International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics has announced the ICRISAT Project Associate Recruitment 2020 notification. Notification is out for Project Associate in Statistical Genomics to work in rice genetic improvement in a multi-disciplinary team comprising scientists from various disciplines. Eligible candidates can apply online from 27/04/2020 to 18/05/2020. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fees structure, syllabus, pattern and important dates in the below content.
Name of the Post: Project Associate – Statistical Genomics
Post Date: 28/04/2020
No of Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Important Dates for ICRISAT Project Associate Recruitment:
|Start Date of Online Application||27/04/2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||18/05/2020|
Vacancy Details of ICRISAT Project Associate Recruitment:
|S.No.||Name of the Post||No. of Posts|
|1||Project Associate – Statistical Genomics||Not Mentioned|
- Perform analysis of NGS datasets falling statistical genetics such as Linkage mapping, genome-wide association study (GWAS) from germplasm /bi-parental/multi-parental mapping populations for the desirable traits.
- Implement genomic and phenotypic datasets on various mathematical models from the perspective of predictive modeling and machine learning techniques with R and python packages.
- Explore the statistical ways to analyze, interpret and present from the data.
- Coordinate closely with the IRRI HQ team, IRRI-SA team, project partners, other NAREs collaborators
- Engage with ISARC to help build capacity in statistical genomics of NAREs partners.
- Candidates should be completed M.Sc in bioinformatics /computational biology / statistics / mathematics / computer science with at least 01 year of post-MSc experience in the relevant field.
- Respectable publication record, as evidenced by research papers in refereed journals
- Knowledge of prediction from parametric and non-parametric models
- Aptitude to work collegially and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural environments
- Candidates must have deep knowledge in association mapping models
- Experience in scientific programming in Python and R
- Excellent statistical knowledge and use of software and packages.
- Extensive experience in handling big datasets.
The selection will be based on the Interview.
There is no application fee.
How to Apply for ICRISAT Project Associate Recruitment:
- Candidates should apply through online
- Online Application available on the official ICRISAT website: www.icrisat.org
- Online registration starts from 27/04/2020 to 18/05/2020
- Candidates should have a valid email-id and mobile number.
- Candidates fill the online form with all the relevant correct details.
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application, the candidates are required to take a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application.
Important Links for ICRISAT Project Associate Recruitment:
|To Apply Online||Click here|
|For Official Website||Click here|
|For Official Notification||Click here|
For more job updates, follow JobsCloud on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and join our community on Telegram.