AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The Central Government of India has renamed the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA). The Institution was named after which former Indian Minister?
1) Sushma Swaraj
2) Arun Jaitley
3) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
4) Manohar Parikkar
5) Vallabhbhai PatelAnswer-4) Manohar Parikkar
The Central Government has renamed Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (IDSA) as Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses in order to “honour the commitment and legacy” of late Manohar Parrikar. Late Manohar Parrikar was a former defence minister and Padma Bhushan awardee. The Defence Minister chairs the Executive Committee of the IDSA Institute, New Delhi. Late Parrikar was Defence Minister from November 9, 2014 to March 14, 2017 & initiated several reforms in the Ministry.
- The Supreme Court (SC) of India’s bench has approved to constitute permanent commission to women officers in the Army so that women military officers can work till the age of retirement. The bench constitutes of?
1) Justice S.A. Bobde
2) Justice D.Y. Chandrachud
3) Justice Ajay Rastogi
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)Answer-5) Both 2) and 3)
The Supreme Court(SC) bench of Justices D.Y. Chandrachud and Ajay Rastogi agreed on Delhi High Court’s decision about eligibility of permanent commission and command post to short service commissioned (SSC) women officers in the army.
New changes: The grant of permanent commission means that women military officers can now work in the army till the age of retirement.
Background: Women officers in the Indian Military Service are recruited through the Short Service Commission (SSC) and can work in the army for a period of 10 years, extendable up to 14 years. However, they are not given pension even after retirement due to not being able to work for 20 years. Male SSC officers can get permanent commission at the end of 10 years of service, but this option was not available to women officers.
- The Department of Animal husbandry & Dairying under the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying announced doubling of Milk processing capacities to _____ by 2025?
1) 100 MT
2) 104 MT
3) 108 MT
4) 112 MT
5) 120 MTAnswer-3) 108 MT
The Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying under the Ministry of Fisheries,Animal Husbandry and Dairying announced that the Government will facilitate the increase of milk processing capacity to 108 million metric tonne (MT) from 53.5 million metric tonne by 2025 .
- The All Indian Council of Technical Education (AICTE) has banned all the Universities in India from offering Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) courses simultaneously. Who is the Present chairman of AICTE?
1) Mrinal Miri
2) Anita Karwal
3) R. Subrahmanyam
4) Anil Sahasrabudhe
5) D. P. SinghAnswer-4) Anil Sahasrabudhe
AICTE (All Indian Council of Technical Education), has banned all the government & private universities across the country to offer both PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) and MBA (Master of Business Administration) courses simultaneously.
- The President of India Ram Nath Govind had a 2-day visit to Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu from February 17-18, 2020. The merger of the Union Territories (UT) Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu effective from?
1) 15 August, 2019
2) 26 January, 2020
3) 27 November, 2019
4) 9 December 2019
5) 17 February 2020Answer-2) 26 January, 2020
The president of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind paid a 2-day official visit to Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu from February 17-18, 2020. This is his 1st visit to the Union Territory (UT) of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu. Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, (DNHDD), is a union territory in western India. It was created through the merger of the union territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu. Plans for the proposed merger were announced by the Government of India in July 2019 and the necessary legislation was passed in the Parliament of India in December 2019 and came into effect on 26 January 2020.
- Which Indian State government has launched ‘Nadu-Nedu’ scheme to modernize all the government hospital in 3 years with the allocated fund of 15,337cr?
2) Andhra Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
5) KarnatakaAnswer-2) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh (AP) Chief Minister (CM) Yedugiri Sandinti JaganMohan Reddy launched the Nadu-Nedu scheme (roughly meaning then and now in Telugu) at STBC ground, Kurnool, AP. An amount of Rs 15,337 crore has been allocated to modernise all government (govt)hospitals in 3 years.
- The scheme launched by Andhra Pradesh government under which elderly people will get free eye screening across the state is _______?
