Indian Army has released the Indian Army Short Service Commission (SSC) Recruitment 2023 Posts notification on 20/06/2023. Notification is invited to fill 196 vacancies in Indian Army. Eligible unmarried Male and unmarried Female graduates should only apply. Interested candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can apply online from 20/06/2023 to 19/07/2023 the date of publication of this advertisement. Candidates can go through the below content for more details.
Name of the Post: SSC Officer (Short Service Commission)
Post Date: 20/06/2023
No of Vacancies: 196
Place: Across India
Important Dates for Indian Army Short Service Commission (SSC) Recruitment 2023
Applications are invited online on the given dates only. Candidates go through the dates given below and apply before the last date. Applications received after the last date will not be accepted.
|Start Date to Submit Online Application||20/06/2023|
|Last Date to Submit Online Application||19/07/2023|
Vacancy Details of Indian Army Short Service Commission (SSC) Recruitment 2023
Indian Army has invited applications to fill 196 SSC Technical Officer posts. The post name and vacancy details are given here. The post-wise vacancies are as follows. Candidates can go through the vacancies listed here and apply accordingly.
|S. No||Name of Posts||No of Posts|
|1||SSC Tech Men 62nd course||175|
|2||SSC Tech Women 33rd Course||19|
Candidates will receive a monthly salary as given under and other allowances will be applicable as per rules.
|S. No||Name of the Posts||Pay Scale|
|1||Lieutenant Level 10||56,100 – 1,77,500|
|2||Captain Level 10B||61,300 – 1,93,900|
|3||Major Level 11||69,400 – 2,07,200|
|4||Lieutenant Colonel Level 12A||1,21,200 – 2,12,400|
|5||Colonel Level 13||1,30,600 – 2,15,900|
|6||Brigadier Level 13A||1,39,600 – 2,17,600|
|7||Major General Level 14||1,44,200 – 2,18,200|
|8||Lieutenant General HAG Scale Level 15||1,82,200 – 2,24,100|
|9||Lieutenant General HAG +Scale Level 16||2,05,400 – 2,24,400|
|10||VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lieutenant General (NFSG) – Level 17||2,25,000|
|11||COAS Level 18||2,25,000|
Candidates can check the age limit for SSC Technical Officer Post in the below table. The age limit of the candidate as of 01/04/2024 is as follows. Candidates must have been born between 02 Apr 1997 and 01 Apr 2004, both days inclusive.
|S. No||Name of the Post||Age Limit|
|1||SSC(Tech)- 62 Men and SSCW(Tech)- 33 Women||20 to 27 years|
|2||SSCW (Non Tech) [Non UPSC] and SSCW(Tech) – widows of Indian Armed Forces Defence Personnel who Died in Harness Only||35 years|
- Candidates who have passed the Engineering Degree or are in the final year of the Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply.
Educational Qualification for Widows of Indian Armed Forces Defence Personnel who Died in Harness.
- SSCW (Non Tech) (Non UPSC) – Graduation in any Discipline.
- SSCW (Tech) – B.E./B.Tech in any Engineering stream.
The selection will be based on the
- SSB Interview (Stage I & II)
- Medical Examination
- There is no application fee.
How to Apply for Indian Army Short Service Commission (SSC) Recruitment 2023:
- Candidates can apply online by visiting the official website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- The application will be available online from 20/06/2023.
- Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ ->‘Registration’ ->‘Apply Online.
- Registration is not required if already registered.
- Fill up the details in the form and then submit the application by clicking the submit option.
- Go back to the Home page and click login on the home page.
- Registered users can log in using their User ID and Password.
- Fill in the online form with all the correct details.
- Upload all the scanned copies of the required documents.
- Take a printout of the finally submitted Online application.