Indian Navy has released the Sailors Recruitment 2019 notification on 14/11/2019. It invites from unmarried male candidates for Sailors posts for 400 vacancies for Matric Recruit (MR) – Oct 2020 batch. Interested candidates can apply through online from 23/11/2019 to 28/11/2019. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fees structure, syllabus, pattern and important dates in the below content.
Name of the Post: Sailor MR
Post Date: 14/11/2019
No of Vacancies: 400
Place: Across India
Important Dates for Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment:
|Start Date of Online Application||23/11/2019|
|Last Date of Online Application||28/12/2019|
They would be required to prepare food as per menu (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products) and accounting of ration. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per the service requirement.
They would be required to serve food in the officer’s messes, as waiters, housekeeping, accounting of funds, wine and stores, preparation of the menu, etc. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per the service requirement.
They will be required to clean the washroom, shower spaces, and other areas. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per the Service requirement.
- During the initial training period, a stipend of 14,600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix ( 21,700 – 69,100).
Candidates should be born between 01 Oct 2000 to 30 Sep 2003 (Both dates inclusive).
Candidate must have passed Matriculation Examination from the Boards of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Computer-based Examination.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
- Medical Standards.
Pattern for the Computer-based Examination:
|S.No.||Name of the Subjects||No. of Questions|
|1||Science & Mathematics||25|
Total No. of Questions: 50
Total Marks: 50
Time Duration: 30 minutes
Negative Marks: 0.25
The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice).
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
- Qualifying for Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squats (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorized military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms. Height may be relaxed for Tribal candidates as per the prevailing regulations.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order(Special) 01/2008. Extract of the Navy Order can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
Candidates should pay 215/- through online mode by using net banking or by using Visa / Master / RuPay Credit / Debit Card / UPI.
|1||General / OBC candidates||215/-|
|2||SC / ST candidates||Nil|
How to Apply for Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment:
- Candidates should apply through online.
- Register yourself with your valid e-mail ID.
- Log–in with the registered E-mail ID and Click on Current Opportunities
- Admit Card will be generated for only those candidates who have submitted the online application.
Important Links for Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment:
|To Apply Online||Click here|
|For Official Website||Click here|
|For Official Notification||Click here|
For more job updates, follow JobsCloud on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and join our community on Telegram.