International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics has announced the ICRISAT Associate Scientist Recruitment 2020 notification on 10/04/2020. Notification is out for 01 Associate Scientist – Horticulture to provide technical advisory services and team support for the vegetable activities of the APART project in Assam. Eligible candidates can apply online from 10/04/2020 to 30/04/2020. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fees structure, syllabus, pattern and important dates in the below content.
Name of the Post: Associate Scientist (Horticulture)
Post Date: 10/04/2020
No of Vacancies: 01
Important Dates for ICRISAT Associate Scientist Recruitment:
|Start Date of Online Application||10/04/2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||30/04/2020|
Vacancy Details of ICRISAT Associate Scientist Recruitment:
|S.No.||Name of the Post||No. of Posts|
|1||Associate Scientist (Horticulture)||01|
- Report and coordinate the activities of a team of six WorldVeg field officers in districts across Assam and ensure good relationships with national and international partners.
- Assist field officers in implementing on-farm demonstrations of improved varieties and seedling production systems, good agricultural practices and integrated pest management in close coordination with WorldVeg researchers, international partners, and state institutions.
- Provide technical back-up to field officers to address vegetable farmers’ management problems, and seek additional national and international expertise and inputs where needed.
- Provide the key technical input into training programs to strengthen the capacity of local partners to help vegetable farmers overcome practical management problems and to scale up innovative practices.
- Contribute to writing training materials, technical progress reports, and annual reviews and work plans as directed by the Resident Consultant and Project leader in Taiwan.
- Ph.D. in horticulture / agriculture or extension with 5-8 years’ extensive experience working in vegetable and pulses crops.
- Extensive experience in commercial vegetable research and extension work with a good knowledge of improved production management practices.
- Experience working effectively in teams and a proven ability to help improve farmers’ management practices.
- Keen analytical skills and the ability to implement, monitor and evaluate varietal trials and integrated pest management trials.
- Extensive experience in running training programs and developing training materials.
- Significant agricultural research and / or development publication record.
- Excellent communication and computer skills, with fluency in written and spoken English and Assamese and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
The selection will be based on the Interview.
There is no application fee.
How to Apply for ICRISAT Associate Scientist Recruitment:
- Candidates should apply through online
- Online Application available on the official ICRISAT website: www.icrisat.org
- Online registration starts from 10/04/2020 to 30/04/2020
- Candidates should have a valid email-id and mobile number.
- Candidates fill the online form with all the relevant correct details.
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application, the candidates are required to take a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application.