1) YSR Matsyakara Nestham Scheme
2) YSR Amma void scheme
3) YSR Kapu Nestham scheme
4) YSR Arogya Asara scheme
5) YSR Kanti velugu SchemeAnswer-5) YSR Kanti velugu Scheme
The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched their one of the revolutionary healthcare scheme i.e. YSR KANTI VELEGU Scheme on 10th October 2019 at Anantapura District on the occasion of “World Sight Day”. It is basically a free mass eye screening program which is going to be implemented in Andhra Pradesh in phased manner. On 18 February, 2020 CM launched third phase of YSR Kanti Velugu at a cost of Rs 560 crore under which 56,88,420 elderly people would get free eye screening across the state.
- With which country India has signed letter of intent (LoI) for collaboration on blue economy for sustainable development (Feb 2020)?
2) Sri Lanka
5) SingaporeAnswer-1) Norway
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Ministry of Earth Sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan along with Norway’s Minister for Climate and Environment, H.E. Mr Sveinung Rotevatn have jointly inaugurated the ‘India-Norway Task Force on Blue Economy for Sustainable Development’ at the 3rd meeting of the Task Force in New Delhi, India. The 2 countries also signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) & agreed to support and work together on Integrated Ocean Management & Research.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has decided to tighten the norms to whom to protect the interest of investors with the proposed advisory capping fees of 2.25% of assets under management (AUM) / an amount of ₹75,000 per annum?
1) Market Brokers
2) Investment advisors
3) Stock buyers
4) Stock Trader
5) Investment agentsAnswer-2) Investment advisors
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the regulator for the securities market in India, has decided to tighten the eligibility rules for investment advisors with the intention of protecting the interests of investors. It has also decided to set an advisory capping fees & proposed a fee of 2.25% of assets under management (AUM) / an amount of ₹75,000 per annum. The fee can be charged for up to 2 quarters at a time and cannot be fully charged upfront.
- Which Public Sector Bank (PSB) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Gujarat state government to facilitate Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) loans?
1) State Bank of India (SBI)
2) Bank of Baroda (BoB)
3) Union Bank of India (UBI)
4) Bank of Maharashtra (BoM)
5) Central Bank of India (CBI)Answer-1) State Bank of India (SBI)
In order to provide enough credit to entrepreneurs in the MSME (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) sector, the state Government of Gujarat has signed an MoU (memorandum of understanding) with State Bank of India (SBI), through which the bank will provide working capital to entrepreneurs aims to start new MSME within 15 days of making an application. In October 2019, The Gujarat state announced that MSME units will no longer be required to take various approvals to start operations for the initial 3 years period.They can start operations after getting an acknowledgment certificate from the state nodal agency by submitting ‘declaration of intent.’
- Which country has elected Ashraf Ghani as their president for second consecutive time in February 2020?
2) United Arab Emirates
5) IranAnswer-4) Afghanistan
Afghanistan’s Incumbent president Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai (70) wins second term as Afghanistan president as an Independent Candidate securing 50.64% votes in september 2019 election announced by the Election Commission of Afghanistan. Ashraf Ghani defeated Afghanistan’s Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah, who gained 39.52% votes in the election.
- Who has been appointed as the Chairman of Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) by appointments committee of cabinet for 5 years or till the attainment of age 65 (Feb 2020)?
1) Supratim Bandyopadhyay
2) Pankaj Jain
3) Arvind Singh
4) Ajay Bhushan Pandey
5) Anil Kumar JhaAnswer-1) Supratim Bandyopadhyay
Supratim Bandyopadhyay was appointed as chairman of the PFRDA (Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority). The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved Supratim appointment for a period of 5 years from the date of assumption or till attaining the age of 65 years. He was the successor of Shri Pankaj Jain.
- Who has been appointed as next Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of India Succeeding Sudhir Bhargava (Feb 2020)?
