (Technical)||40 years|
|Junior Research Officer||30 years|
Candidates can check the qualification details below.
1. Scientist-B (Electrical)
- Master’s Degree in Physics or B.E/B.Tech in relevant discipline with 2 years of experience.
2. Assistant Engineer (Naval Quality Assurance)
- B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical discipline with 5 years of experience.
3. Specialist Grade III
- MBBS and Post-graduate Degree or Diploma in the concerned Speciality or Super-speciality with three years of working experience.
4. Junior Ship Surveyor & Assistant Director General (Technical)
- Degree in Naval Architecture with 03 years practical experience.
5. Junior Research Officer
- Master’s Degree in Statistics or Operation Research or Mathematics or Applied Statistics or Applied Mathematics or Mathematical Statistics or
- Master’s Degree in Economics or Sociology or Psychology or Commerce with Statistics as one of the subjects at Graduate level or Post Graduate level.
6. Assistant Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Drilling or Mining or Mechanical or Civil or Electrical Engineering or Petroleum Technology with one year experience.
The selection will be based on
Candidates can pay the fee either offline or online. Applications without the prescribed fee would not be considered.
|Gen / OBC / EWS / Male||25/-|
|SC / ST / PH / Women||Nil|
How to Apply for UPSC Recruitment 2023: Assistant Engineer, Scientist-B, Junior Research Officer Posts
Candidates must apply online by visiting the UPSC official website. Follow the simple steps given below and apply online.
- Candidates should apply Online by visiting www.upsc.gov.in.
- Click -> ORA (Online Recruitment Application) -> Apply Now (next to the post you wanted to apply).
- Online registration will be active till 15/06/2023.
- Register using a valid email-id and mobile number for registration.
- Upload the required documents/certificates.
- Application Fees should be paid online.
- Submit the Application.
- Take out a printout of the finally submitted application.