International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics has announced the ICRISAT Research Technician Recruitment 2020 notification on 21/05/2020. Notification is out for Research Technician (Plant Breeding) post in Hyderabad. Eligible candidates can apply online from 21/05/2020 to 06/06/2020. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fees structure, syllabus, pattern and important dates in the below content.
Name of the Post: Research Technician Plant Breeding
Post Date: 21/05/2020
No of Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Important Dates for ICRISAT Research Technician Recruitment:
|Start Date of Online Application||21/05/2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||06/06/2020|
Vacancy Details of ICRISAT Research Technician Recruitment:
|S.No.||Name of the Post||No. of Posts|
|1||Research Technician (Plant Breeding)||Not Mentioned|
- Offer technical support to breeders and overseeing all technical aspects for the upkeep of the for sorghum, pearl millet, finger millet, groundnuts, chickpea and pigeon pea breeding programmes
- Assist breeders in all aspects of the breeding programs, including planting, pollinations, harvesting of trials, crossing nurseries and pure seed increases, quality evaluations and data management
- Plan and execute experimental protocols and performance trials in protected culture environments
- Ownership of breeding and harvesting equipment, maintenance and improvements, taking notes, entering data with internal IT systems and complying with seed stewardship standards
- Capture data in iOS operating systems (desktop computing, iPhones, iPads), Breeding Management System (BMS) and conduct data quality check and assurance to enable timely advancement of the 6 mandate crops
- Collaboration with trial growers and selection of optimal off-site localities for yield trials
- Supervise and motivate the labour, capacity building of farmers, students and other collaborators
- Manage relationships with co-operators/partners to ensure timely completion and integrity of data collected
- Procure farm inputs and consumables
- Prepare seed shipments.
- Candidates should be completed Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or a related field
- Candidates should have experience in a research environment, specifically in field layout, data analysis, and good crop husbandry practices
- Sound interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- At least 02 years of experience in a research institution and an understanding of plant breeding
- Candidates with less experience but proven ability to deliver may be considered
- Preferably having experience of working in multi-cultural and interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience in an international organization environment will be an added advantage
- Ability to prioritize and organize work efficiently and independently
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills, integrity, honesty and self-motivation
- Computer literacy in MS Office.
- Strong English language skills, both spoken and written
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons
The selection will be based on the Interview.
There is no application fee.
How to Apply for ICRISAT Research Technician Recruitment:
- Candidates should apply through online
- Online Application available on the official ICRISAT website: www.icrisat.org
- Online registration starts from 21/05/2020 to 06/06/2020
- Candidates should have a valid email-id and mobile number.
- Candidates fill the online form with all the relevant correct details.
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application, the candidates are required to take a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application.