1) Suresh Patel
2) Sanjay Kothari
3) K. V. Chowdary
4) Bimal Julka
5) Amita PandoveAnswer-4) Bimal Julka
A high powered selection committee headed by Narendra Modi has selected former Information and Broadcasting Secretary Bimal Julka , current Information Commissioner became new Chief Information Commissioner in the Central Information Commission. Bimal Julka to succeed Sudhir Bhargava as CIC.
- Who has been appointed as new Chief Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) replacing K.V. Chowdary (Feb 2020)?
1) Sudhir Bhargava
2) Bimal Julka
3) Suresh Patel
4) Amita Pandove
5) Sanjay KothariAnswer-5) Sanjay Kothari
A high powered selection committee headed by Narendra Modi has selected Sanjay Kothari, current Secretary to the President as the new Chief Vigilance Commissioner(CVC). Sanjay Kothari to succeed K. V. Chowdary as CVC.
- According to Times Higher Education’s (THE) emerging economies University ranking 2020 which Indian University topped among Indian Universities in top 100?
1) Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
2) Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
3) Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
4) Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
5) Indian Institute of Technology RoorkeeAnswer-1) Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
According to the Times Higher Education’s (THE) Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020, which ranks a total of 533 universities from 47 countries, India has 11 institutes among world’s top 100 universities where Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru (Karnataka) emerged as India’s top-ranked institution by getting the rank 16th with the score 48.4. Tsinghua University in China has topped the list with the score of 83.8.
Here’s the list of Top 3& Indian Universities in the ranking:
Rank University Name Country Scores 1 Tsinghua University China 83.8 2 Peking University China 83 3 Zhejiang University China 65.5 Rank of Indian Universities in top 100 16 Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru 48.4 32 Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur 42.9 34 Indian Institute of Technology Bombay 42.4 38 Indian Institute of Technology Delhi 41.9 58 Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee 38.4 61 Indian Institute of Technology Indore 38.2 63 Indian Institute of Technology Madras 37.7 63 Indian Institute of Technology Ropar 37.7 73 Institute of Chemical Technology 37.3 77 Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur 37.1 90 Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham 35.3
- According to Economist Intelligence Unit’s (EIU) ‘The Worldwide Education for the Future Index (WEFFI) 2019 report, Finland topped the index and India’s rank in the Index is _________.
5) 52Answer-1) 35
The Worldwide Education for The Future Index (WEFFI) 2019 ranked India in 35th position, whereas in 2018 it was ranked 40th position. The WEFFI report is created by The Economist Intelligence unit and commissioned by Yidan Prize foundation. The index is topped by Finland, followed by Sweden in second place and New Zealand in third place.
Rank Economy 35 India 1 Finland 2 Sweden 3 New Zealand
- Which Indian language is the most spoken in the world followed English and Mandarin as per the 22nd edition of the world language database Ethnologue (yearly database of spoken languages of the world)?
5) TeluguAnswer-2) Hindi
The 22nd edition of the world language database Ethnologue stated Hindi, as the 3rd most spoken language of the world in 2019 with 615 million speakers. English language was at the top of the list with 1,132 million speakers and Mandarin Chinese was at the 2nd position with 1,117 million speakers.
Top 3 languages:
Position Languages 1 English (1,132 million) 2 Mandarin Chinese (1,117 million) 3 Hindi (615 million)
- India – Russia defence deals set to cross ________ (in US Dollars) in February 2020.
1) 12 Billion
2) 13 Billion
3) 14 Billion
4) 15 Billion
5) 16 BillionAnswer-5) 16 Billion
The defence deals between India and Russia are set to cross USD 16 billion (approximately Rs.11.44 lakh crores) which includes India signed 14 MoUs (Memorandum of Understandings) with Russia during the defexpo 2020 that covered development and production of land, naval and systems and hi-tech civilian products, and separately contracts signed for the production of Kalashnikov rifles, Kamov helicopters and S-400 air defence systems.
- The Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers ltd (GRSE) delivered 4th anti-submarine warfare corvette to Indian Navy. The 4th anti-submarine warfare is named as ___________.
