International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics has announced the ICRISAT Scientific Officer Recruitment 2020 notification. Notification is out for Scientific Officer for Pearl Millet Breeding and HarvestPlus in Crop Improvement under the Asia program in Telangana. Eligible candidates can apply online from 16/04/2020 to 07/05/2020. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fees structure, syllabus, pattern and important dates in the below content.
Name of the Post: Scientific Officer – Pearl Millet Breeding
Post Date: 19/04/2020
No of Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Important Dates for ICRISAT Scientific Officer Recruitment:
|Start Date of Online Application||16/04/2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||07/05/2020|
Vacancy Details of ICRISAT Scientific Officer Recruitment:
|S.No.||Name of the Post||No. of Posts|
|1||Scientific Officer – Pearl Millet Breeding||Not Mentioned|
- Scientific support and maintain pearl millet breeding nurseries and trial records.
- Digitalizing breeding and field trial data (in BMS) and its management.
- Handling breeding operations such as hybrid seed production, backcrossing, selfing, etc.,
- Executing the planned scientific experiments and data analyses.
- Implementing Rapid Generation plan in the pearl millet breeding program using QC markers
- Monitoring partner’s locations trials and breeding nurseries and data collection.
- Handling cold storage materials and its record for pearl millet breeding.
- Provide help and support to various on-going research activities in the pearl millet breeding program.
- Provide support to the scientist in data summary and drafting appendices and other related jobs from time to time
- Micronutrient (grain Fe / Zn) estimation of grain samples using XRF, its summarization and selection of micro-nutrient rich lines
- Candidates should be completed M.Sc. in Plant Breeding and Genetics from a reputed university with a sound academic record
- Candidate having 2-3 years of working experience in hybrid breeding techniques and its operations, and if specifically, in pearl millet breeding will be preferred
- Working Knowledge on-field designs for trials planning and randomization
- Know data management methods and ability to use a computer (MS Office, Excel, Access) and field tabs
- Knowledge of Crop and nutrient management
- Proficiency in English communication skills (both written and spoken)
- The acumen for breeding-pedigree data management and data analysis is desirable
- Candidates should be a good team player and adaptable to working in a multicultural team.
The selection will be based on the Interview.
There is no application fee.
How to Apply for ICRISAT Scientific Officer Recruitment:
- Candidates should apply through online
- Online Application available on the official ICRISAT website: www.icrisat.org
- Online registration starts from 16/04/2020 to 07/05/2020
- Candidates should have a valid email-id and mobile number.
- Candidates fill the online form with all the relevant correct details.
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application, the candidates are required to take a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application.
Important Links for ICRISAT Scientific Officer Recruitment:
|To Apply Online||Click here|
|For Official Website||Click here|
|For Official Notification||Click here|
For more job updates, follow JobsCloud on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and join our community on Telegram.