RRB Group D Syllabus 2021: Railway Recruitment Board is conducting the RRB Group D exam for the posts of Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Helper/Assistant in various technical departments (Electrical, Mechanical, and S&T departments), Assistant Pointsman, Level-I posts in other departments of Indian Railways. Railway Recruitment Board has released the RRB Group D 2021 Syllabus. Candidates who are preparing for the RRB Group D Exam can check the complete Syllabus and exam pattern here. We collected the Group D Syllabus & Exam Pattern and posted it here for easy reference of aspirants. So candidates can refer our page to download the latest RRB Syllabus.
RRB Group D Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2021:
Aspirants preparing for the RRB Group D Exam should be aware of the updated exam pattern before starting their preparation. So candidates are advised to refer the RRB Group D exam syllabus & pattern before viewing the syllabus. We have also listed the selection process of RRB Group D Exam 2021.
RRB Group D Exam selection involves 4 steps as follows.
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification
- Medical Examination
RRB Group D Exam Pattern:
Exam Pattern (CBT): Computer Based Test
|S. No||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|1||General Science||25||25||90 minutes|
|3||General Intelligence and Reasoning||30||30|
|4||General Awareness and Current Affairs||20||20|
- The Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices.
- There will be a negative marking, 1/3 Marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- No marks will be deducted for a question left unanswered.
- The exam duration will be 120 minutes for PwBD candidates.
- Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR-40%, EWS-40%, OBC (Noncreamy layer)-30%, SC-30%, ST-30%.
Computer Based Test (CBT) Syllabus:
- Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
b. General Intelligence and Reasoning:
- Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
c. General Science:
- The syllabus under this shall cover Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10th standard level (CBSE).
d. General Awareness on current affairs:
- Current affairs in Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and any other subject of importance.
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern: PET (Physical Efficiency Test)
Candidates will be shortlisted for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT. Candidates shall be called for PET Three times the community wise total vacancy of the Posts notified against RRBs / RRCs.
|Male Candidates||Female Candidates|
|Candidates should be able to lift and carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down||Candidates should be able to lift and carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 metres in 2 minutes in one chance without putting the weight down|
|Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in 1 chance||Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 metres in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in 1 chance|
Document Verification (DV):
Candidates who qualify in the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) will be called for Document Verification. Successful candidates in the document verification will undergo a Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration. Candidates who clear the medical test will be considered for an appointment.