International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics has announced the ICRISAT Field Assistant Recruitment 2020 notification on 07/04/2020. Notification is out for 02 Field Assistant posts for The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) under the Global Maize Program. The position is based at ICRISAT Patancheru, Telangana. Eligible candidates can apply online from 07/04/2020 to 26/04/2020. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fees structure, syllabus, pattern and important dates in the below content. This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position for 03 years renewable based on the funding availability, incumbent’s performance and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
Name of the Post: Field Assistant
Post Date: 07/04/2020
No of Vacancies: 02
Important Dates for ICRISAT Field Assistant Recruitment:
|Start Date of Online Application||07/04/2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||26/04/2020|
Vacancy Details of ICRISAT Field Assistant Recruitment:
|S.No.||Name of the Post||No. of Posts|
- Silk bagging and de-tasseling in maize nurseries
- Different types of pollinations, as per given instruction
- Reading field maps and match and tag plots
- Seed preparation: matching stock IDs, sorting of trials and nurseries by experiment name and plot numbers
- Assisting research technician in placing seed packets for sowing as per planting plan
- Helping in removal of “off-type” plants in trials and nurseries
- Collection of data (on hand held tablets)
- Matching and tagging of harvest bags for uniquely identifying seed stocks
- Ability to operate field equipment, such as – maize sheller, seed counter, GreenSeeker, moisture profile probes, data loggers, etc.
- Arranging seed packets in seed storage as per instruction
- Identifying individual seed for specific characters (e.g. kernels with appropriate QPM modification, identification of seeds with colour markers for doubled haploidy, etc.).
- Rain-out shelters (ROS) activities: Weighing of cylinders, irrigation, biomass weighing, root washing, etc.
- If required, supervision of unskilled labour for field activities
- When required, drive pick-up truck for enabling transport related to field activities.
- When required, drive car for transport-related to institute activities.
- SSC (10th Standard) Pass is a must
- At least 05 years of work experience in maize breeding or related field activities or office duties.
- Ability to communicate in Hindi / Telugu.
- Candidates Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in a multi-cultural team.
The selection will be based on the Interview.
There is no application fee.
How to Apply for ICRISAT Field Assistant Recruitment:
- Candidates should apply through online
- Online Application available on the official ICRISAT website: www.icrisat.org
- Online registration starts from 07/04/2020 to 26/04/2020
- Candidates should have a valid email-id and mobile number.
- Candidates fill the online form with all the relevant correct details.
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application, the candidates are required to take a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application.