Naval Ship Repair Yard has announced the Apprentice Recruitment 2019 notification on 03/10/2019. Notification is out from ITI qualified Indian citizen (both male / female) in the various designated trades for enrolment into apprenticeship training at Naval Ship Repair Yard, Karwar under Apprentices Act, 1961 on a contract basis with one-year training. Candidates selected finally are to sign on apprenticeship contract i.a.w. Apprentices Act, 1961 and join Naval Ship Repair Yard, Karwar by 01 Apr 20.
Name of the Post: Apprentice
Post Date: 03/10/2019
No of Vacancies: 145
Place: Karwar – Karnataka
Important Dates for Naval Ship Repair Yard Apprentice Recruitment:
|Start Date of Online Application||22/10/2019|
|Last Date of Online Application||01/12/2019|
Vacancy Details of Naval Ship Repair Yard Recruitment:
|S.No.||Apprenticeship Trades||No of Posts|
|5||Information and Communication Technology Maintenance||04|
|8||Marine Engine Fitter||06|
|9||Building Maintenance Technician||03|
|11||Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance||03|
|12||Mechanic Motor Vehicle||12|
|13||Mechanic Ref and AC||10|
|18||Sheet Metal Worker||06|
|19||Welder (Gas & Electric)||12|
- The minimum stipend as on 01 Oct 19 is 9000/month.
Candidates should have completed 14 years and be below 21 years of age as on date of commencement, of course, i.e. namely 01 Apr 20 i.e. born between 01 Apr 1999 and 31 Mar 2007 (both dates inclusive).
The upper age limit of 21 years is relaxable by 05 years in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) / Scheduled Tribes (ST). The upper age limit may be further relaxed by 02 years by Naval Headquarters at their discretion in respect of candidates who merit special consideration.
- Height :150 Cms
- Weight not less than: 45 Kgs
- Chest expansion not less than: 5 Cms
- Eye: 6/6 to 6/9 (6/9 corrected with glasses).
Candidates scored with minimum 50% marks in Matriculation or equivalent and with minimum 65% marks in aggregate in the relevant ITI trade recognized by National / State Council for Vocational Training (NCVT / SCVT). Minimum educational qualification for candidates who are to be enrolled for Rigger as “Fresher” shall be 8th standard pass (Desirable – ITI Fitter).
|Apprenticeship Trade||Eligible ITI Trades|
|Electronics Mechanic||Electronics Mechanic|
|Information and Communication Technology Maintenance||Information and Communication Technology Maintenance (Or) Information Technology and Electronics System Maintenance (Or) Broad Based Basic Training in Information Technology Sector under Center of Excellence Scheme and Advanced module of Center of Excellence Scheme in Repair and Maintenance of Hardware of Computer and Peripherals|
|Instrument Mechanic||Instrument Mechanic|
|Marine Engine Fitter||Marine Engine Fitter|
|Building Maintenance Technician||Mason (Building Constructor)|
|Mechanic Diesel||Mechanic Diesel|
|Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance||Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance|
|Mechanic Motor Vehicle||Mechanic Motor Vehicle|
|Mechanic Ref and AC||Mechanic Ref and AC|
|Painter (General)||Painter (General)|
|Tailor (General)||Sewing Technology (Or) Dress-Making|
|Sheet Metal Worker||Sheet Metal Worker|
|Welder (Gas & Electric)||Welder|
|Rigger||Essential 8th standard pass / desirable Fitter|
The selection will be based on the:
- Written Examination/Trade Test
- Document Verification
Pattern for the Written Exam:
- General Science
- General Knowledge.
Written examination would be objective type based on 10th std syllabus.
There is no application fees.
How to Apply for Naval Ship Repair Yard Apprentice Recruitment:
- The eligible candidates can apply through online.
- Candidates are to keep scanned copy of the following documents ready before apply:
- Passport size colored photograph
- Qualification certificate (Matriculation / 10th Class)
- Technical Qualification certificate (ITI All Semester Mark sheet / NTC)
- Date of Birth certificate (10th Class Certificate / Certificate issued by municipality etc)
- Signature of candidate
- On completion of online registration, candidates are required to forward print out of “Apprentice Profile (My Profile)” along with the under mentioned documents by speed/registered post to the following address:
The Officer-in-Charge, Dockyard Apprentice School, NSRY, Naval Base PO, Karwar, Karnataka – 581308.
List of Documents send along with the application:
- Copy of Matriculation / 10th Class Mark sheet.
- Copy of ITI Semester-Wise Mark sheet and All Semester Mark sheet
- Copy of Category certificate (for EWS / OBC / SC / ST candidates only).
- Copy of Disability certificate (for PwDs candidates only).
- Certificate from the competent authority, if son / daughter of armed forces personnel/Naval Defence civilian employee.