International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics has announced the ICRISAT Scientist Recruitment 2020 notification. Notification is out for Scientists to work in rice genetic improvement programs in a multi-disciplinary team comprising of scientists from various disciplines in Telangana. Eligible candidates can apply online from 24/04/2020 to 15/05/2020. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fees structure, syllabus, pattern and important dates in the below content.
Name of the Post: Scientist – Rice Breeding
Post Date: 24/04/2020
No of Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Important Dates for ICRISAT Scientist Recruitment:
|Start Date of Online Application||24/04/2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||15/05/2020|
Vacancy Details of ICRISAT Scientist Recruitment:
|S.No.||Name of the Post||No. of Posts|
|1||Scientist – Rice Breeding||Not Mentioned|
- Establish sequencing based-trait mapping pipelines for rapid mapping of traits of interest and with development of SNP markers for molecular breeding
- Establish sequencing-based breeding pipelines for enhancing genetic gains in rice and to optimize the genetic gain model in order to deliver higher rates of genetic gain.
- Launch a system biology platform for deciphering complex traits and better understanding the traits for breeding.
- Apply contemporary/quantitative genetics-based plant breeding techniques to create a solid and sound regional rice breeding pipeline
- Coordinate the Harvest-Plus activities in terms of product development, evaluations, multi-location trials and help in large-scale disseminations
- Modernize regional breeding programs but not limited to development of product profiles, breeding scheme optimization, use of genotyping, automation, mechanization, use of appropriate breeding and analytical software’s
- Participate in developing and sharing of breeding material with partners in the SA region in close coordination with IRRI-HQ team
- Analyse, summarize and interpret the data of the experiments conducted
- Prepare reports and research papers for publication in the reputed journals
- Participate in project development for regional preference and resource mobilization for IRRI-SA Hub and partners involved in rice improvement
- Participate in capacity building and training activities to enhance the capacity building of partners in the region towards innovative breeding approaches and biofortification
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Candidates should be completed Ph.D. degree from a reputed university in plant breeding and / or genetics, with a minimum of six years of post-doctoral experience in genomics / plant breeding at a research institute / university.
- Candidates must have experience working in applied genomics/system biology with comprehension of inter-disciplinary sciences, quantitative genetics theory and its application in practical plant breeding.
- Candidates must have experience of genomics-assisted breeding (sequence-based trait mapping and breeding) in crop improvement and other biotechnology tools will be an additional desirable requirement.
- Statistical skills, knowledge of computer applications and software for data collection, management, and analysis
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
- Respectable publication record, as evidenced by research papers in referred journals
- Experience in writing and managing grants
- Aptitude to work collegially and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural environments.
The selection will be based on the Interview.
There is no application fee.
How to Apply for ICRISAT Scientist Recruitment:
- Candidates should apply through online
- Online Application available on the official ICRISAT website: www.icrisat.org
- Online registration starts from 24/04/2020 to 15/05/2020
- Candidates should have a valid email-id and mobile number.
- Candidates fill the online form with all the relevant correct details.
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application, the candidates are required to take a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application.