Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2016
- Try Our Current Affairs February 2016 Quiz
- Read our Current Affairs Today
- Read Our Current Affairs 2016
- Government has appointed which of the following as chief justice of Karnataka High Court ?
C.Shubhro Kamal Mukherjee
D.Abhay Manohar Sapre
Answer – C.Shubhro Kamal Mukherjee
Explanation – Justice Subhro Kamal Mukherjee has sworn in as the 28th Chief Justice of the High Court of Karnataka. He will succeed Justice Vineet Saran.
- EEPC (Engineering Export Promotion Council, Eastern Region)’s Gold Trophy for 2013-14 has been conferred upon which of the following ?
Answer – B.NALCO
Explanation – EEPC (Engineering Export Promotion Council, Eastern Region)’s Gold Trophy for outstanding export performance during 2013-14 has been conferred upon National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO).
- Aryabhata Award of the Astronautical Society of India has been conferred upon which of the following ?
Answer – C.Avinash Chander
Explanation – Avinash Chander, former Scientific Adviser to Defence Minister and Director General of the DRDO, has been conferred with the Aryabhata Award of the Astronautical Society of India.
- UK’s Green Bond Pioneer Awards for “Pioneers in Emerging Markets-India” has been conferred upon which of the following bank ?
Answer – C.Yes Bank
Explanation – Mumbai headquartered Yes Bank has been awarded inaugural Green Bond Pioneer Award for “Pioneers in Emerging Markets-India” at a ceremony held in London, United Kingdom.
- Centre has appointed which of the following as the Director General (DG) of Indian Coast Guard (ICG) ?
Answer – D.Rajendra Singh
Explanation – The government has appointed Rajendra Singh as the Director General (DG) of Coast Guard, the country’s coastal protection force. He is awardee of President’s Tatrakshak Medal (PTM).
- In the recently published Forbes list of “30 under 30 Asia” has featured 56 Indians. Which of the following is not included under sports category ?
Answer – B.Suresh Raina
Explanation – Tennis’s World no.1 Sania Mirza, batting linchpin Virat Kohli, badminton lead Saina Nehwal and Arunima Sinha who is the first female and first Indian amputee to climb Mt. Everest, listed their names in the Forbes “30 under 30 Asia”.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has hiked Minimum Support Price (MSP) of raw jute per quintal to how much amount ?
Answer – D.Rs 3200
Explanation – The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has hiked Minimum Support Price (MSP) of raw jute from 2,700 to 3,200 rupees per quintal. The hike has been done for the year 2016-17 to boost production.
- Reserve Bank of India has included which of the following bank in the second schedule to the RBI Act ?
B.Emirates Islamic Bank
C.National Bank of Abu Dhabi
D.United Arab Bank
Answer – C.National Bank of Abu Dhabi
Explanation – The Reserve Bank has included National Bank of Abu Dhabi PJSC (NBAD) in the Second Schedule to the RBI Act. Currently, NBAD has a global presence in 17 countries and overseas territories, spanning five continents.
- Which of the following mutual fund company has announced the launch of a 100% paperless, Aadhaar based eKYC (know your customer) facility ?
A.BOI AXA Investment Managers
B.L&T Investment Management Ltd
C.JPMorgan Asset Management Company
D.Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company
Answer – D.Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company
Explanation – Birla Sun Life Asset Management Company (BSLAMC) has announced the launch of a 100% paperless, Aadhaar based eKYC (know your customer) facility.First-time investors to mutual funds (MFs) can now complete their ‘eKYC’ formality using their Aadhaar number.
- Recently, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the certificate of registration of how many NBFCs ?
Answer – B.26
Explanation – The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the certificate of registration of the 26 non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) by exercising its power under Section 45-IA (6) of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- In accordance with the information received from Office of Registrar General of India (RGI), sex ratio in India has has been upgraded to how much ?
Answer – C.943
Explanation – In accordance with the information received from Office of Registrar General of India (RGI), India has shown a mounting in sex ratio from 933 females in 2001 to 943 in 2011 for every 1,000 males.
- Finance minister Arun Jaitley tabled the Macro-Economic Survey 2015-16 in Parliament. It was prepared by which of the following ?
A.Dinesh Kumar Jain
C.Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
Answer – D.Arvind Subramanian
Explanation – On 26th February 2016, Finance minister Arun Jaitley tabled the Macro-Economic Survey 2015-16 in Parliament. The economic survey was prepared by the Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramanian.
- National Food Security Act (NFSA) 2013 has been officially launched in which of the following state ?
Answer – B.Mizoram
Explanation – National Food Security Act (NFSA) 2013 was officially launched in Mizoram. The Act was launched by state Food civil Supplies and Consumer affairs Minister John Rotluangliana at Aizwal.
- The Government of India has constituted a “Committee for Evolution of the New Education Policy”. It has been chaired by which of the following ?
Answer – C.T.S.R. Subramanian
Explanation – The Government of India has constituted a “Committee for Evolution of the New Education Policy “to examine the outcome documents, recommendations and suggestions received and formulate a draft National Education Policy as well as a Framework for Action (FFA) by the end of this month.
- The Union Government has extended e-Tourist Visa Scheme to how many countries ?
Answer – D.37
Explanation – The Union Government has extended e-Tourist Visa Scheme to 37 more countries. With this, the total count of countries under the scheme will become 150.