Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will help you to Score Good Marks in Competitive Exam.
Union Health Minister JP Nadda has ordered the formation of a committee to evaluate the Indian Medical Association’s five-point demands. Committee will submit the report within six weeks.
The committee will study suggestions and amendments given by the IMA on all five issues which includes:
- Assault on doctors and clinical establishments
- Amendments in the PCPNDT Act
- Consumer Protection Act for capping the compensation amount
Prez inaugurated 35th IITF 2015
The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the 35th India International Trade Fair (IITF 2015) 2015 on November 14, 2015 at New Delhi to deepen bilateral relations with the rest of the world.
- This trade fair provides an ideal platform for the global fraternity which has a shared interest in trade relations to enhance peace and prosperity.
The IITF aimed to preserve, protect and promote India’s cultural heritage through collaboration amongst Government, industry, and artisans, craft persons and weavers.
- India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) has taken several initiatives this year to improve facilities offered to visitors and support agencies for organizing the Fair with improved logistics and facilities.
Jammu and Kashmir to get its first handicrafts museum
Jammu and Kashmir would get its first handicrafts museum over one-and-a-half acres of land at the exhibition ground in the heart of Srinagar.
- The Divisional Commissioner of Kashmir Asgar Hassan Samoon solicited tourism department to submit a concept plan within a week for the coversion of old educational structure and adjacent land available at exhibition ground Srinagar into a handicrafts museum.
J&K Capital – Jammu (winter), Srinagar (summer)
J&K CM – Mufti Mohammad Sayeed
The two days Valletta Summit 2015 on Migration was concluded on 12 November that was held in Valletta, Malta.
- 65 heads of governments/high level policy makers from Europe and Africa.
- Officials from the UN and various organizations of the European Union
Emergency Declared in France
French President Francois Hollande declared state of emergency after a series of terror attacks which left at least 128 people dead.
- France’s provisions for states of emergency grants the state extraordinary powers to order warrantless searches of homes and businesses, shut down demonstrations, impose curfews, confiscate weapons, and put people under house arrest.
Earlier emergencies in France:
- In November 2005 when the death of two teenagers of immigrant Zyed Benna and Bouna Traore led countrywide riots. That state of emergency lasted until January 4, 2006.
- Previously, the country had imposed a state of emergency in Algeria, a former French colony, in 1955, 1958 and 1961.
Capital – Paris
Currencies – Euro, CFP franc
BANKING & FINANCE
HDFC & YES Bank to list bonds on LSE
Mumbai headquartered Housing Development and Finance Corporation (HDFC) and Maharashtra headquartered YES Bank are planning to list their bonds on the London Stock Exchange.
- YES Bank is planning to raise $500 mn by issuing of “Green bonds”.
- HDFC is planning to raise to raise $750 mn by issuing rupee denominated offshore bonds aka “masala bonds”.
The announcements were made on the sidelines of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ongoing visit to the UK.
About London Stock Exchange (LSE):
LSE is the third-largest stock exchange in the world on the basis of market capitalisation.
Establishment – 1801
Indices – FTSE 100 Index, FTSE 250 Index, FTSE 350 Index, FTSE SmallCap Index, FTSE All-Share Index
NaMo launches “Neev Fund” in UK
Nation’s first low-income state infrastructure equity partnership or Neev fund was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in UK in the presence of David Cameron.
- The Fund has co-investment from the UK Department of International Development and Mumbai headquartered State Bank of India.
- The fund will invest in small infrastructure projects in eight low-income states.
The fund aims at providing equity partnerships for small infrastructure development in sectors like water and sanitation, clean energy and urban infrastructure and to help small projects to raise capital in the long-term with equitable growth.
September IIP fall to 3.6% while October CPI rises to 5%
The annual industrial output grew at a slower of 3.6% in September, diminished by a slower expansion in the mining sector.
- Index of industrial production (IIP) was revised to 3% in August.
As per the data released by the central statistics office:
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) based inflation ↑ to 5% in October in comparison with 4.41% in the previous month.
- Retail Food Inflation ↑to 5.25% in October as compared with 3.88% in August due to supply shortage in pulses.
- Fuel inflation ↓ marginally to 5.32% in October in comparison with 5.42% in the September.
- Clothing and footwear inflation ↓ to 5.62% from 6% in September.
