International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics has announced the ICRISAT Associate Scientist Recruitment 2020 notification. Notification is out for Associate Scientist – Bio-Economic and Value Chain Modelling. Eligible candidates can apply online from 27/04/2020 to 29/05/2020. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fees structure, syllabus, pattern and important dates in the below content.
Name of the Post: Associate Scientist – Bio-Economic
Post Date: 28/04/2020
No of Vacancies: Not Mentioned
Important Dates for ICRISAT Associate Scientist Recruitment:
|Start Date of Online Application||27/04/2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||29/05/2020|
Vacancy Details of ICRISAT Associate Scientist Recruitment:
|S.No.||Name of the Post||No. of Posts|
|1||Associate Scientist – Bio-Economic||Not Mentioned|
- Implementing research projects on markets, value chains and household level bio-economic modeling in support of co-designing resilient farming systems
- Develop and implement survey instruments, organize training programs and supervise data collection, organize, clean, process, and analyze household data sets and other quantitative data
- Analyzing and modeling trade-offs and comparative advantages of alternative enterprises and value chains in crop-livestock systems
- Support resource mobilization and the development of winning research proposals, contribute to report-writing and the publication of scientific articles in peer-reviewed international journals
- Support activities related to communications and knowledge mobilization (media engagement, stakeholder consultations, writing blogs, preparation of research and policy briefs)
- Travel, as needed, to field sites or internationally
- Candidates should be completed a Ph.D. or doctoral degree in agricultural economics, or relevant discipline, ideally with 1-3 years of relevant experience post Ph.D.
- Proven post-graduate research experience in analyzing and modelling value chains and household level bio-economic modelling for smallholder farming systems
- Relevant experience in collecting and evaluating large amounts of data, in addition to analytical and descriptive statistics
- Proven publishing experience in the relevant field, outstanding writing skills in English
- Knowledge of econometrics and software like STATA and R, relevant modeling software
- Proficiency in Oriya (written and spoken) to conduct and supervise fieldwork
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams (including community researchers)
- Field level experience in Odisha.
The selection will be based on the Interview.
There is no application fee.
How to Apply for ICRISAT Associate Scientist Recruitment:
- Candidates should apply through online
- Online Application available on the official ICRISAT website: www.icrisat.org
- Online registration starts from 27/04/2020 to 29/05/2020
- Candidates should have a valid email-id and mobile number.
- Candidates fill the online form with all the relevant correct details.
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application, the candidates are required to take a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application.