1) INS Arihant
2) INS Kamorta
3) INS Kadmatt
4) INS Kavaratti
5) INS KiltanAnswer-4) INS Kavaratti
Kolkata based defence PSU (Public Sector Undertakings) GRSE (Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers ltd.) has delivered its fourth and Last Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvette (ASWC) INS (Indian Naval Ship) Kavaratti to Indian Navy under Project-28. The first 3 ships under project-28 are INS Kamorta, INS Kadmatt and INS Kiltan (Participated in EX-MALABAR) are delivered to Indian Navy by GRSE.
- Which country has tested the nuclear capable air launched cruise missile ‘Ra-ad-II’ with the range of 600Km?
5) BangladeshAnswer-2) Pakistan
Pakistan successfully completed the flight test of the air launched cruise missile Ra’ad-II with a range of 600 km significantly boosting the military’s “deterrence capability” on land and at sea. The successful flight test was witnessed by senior Pakistan Army officers and military officials.
- Where in India the ‘Researchers of India’s atomic energy commission’ have found Lithium reserves of 14, 100 tonnes recently (Feb 2020)?
1) Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
2) Neyveli, Tamil Nadu
3) Mandya, Karnataka
4) Udaipur, Rajasthan
5) Joda, OdishaAnswer-3) Mandya, Karnataka
The Researchers of India’s Atomic Energy Commission have found lithium reserves of 14,100 tonnes in Mandya, Bengaluru, Karnataka. Lithium is a rare metal used for manufacturing batteries for electric vehicles.
- M.S. Mani, who passed away recently is a __________.
4) Social Worker
5) Cine ActorAnswer-3) Journalist
Former Chief-editor of Kerala Kaumudi (Malayalam daily) and kala kaumudi (magazine) chief editor M.S. Mani passed away at the age of 79 in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.Former Chief-editor of Kerala Kaumudi (Malayalam daily) and kala kaumudi (magazine) chief editor M.S. Mani passed away at the age of 79 in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. In 1975 he launched Kala Kaumudi magazine and in 1990 he launched Kala Kaumudi daily from Mumbai, one of the first Malayalam newspapers to be printed and published from outside Kerala.
- Karnataka based Kishori Ballal who is in news recently (Feb 2020) is a _______
1) Cine Actor
2) Western Dancer
3) Pop Singer
5) MusicianAnswer-1) Cine Actor
Veteran Kannada actor Kishori Ballal passed away at the age of 82 in Bengaluru, due to her age related illness. She hailed from Dakshina Kannada district, Karnataka.
- To promote the increase in yields and sustainable farming, Ministry of Agriculture and farmers’ welfare launched the soil health card scheme. The Soil Health Card (SHC) day was celebrated annually on ________?
1) February 16
2) February 17
3) February 18
4) February 19
5) February 20Answer-4) February 19
Fifth year of the launch of Soil Health Card Day was observed across the country on february 19, 2020. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi had launched the Soil Health Card (SHC) Scheme on February 19, 2015 at Suratgarh in Rajasthan, to increase the fertility of the soil.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the present Chief Justice of India? Answer-Sharad Arvind Bobde (47th)
- Who is the Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying & what is his/her constituency? Answer-Minister – Giriraj Singh & Constituency – Begusarai, Bihar
- What is the currency & capital of Norway? Answer-Capital – Oslo & Currency – Norwegian krone
- The capital and Administrator of the Union Territory (UT) Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu is? Answer-Capital – Daman & Administrator – Praful Patel
- Where is the Headquarters of Economics Intelligence Unit (EIU) located at? Answer-London, United Kingdom
- What is the Tagline of State Bank of India (SBI)? Answer-Tagline– The Banker to Every Indian; With you all the way; Purely Banking Nothing Else; The Nation Banks on Us
- Where is the Headquarters of Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers ltd. (GRSE) located at? Answer-Kolkata, West Bengal
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]