- Food & beverage inflation in October was ↑ at 5.36%.
- Pulses recorded 25% inflation.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGN
The government has nominated film and TV actor Satish Shah, film critic Bhawana Somaaya and TV producer Bijendra Pal Singh of “CID” fame to the FTII society as members of Film and Television Institute of India Society.
(Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Minister – Arun Jaitley)
- The troika will succeed Santosh Sivan, Jahnu Barua and Pallavi Joshi who resigned in consensus with striking FTII students in July 2015.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee presented the National Child Awards for Exceptional Achievement 2015 to give recognition to children with exceptional abilities and outstanding achievement in various fields at Rashtrapati Bhavan on the occasion of Children’s Day on November 14, 2015.
Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Award:
This award is presented to individuals for their outstanding contribution towards service for children.
- Moji Jini from Arunachal Pradesh
- Smt Vaijayanti M. Chougala from Karanataka
- Santhosh. G. Thomas from Thiruvananthapuram
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar dedicated the Boeing P 8 I (Poseidon Eight India) Long Range Maritime Patrol aircraft to the nation at a ceremony held at INS Rajali at Arakkonam, 70 Km off Chennai.
- Chief of Naval Staff Admiral RK Dhowan, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief Eastern Naval Command Vice Admiral Satish Soni attended the ceremony.
- The P-8I aircraft is equipped for long range anti-submarine warfare, anti -surface warfare, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance in support of broad area, maritime and littoral operations.
Magnitude 7.0 quake hits off southern coast of Japan – USGS
A 7.0-magnitude earthquake hits off the coast of Kyushu in south western Japan and triggered a minor tsunami in the southern part of Kagoshima prefecture. The earthquake was reported as 6.7 on the Richter scale by the US Geological Survey.
- The strong earthquake jolted about 160 km southwest of Makurazaki, Kagoshima on Friday at a depth of about 10 km by the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA).
- A 30-cm tsunami was observed on the Nakanoshima Island about an hour after the quake.
- Japan Currency : Yen
- Japan Capital : Tokyo
- Japan PM : Shinzō Abe
New species of duck-billed dinosaur found
A new species of duck-billed dinosaur in US that roamed the Earth about 79 million years ago by a professor at Montana State University (MSU).
- The new species neatly fills a gap that had existed between an ancestral form with no crest and a descendant with a larger crest, providing key insight into the evolution of elaborate display structures in these gigantic extinct herbivores.
- Elizabeth Freedman Fowler and MSU paleontologist Jack Horner named the dinosaur Probrachylophosaurus bergei and suggest it is a previously missing link between a preceding species, Acristavus, which lived about 81 million.
- The research was published in the journal PLOS ONE.
Putin orders inquiry into allegations of major drug abuse in athletics
Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an inquiry into allegations of major drug abuse in athletics that have left the country facing a possible Olympic ban and declared that a foreign specialist could take over its discredited testing laboratory.
For who : Participation in 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro
- The inquiry was ordered in the wake of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) report.
- A committee of the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has decided that the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA) is not in compliance with WADA rules.
World Diabetes Day
World Diabetes Day is the primary global awareness campaign of the diabetes world and is celebrated on November 14 each year. It was introduced in 1991 by the International Diabetes Federation and the World Health Organization.
Objective : To raise awareness of Diabetes and related causes.
Theme : Healthy Living starts at Breakfast
- The Cayman Islands Health Services Authority (HSA) is joining to recognize World Diabetes Day.
- The day chosen was the birthday of Sir Frederick Banting, a medical scientist who co-discovered Insulin
Children’s Day – Bal Divas
November 14th, birthday of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru the first prime minister of India is celebrated as Children’s Day. Bal Diwas was first celebrated in 1964 after the death of Pandit Nehru
Objective : To increase the awareness towards the rights, care and education of children
- V K Krishna Menon proposed the idea of Universal Children’s Day to the UN General Assembly and they accepted this proposal in October.
About Jawaharlal Nehru(14 November 1889 – 27 May 1964) :
- Jawaharlal Nehru was thefirst Prime Minister of India and a central figure in Indian politics before and after independence.
- He emerged as the paramount leader of theIndian independence movement under the tutelage of Mahatma Gandhi and ruled India from its establishment as an independent nation in 1947 until his death in 1964.
- President of India presents National Child Awardson the occasion of Children’s Day.