Indian Coast Guard has announced the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023: Assistant Commandant Posts notification on 28/08/2023. Notification is out for 46 Assistant Commandant posts in General Duty, Commercial Pilot License and Technical and Law. Indian Male / Female candidates are eligible for the posts. Candidates willing to apply for the Assistant Commandant posts can apply online from 01/09/2023 to 15/09/2023. Interested candidates can check the eligibility details and vacancy details. Apply online by visiting the direct application link given at the end of the posts.
Name of the Post: Assistant Commandant
Post Date: 28/08/2023
No of Vacancies: 46
Place: Across India
Important Dates for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023: Assistant Commandant Posts
On the following dates, online applications are accepted. Candidates should check the following dates and apply online by the deadline.
|Start Date of Online Application||01/09/2023 11:00 hrs|
|Last Date of Online Application||15/09/2023 17:00 hrs|
Vacancy Details of Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023: Assistant Commandant Posts
The Indian Coast Guard has issued a notification for 46 Assistant Commandant positions. The branch name and vacancies are listed in the table below. Candidates can view the branch-specific vacancies listed here and apply accordingly.
|General Duty (GD)||04||02||06||01||12||25|
The Pay Scale for Assistant Commandant Post is applicable as per the ICG rules. Check the Pay Scale below.
|S. No||Name of the Post||Pay Scale|
|1||Assistant Commandant||56,100/- per month|
The following lists the maximum ages for the General Duty, Commercial Pilot Entry, and Technical branches. Before applying, applicants can verify that they meet the following age requirements.
- General Duty: 21 to 25 years.
- Commercial Pilot Entry (CPL-SSA): 19 to 25 years.
- Technical: 21 to 25 years.
- Law Entry: 21 to 30 years.
The upper age limit for SC, ST, and OBC candidates is relaxed in accordance with Government of India regulations. Check out the age relaxations listed here.
|S. No||Name of the Category||Age Limit|
Indian citizens having the following minimum qualifications are eligible to apply. Check the qualification details below.
1. General Duty
- Candidates must have passed a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 60% marks.
- Mathematics and Physics as subjects up to intermediate or class XIIth of 10+2+3 scheme of education or equivalent with 55% marks in Mathematics and Physics. Graduation after diploma, is also eligible (aggregate of 55% marks in diploma with physics and mathematics in its curriculum).
2. Commercial Pilot Entry (CPL-SSA)
- Should have passed 12th or equivalent with physics and mathematics as subjects with minimum 55% marks in Mathematics and Physics. The candidates who have completed their diploma are also eligible (aggregate of 55% marks in diploma with physics and mathematics in its curriculum).
- Should possess current Commercial Pilot Licence issued/validated by Director General Civil Aviation on the date of submission of application.
3. Technical (Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical)
- B.E/B.Tech with 60% marks in aggregate in relevant discipline. or
- Equivalent qualification in any of the above disciplines recognised by the Institutes of the Engineers (India) as exempted from section ‘A’ and ‘B’ and their associate membership examination (AMIE).
- Mathematics and Physics as subject up to intermediate or class XII of 10+2+3 scheme of education or equivalent with minimum 55% aggregate marks in Mathematics and Physics. The candidates who have completed graduation after diploma, are also eligible, provided they should possess an aggregate of 55% marks in diploma with physics and mathematics in its curriculum.
4. Law Entry:
- A degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized university with minimum 60% aggregate marks.
The selection will be based on
- Computer Based Examination Stage-I (CGCAT)
- Preliminary Selection
- Document Verification
- Medical Exam
- There is no application fee.
How to Apply for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2023: Assistant Commandant Posts
- Applications will be available on the Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
- Online registration starts from 01/09/2023 to 15/09/2023.
- Click -> opportunities -> Online Application.
- Select any one post to be applied.
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed.
- Fill in all the details asked in the online application form correctly.
- Upload a scanned copy of their photograph & signature in the prescribed format.
- Click SUBMIT.
- Print the Application form for future reference.