Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC CDS Recruitment 2020 notification on 05/08/2020. Notification is out for 344 Vacancies for Combined Defence Services Examination. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online from 05/08/2020 to 25/08/2020. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fee structure and important dates on this page.
Name of the Post: Combined Defence Services Examination
Post Date: 06/08/2020
No of Vacancies: 344
Place: Dehradun, Ezhimala, Hyderabad & Chennai
Important Dates for UPSC CDS Recruitment:
|Start Date of Online Application||05/08/2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||25/08/2020 (6:00 PM)|
|Online Applications can be withdrawn||01/09/2020 to 07/09/2020|
|Last Date for Online Fee Payment||25/08/2020 (6:00 PM)|
|Last Date for Fee Payment by Cash||24/08/2020 (11:59 PM)|
Vacancy Details of UPSC CDS Recruitment:
|S. No||Name of the Course||No. of Posts|
|1||Indian Military Academy, Dehradun -151 (DE) Course commencing in July 2021[including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders]||100|
|2||Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – Course commencing in July 2021 Executive (General Service) / Hydro [including 06 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Naval Wing through NCC Special entry) holders ]||26|
|3||Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – (Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July, 2021 i.e. No. 210 F(P) Course [including 03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry]||32|
|4||Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)114th SSC (Men) (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in October 2021||169|
|5||Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) 28th SSC Women (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in October 2021||17|
Applicable as per UPSC rules.
Age limit (as on 01/07/2021):
Candidates born not earlier than 2/07/1997 and not later than 1/07/2001.
|S. No||Minimum Age Limit||
Maximum Age Limit
|1||20 Years||24 years|
Age relaxation is applicable as per rules.
- For I.M.A. and Officers Training Academy, Chennai – candidates should have completed a Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy – candidates should hold a Degree in Engineering from a recognized University / Institution.
- For Air Force Academy – candidates should hold a Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
The selection will be based on
- Written Exam
Candidates should pay through online.
|S. No||Category||Application Fees|
|1||UR / OBC / Other||200/-|
|2||SC / ST / PWD / Women||Nil|
How to Apply for UPSC CDS Recruitment:
- Candidates should apply online by visiting the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in.
- Candidates should have a valid email-id and mobile number.
- Candidates must upload all the required documents.
- The Online Applications can be filled up from 05th August 2020 to 25th August 2020 till 6:00 PM.
- Candidates can pay either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of SBI.
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted application.
- The online Applications can be withdrawn from 01/09/2020 to 07/09/2020 till 6.00 PM.