Department of Water Supply and Sanitation Punjab has announced the DWSS Java Application Developer Recruitment 2020 notification on 27/05/2020. Notification is out for 02 posts such as Java Application Developer & GIS Specialist in Punjab on a contract basis. Eligible candidates can apply online from 27/05/2020 to 06/06/2020. Candidates can view the post details, vacancy details, eligibility criteria, selection process, applying method, fees structure, syllabus, pattern and important dates in the below content.
Name of the Post: Java Application Developer & GIS Specialist
Post Date: 27/05/2020
No of Vacancies: 02
Important Dates for DWSS Java Application Developer Recruitment:
|Start Date of Online Application||27/05/2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||06/06/2020|
Vacancy Details of DWSS Java Application Developer Recruitment:
|S.No.||Name of the Posts||No. of Posts|
|1||Java Application Developer||01|
1. Java Application Developer:
- Requirement assessment and system designing.
- Development and maintenance of Software / Module / s.
- To configure and implementation of server / s for web-enabled application / software / services using the open-source reporting tool.
- Development of web services.
- Identifying IT needs based on user requirements, feasibility assessment and preparation of solution / specification.
- Data generation, compilation for M&E and analysis.
- To assist the department in Monitoring and Evaluation activities by use of Management Information Systems and other analytical tools.
- Any other relevant task assigned by the Head of Department.
2. GIS Specialist:
- To create spatial / non-spatial GIS Databases from the data received from various sources.
- Updation of GIS database on various themes, as and when required and maintain the same for future
- Preparation of reports and generation of information as per requirements.
- Entry of various types of data into GIS databases, such as text or spreadsheet files of latitude and longitude coordinates tabular data, aerial or satellite imagery, and manual digitizing of paper maps or map images.
|S.No.||Name of the Posts||Pay Scale|
|1||Java Application Developer||40,000 – 60,000/-|
|2||GIS Specialist||50,000 – 60,000/-|
1.Java Application Developer:
- Candidates should be completed regular B.E. (IT / CS / EC) / B.Tech (IT / CS / EC) / M.Sc. in (IT / CS / EC) OR
- Candidates should be completed regular Masters of Computer Application (MCA) from recognised University or Institution with 60% aggregate marks (or First Division) in each case.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience in the development of desktop and web applications in j2EE.
- Candidates must have developed applications using technology, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, JSP / Angular JS.
- Candidates must have knowledge of configuring applications, web servers like Apache Tomcat on Linux environment.
- Experience in handling databases related activities shall be preferred. Must have experience in the development of web services web (REST and SOAP) in Java.
2. GIS Specialist:
- Candidates should be completed regular B.E. (IT / CS / EC) / B.Tech (IT / CS / EC) / M.Sc. in (IT / CS/EC/ Remote Sensing / GIS / Geo-Informatics / Geospatial Technologies / Spatial Technology/ Geology / Applied Geology / MCA AND essential minimum PG Diploma in Remote Sensing / GIS / Geo-Informatics / Geospatial Technologies / Spatial Technology / Geology / Applied Geology.OR
- Candidates should be completed M.E. or M.Tech. in Remote Sensing/ GIS/ Geo-Informatics / Geospatial Technologies / Spatial Technology / Geology / Applied Geology from recognised University or Institution with 60% aggregate marks (or First Division).
At least four years of relevant experience in the field of Remote Sensing & GIS with proficiency on working on Arc GIS software.
The selection will be based on the:
- Written Exam
There is no application fee.
How to Apply for DWSS Java Application Developer Recruitment:
- Candidates should apply through online.
- The Online registration of applications will be available on the DWSS website: www.pbdwss.gov.in
- Online registration starts from 27/05/2020 to 06/06/2020
- Candidates should have a valid email-id and mobile number.
- Candidates fill the online form with all the relevant correct details.
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application, the candidates are required to take a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application.