Indian Coast Guard has announced the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023: Navik Posts notification on 21/01/2023. Notification is invited for 255 (vacancies) Navik (General Duty) and Navik (Domestic Branch) Posts through CGEPT – 02/2023 Batch in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union. Male candidates who are interested and meet the requirements can submit an online application. The registration process will commence from 06/02/2023 to 16/02/2023. Candidates looking for more recruitment information can read the article below. Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023 Navik Exam Dates for Stage-I, II, III and IV will be announced soon.
Name of the Post: Navik
Post Date: 21/01/2023
No of Vacancies: 255
Place: Across India
Important Dates for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023: Navik Posts
Applications are only accepted online on the dates specified. Candidates should check the dates listed below and apply before the deadline. Applications Last date will be 16th February 2023 by 5:30 PM.
|Start Date to Apply Online||06/02/2023|
|Last Date to Apply Online||16/02/2023 till (5:30 PM)|
Vacancy Details of Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023: Navik Posts
Indian Coast Guard has invited applications for 255 vacancies. Here, you may find details about the posts and their vacancies. Following are the categories of open positions and the vacancies allocated for the open positions. Candidates can go through the openings listed here and submit their applications as necessary.
|Name of Posts||UR (GEN)||EWS||OBC||ST||SC||Total|
|Navik (General Duty)||88||22||61||22||32||225|
|Navik (Domestic Branch)||12||02||10||02||04||30|
Candidates will get the basic pay listed below plus a Dearness Allowance, along with any extra allowances that apply based on the nature of the job and the location of the posting.
|S. No||Name of the Posts||Pay Scale|
|1||Navik (DB)||21,700/- per month|
|2||Navik (Domestic Branch)||21,700/- per month|
The specific age requirements for Navik and Yantrik positions are listed below. Candidates need to be born between 01 Sep 2001 to 31 Aug 2005 (both dates inclusive).
|S. No||Name of the Posts||Age Limit|
|1||Navik||18 to 22 years|
There is age relaxation for SC/ST and OBC (non-creamy) candidates. Check out the table below for age relaxation.
|S. No||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||Schedule Cast / Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||05 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||03 years|
1. Navik (General Duty):
- 12th passed with Maths and Physics from an education board recognized by the Council of Boards for School Education (COBSE).
2. Navik (Domestic Branch):
- 10th passed from an education board recognized by the Council of Boards for School Education (COBSE).
The selection will be based on the
- Written Exam
- Physical Fitness Test
- Document Verification
- Final Merit List (for training at INS Chilka)
Candidates can check the exam pattern and syllabus for Indian Coast Guard Navik Recruitment 2023.
|S.No||Post Applied||Written Test||Passing Marks||Remarks|
|1||Navik (DB)||Section I||30 (UR/EWS/ OBC); 27 (for SC/ST)|
|2||Navik (GD)||Section (I+II)||30+20=50 (UR/ EWS/OBC); 27+17= 44 (SC/ST)||Passing in section I and II separately is compulsory|
Written Exam Pattern & Syllabus:
|S.No||Exam Name||Details of Examination||Subject wise allocation of Questions||Passing Marks||Syllabus|
|1||Section I||Max Marks – 60 Time – 45 mins Total Questions – 60||Maths – 20 Science – 10 English – 15 Reasoning–10 GK – 5||30(UR/EWS/ OBC category) 27 (for SC/ST category)||Class 10th|
|2||Section II||Max Marks – 50 Time – 30 mins|
Total Questions – 50
|Maths – 25 Physics– 25||20 (UR/EWS/ OBC category) 17 (for SC/ST category)||Class 12th Maths & Physics Syllabus|
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
The PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify for the written tests. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig (Shoe, T-shirt, Trouser, etc).
The PFT consists of:
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak).
- 10 Push up.
- Candidates must pay a fee of 300/- (Rupees Two Hundred Fifty only) online via net banking or via Visa / Master / Maestro / Rupay Credit / Debit Card / UPI. SC/ST applicants are exempt from paying application fees.
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023 Apply Online:
How to Apply for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023: Navik Posts
- Candidates should apply online by visiting www.joinindiancoastguard.cdac.in.
- Click Careers ->online application.
- Register yourself with a valid E-mail ID/mobile number.
- Log in using your generated register no and password.
- Fill in the application form with the correct details.
- Verify the same before submission.
- Upload scanned copies of certificates/documents.
- Pay the application fees.
- Submit the application form.
- Take a printout of the submitted application.