Indian Air Force has released the Airmen Recruitment 2020 notification on 11/12/2019. Notification is out for selecting Airmen in Group ‘X’ Trades (Except Education Instructor Trade) and Group ‘Y’ (Except Auto Tech, IAF(P), IAF(S) and Musician) Trades. Eligible candidates can apply through online from 02/01/2020 to 20/01/2020. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fees structure, syllabus, pattern and important dates in the below content.
Name of the Post: Airmen
Post Date: 11/12/2019
No of Vacancies: Not mentioned
Place: Across India
Important Dates for Indian Air Force Airmen Recruitment:
|Start Date of Online Application||02/01/2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||20/01/2020|
|Online Examination||19/03/2020 to 23/03/2020|
|S.No.||Name of the Posts||Pay Scale|
|1||Group X (Except Education Instructor Trade)||33,100/- per month|
|2||Group Y (Except Automobile Technician, IAF (P), IAF(S) and Musician) Trades||26,900/- per month|
- Candidate should be born between 17 January 2000 and 30 December 2003 (both days inclusive).
- In case, a candidate clears all the stages of the selection procedure, then the upper age limit as on date of enrolment is 21 years.
1. Group X (Except Education Instructor trade):
- Candidates should be passed Intermediate / 10+2 / Equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and English with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English. OR Passed Three years Diploma Course in Engineering in any stream.
- The candidate should have completed the course from a Government recognized Polytechnic institute with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in diploma (or in Intermediate / Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Diploma Course).
2. Group ‘Y’ (Except Automobile Technician, Indian Air Force (Police), Indian Air Force (Security), Medical Assistant and Musician) Trades:
- Candidates should be passed Intermediate / 10+2 / Equivalent Examination in any stream / subjects approved by Central / State Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English OR
- Candidates should be passed two years vocational course from Education Boards listed as COBSE member with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English in a vocational course or in Intermediate / Matriculation if English is not a subject in Vocational Course.
3. Group ‘Y’ Medical Assistant Trade Only:
- Candidates should be passed 10+2 / Intermediate / equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English from an Educational Board listed as COBSE member with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
The selection will be based on the:
- Written Examination
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Adaptability Test – I, II
- Medical Examination.
Pattern for the Written Examination:
- The online test will be objective type and questions will be bilingual (English & Hindi) except for English paper.
- Candidates are to bring one blue/black pen and original valid ID proof along with them.
1. Group ‘X’ Trades (Except Education Instructor):
The duration of the online test shall be 0 minutes and shall comprise of English, Physics and Mathematics as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus.
2. Group Y (Except Automobile Technician, IAF (P), IAF(S) and Musician) Trades:
The duration of the online test shall be 45 minutes and shall comprise of English as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA).
3. Group ‘Y’ Medical Assistant Trade Only:
The duration of the online test shall be85 minutes and shall comprise of English, Physics, and Mathematics as per 10+2 CBSE syllabus and Reasoning & General Awareness (RAGA).
Marking pattern for Online Test:
- One mark for every correct answer.
- Nil (0) marks for unattempted questions.
- 0.25 marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
|Chest||Minimum range of expansion: 5 cm|
|weight||Proportionate to height and age. (Minimum 55 Kg for ATS)|
|Run||1.6 Km run to be completed within 06 minutes 30 seconds|
Adaptability Test-1 (For both Group ‘ X’ & Group ‘Y’ Trades):
All candidates who pass the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) shall have to undertake Adaptability Test-1 (objective type is written test) which is to assess the suitability of a candidate for employment in the IAF which involves deployment in varied geographic terrain, weather and operational conditions.
Adaptability Test-2 (For both Group ‘ X’ & Group ‘Y’ Trades):
All candidates who pass Adaptability Test-1 shall have to undertake Adaptability Test-2 as per policy in vogue. Adaptability Test-2 is to select candidates who can adapt to the environment of the Indian Air Force and are able to adjust to the military way of life.
Candidates who qualify Adaptability Test-2 shall be issued with medical appointment letters at respective ASCs. It can also be downloaded under candidates login on the CASB web portal for their medical examination at designated Medical Boarding Centre (MBC) on specified date.
All the candidates should pay 250/- through online.
How to Apply for Indian Air Force Airmen Recruitment:
- Candidates should apply through online.
- Before applying the candidates must register themselves by providing basic details, additional and contact details and upload photo and signature.
- After registering, candidates may apply using their registration number and password.
Important Links for Indian Air Force Airmen Recruitment:
|To Apply Online||Click here (Active on 02/01/2020)|
|For Official Website||Click here|
|For Official Notification||Click here|