Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exam.
- E-Tourist Visa scheme extended to 37 more countries
- Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) clears 14 FDI proposals
West Bengal to release 64 files on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
- West Bengal CM, Mamata Banerjee announced that the government has decided to put all files and documents related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose in the public domain.
- The total number of documents to declassify on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose is 64 files and these files will be put on display at Kolkata Police Museum
- West Bengal CM, Mamata Banerjee also announced to digitize the documents from the period of 1937 to 1947.
- Netaji’s grandnephew, Chandra Kumar Bose commented this action as a positive step from the government
- All India Forward Bloc (AIFB), a party founded by Netaji himself in 1939. AIFB also demanded that all files related to Netaji in the Centre and other states should be made available to public.
- AIFB general secretary Debabrata Biswas said that these 64 files may not solve the mystery of Netaji’s disappearance
India to buy Heron TP Drones from Israel
- Centre has approved to buy 10 Heron TP Drones worth of 400million US$ from Israel.
- It will be operated by Indian Air Force.
- The Heron drones are equipped with air-to-ground missiles that can carry a payload of 1000kg.
- It is capable for flying for 52 hours of continuous flight at medium altitude levels.
- It can detect, track and take down targets deep in enemy territory.
- Heron drones are similar to the Predator unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) that are capable of reconnaissance, combat and support roles.
Maharashtra to organize a three-day Tadoba Festival
- Maharashtra government set to hold a three-day ‘Tadoba festival’ in Mumbai .
- During this festival it plans to display its grand plans of making the tiger sanctuary in Chandrapur district as a world class entity.
- The state government will deliver its idea of upgrading all the six tiger reserves in the state into ‘A-plus’ category.
- It also plan to build a five-star resort of the Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC) which will be useful for the people from middle class and the upper middle class who would want to visit the sanctuary
- 100 people will also be trained as guides and will be taught English, Hindi and Marathi to converse with the tourists effectively.
Egypt’s Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab and his cabinet resigned
- Egypt’s Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab and his cabinet resigned amid corruption probe.
- President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi accepted Ibrahim Mahlab’s resignation and asked the outgoing Petroleum Minister Sherif Ismail to form a new government within a week.
- President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi asked Ibrahim Mahlab to take a charge as caretaker PM until a new government is formed.
Awards and Recognition
Kumkum Dhar appointed as VC of Bhatkhande Music Institute
- Professor Kumkum Dhar was given additional charge of Vice Chancellor of Bhatkhande Music Institute, a deemed university.
- Uttar Pradesh governor, Ram Naik approved her appointment as VC.
- Currently she holds the position as Head of the department and dean of the faculty of dance of Bhatkhande Music Institute. She will continue this position also.
- She will succeed Professor Shruti Sadolikar Katkar. Kumkum Dhar will hold this additional charge of VC till the appointment of regular VC.
Shashidhar Sinha elected as chairman of ABC
- CEO, IPG Mediabrands India, Shashidhar Sinha, was elected as chairman of Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC) during the 67th Annual General meeting for the year 2015-16.
- He also chairs the Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC)
- He involved in other industry bodies including Advertising Standards Council of India, Media Research Users Council, and Ad Club.
- L Venkat of EENADU and Madhan Kumar from Mudra Communications will serve as the Deputy Chairman and Treasurer of ABC respectively.
- Head Quarters of Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC) – Mumbai
Acquisitions & Mergers
CarDekho to acquire Auto portal Zigwheels
- Online auto classified portal CarDekho set to acquire Zigwheels, an auto portal owned by Times Internet.
- Jaipur based Girnar Soft is the parent company of CarDekho.
- Girnar Soft now runs BikeDekho, PriceDekho and Gaadi.com. In this series it will add Zigwheels also.
- It is the second big acquisitions by the parent company while the first one Gaadi.com which was bought by Girnar Soft a year ago.
- CarDekho was founded by Amit and Anurag Jain.
- CEO & Co-founder of CarDekho Mr.Amit Jain confimed this acquisition
Hollywood actor John P Connell passed away
- Hollywood actor John P Connell passed away at his home in Los Angeles. He was 91.
- John P Connell was well known as the star of the daytime TV drama “Young Dr Malone”.
- He was also a television writer, playwright and prolific commercial voiceover artist.
- He was born in Philadelphia and he was worked on other live telecasts, including “Studio One in Hollywood”, “Kraft Theatre”, “You Are There” and also the “Goodyear Playhouse”.
United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation – September 12
United Nations Day for South – South Cooperation observed on 12th September by the UN General Assembly.
- UN decided to observe this day to commemorate the adoption in 1978 of the Buenos Aries plan of action for promoting and implementing technical cooperation among developing countries.
- It is as an important event of international cooperation for development which offers possible opportunities for developing countries and also such countries with economies in transition in their individual and collective chasing of sustained economic growth and sustainable development.
UN Secretary-General, Ban Ki-moon said in his message for the UN Day of South-South Cooperation. “As we embark on efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, we need to accelerate development momentum across the South, including by building resilience and mitigating risk.”
Mr. Ban Ki-moon added, “The New Development Bank recently established by Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, as well as the proposed Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, hold considerable promise to complement existing sources of finance for development,”