Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online General Knowledge section in Affairs cloud, which is important for all the competitive exams. We have created Some questions related to General Science(Chemistry) !!!
- Which gas is present under pressure in soft drinks ?
2. Carbon monoxide
4. Nitrous oxide
5. None of theseAnswer – 3.Carbon-di-oxide
The amount of calories varies in soft drinks, depending on the sweetener used. Soft drinks get their fizz from the carbon dioxide added under pressure .
- The anode in a dry cell consists of …………………..
5. None of theseAnswer – 1.Zinc
A Dry cell is a type of chemical cell, commonly used today, in the form of batteries, for many electrical appliances. It was developed in 1886 by the German scientist Karl Gassne
A standard dry cell comprises a zinc anode
- Which is required for solar energy conversion ?
5. None of theseAnswer -4.Silicon
Silicon is what is known as a semi-conductor, meaning that it shares some of the properties of metals and some of those of an electrical insulator, making it a key ingredient in solar cells. Let’s take a closer look at what happens when the sun shines onto a solar cell.
- The maximum amount of ………………… is present in LPG
5. None of theseAnswer – 2.Butane
LPG (LIQUIFIED PETROLEUM GAS) is a predominant mixture of propane and Butane with a small percentage of unsaturated (Propylene and Butylene) and some lighter C2 as well as heavier C5 fractions
- A super cooled liquid is ………………
5. None of theseAnswer – 3.Glass
Supercooling, also known as undercooling, is the process of lowering the temperature of a liquid or a gas below its freezing point without it becoming a solid.
Ex – glass
- What is the mass of one mole of electron ?
5. None of theseAnswer – 1.0.55mg
The mass of one mole of electron = 9.1 x 10~28x 6.022 x 1023 = 0.55 mg
- Which is the longest period in the modern periodic table ?
1. 2nd period
2. 1st period
3. 6th period
4. 4th period
5. None of theseAnswer – 3.6th period
1st period is the Shortest period
6th period is the longest period
- Newspaper can be recycled again and again how many times ?
1. 6 times
2. 2 times
3. 3 times
4. 5 times
5. None of theseAnswer – 4.5 times
Printer and copy paper can be recycled 57 times before the fibers become to short and need to be combined with other paper or used for other purposes. Newspaper on the other hand is already made of low quality and can be made into new newspaper or egg cartons
- What is the smallest form of matter ?
5. None of theseAnswer – 2.Gas
Three states of matter are solid, liquid and gas .The smallest form of matter Gas
- Salt bridges used to …………………
1. transfer Ions
5. None of theseAnswer – 1.transfer Ions
The purpose of a salt bridge is to transfer ions by connecting the two half-cells
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification