International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics has announced the ICRISAT Project Scientists Recruitment 2020 notification. Notification is out for Project Scientists in Quantitative Genetics. This position is required to establish a genomic selection pipeline for estimating genomic-estimated breeding values. Eligible candidates can apply online from 24/04/2020 to 15/05/2020. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fees structure, syllabus, pattern and important dates in the below content.
Name of the Post: Project Scientists – Quantitative Genetics
Post Date: 24/04/2020
No of Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Important Dates for ICRISAT Project Scientists Recruitment:
|Start Date of Online Application||24/04/2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||15/05/2020|
Vacancy Details of ICRISAT Project Scientists Recruitment:
|S.No.||Name of the Post||No. of Posts|
|1||Project Scientists – Quantitative Genetics||Not Mentioned|
- Mine large genotypic and phenotypic datasets, cleaning of the datasets and apply biometric approaches to study genotype by environment interactions
- Establish genomic selection models for the targeted traits and validate the models on the obtained progenies for predicting the individual performances
- Study trait-environment relationships and genotype-by-environment interactions for multiple traits and evaluate expected genetic gain for alternative breeding strategies enabled by genomic selection.
- Actively participate in the strategic planning and research meeting of Rice Breeding Planform and Rice Breeding SA Cluster
- Coordinate closely with the IRRI HQ team (RB Platform), ICRISAT team, ISARC team, project partners, other NAREs collaborators
- Engage with ISARC to help build capacity in modernizing breeding programs and for the effective transfer of knowledge, technology, and strategy.
- Candidates should be completed Ph.D. in quantities genetics / statistics with 1-2 years of post-PhD experience in the genomic selection/quantitative genetics
- High-quality publication record as evidenced by research papers in refereed journals in the area of GS / modelling
- Extensive experience in quantitative genetics
- Aptitude to work collegially and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural environments.
The selection will be based on the Interview.
There is no application fee.
How to Apply for ICRISAT Project Scientists Recruitment:
- Candidates should apply through online
- Online Application available on the official ICRISAT website: www.icrisat.org
- Online registration starts from 24/04/2020 to 15/05/2020
- Candidates should have a valid email-id and mobile number.
- Candidates fill the online form with all the relevant correct details.
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application, the candidates are required to take a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application.
Important Links for ICRISAT Project Scientists Recruitment:
|To Apply Online||Click here|
|For Official Website||Click here|
|For Official Notification||Click here|
For more job updates, follow JobsCloud on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and join our community on Telegram.