UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2021: Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC CAPF (AC) 2021 Syllabus. Eventually, UPSC conducts the CAPF Written Exam on 08/08/2021. Candidates who are preparing for the Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Exam can check the complete CAPF 2021 Syllabus here. We collected the CAPF Syllabus & Exam Pattern and posted it here for easy reference of aspirants. So candidates can refer our page to download the latest UPSC Syllabus.
UPSC CAPF Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2021:
Aspirants should be aware of the updated exam pattern before starting their preparation. So candidates are advised to refer the exam pattern before viewing the syllabus. We have also listed the selection process of UPSC CAPF 2021 Exam.
UPSC CAPF Exam selection involves 3 steps as follows
- Written Exam (Part I & Part II)
- PST / PET & MST
UPSC CAPF Written Exam Pattern:
|Paper No||Name of the Test||Marks||No of Questions||Duration|
|Paper – I||General Ability and Intelligence||250||100||2 hours|
|Paper – II||General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||200||80||3 hours|
- The question paper will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
- The question papers will be set in Hindi as well as English.
UPSC CAPF Written Exam Syllabus:
1. PAPER-I: General Ability and Intelligence
The questions paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
|1||General Mental Ability|
|3||Current Events of National and International Importance|
|4||Indian Polity and Economy|
|5||History of India|
|6||Indian and World Geography|
2. Paper – II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
Candidates will be allowed to choose the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications / language skills will be English only.
- The topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
- Comprehension, précis writing, other communications / language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120).
- The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
UPSC Civil Services PST/PET Pattern:
Candidates who qualified in the Written Exam are permitted for the Physical Standards / Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests. So candidates can go through the Test pattern mentioned below and prepare accordingly.
|Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)||Males||Females|
|100 Meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 seconds|
|800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters (3 chances)||3.0 meters (3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||4.5 Meters||–|
- Candidates who are qualified in the Medical Standards Tests will be called for an Interview / Personality Test.
- The Interview / Personality Test will carry 150 Marks.
- Candidates who are short-listed for the Interview / Personality Test will be issued a Detailed Application Form (DAF) to indicate their preference of Forces.
Note: Candidates who are declared medically unfit but allowed to appear before the “Review Medical Board” on their appeal by the Appellate Authority will be called for Interview / Personality Tests provisionally.
The Final Selection (merit list) will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview / Personality Test.